Official LS Picture Thread

new Flickr...

10714821725_93f1b1ab9c_b.jpg

11.5.2013-5 by JK_NY, on Flickr

Thanks Chris. :cool: I like your post above ^ great location... I also stalked your flickr and you have some great shots on there. Nicely done.

I probably should have entered this one for the calendar lol. If only I took this one two weeks earlier.

Thanks Chris. :cool: I like your post above ^ great location... I also stalked your flickr and you have some great shots on there. Nicely done.

I probably should have entered this one for the calendar lol. If only I took this one two weeks earlier.

Yeah, I would have voted this one hands down in the calendar.

quick crash course in headlights HIDs/LEDs/halos...

H.I.D. = High-intensity discharge
These bulbs require a ballast to work, and most new vehicles have these type of headlights from the factory. The 2003-2006 LS was available with this as a factory option, but the headlamp assembly is slightly different to accommodate the brighter bulbs (major difference = the reflector bowl is different). Many of us on here have put aftermarket kits in our non-HID headlights (like myself) as well as the foglights. This is quite simple and you should be able to do it yourself (search, there are plenty of threads on this).

HID bulbs are measured in color (temperature) on the kelvin scale (google this, there are 100s of explanations). The typical factory color temperature is 4300K-5000K. Perfect white is between 5000k-6000k. The "blue" color is typically 8000k-10000k. And above that, there are crazy colors from purple to green.

L.E.D. = light-emitting diode
LEDs are also widely used on newer vehicles today because they last almost forever, are easy to use, draw minimal energy, and give off little heat. Most of us on here have converted most of the factory halogen bulbs in our LS's to LEDs in one way or another. There are dozens of threads on this, and there is usually more than one way to do a conversion.
The Angel Eyes are actually LEDs on rings. LEDs are also measured in kelvin.

Long story short. If you want to match your foglights and low beams (even high beams) to the angel eye rings; get a HID kit or a set of LED bulbs (LEDs in foglights only because they are not as bright as HIDs) in 6000k.

Thats what I have... 6000k HIDs in the low beams and foglights. They are not "blue" and they look very similar to factory HIDs. I warn you they are very bright and some ppl might not appreciate them driving opposite you. I usually run angel eyes and foglights only around town, and leave the lowbeams off.
:cool:

Hope this has helped. There are many threads on this...so feel free to search using the search bar above.

I think its time to tear johnny knox of the wall :p

Car looks amazing man cant wait to see more of it this spring

Members online

Back