My winter project

dbleb88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know how you people enjoy picture progress threads, so I figured I would give it a try. A customer of mine has a 97 LSC, Opalescent with a Light Graphite interior. He loves the car, but hated the interior color. He wanted an Ebony interior and asked me to find one and change it over for him. A little looking and found a wrecked 97 in NJ with a nice interior, so off we go and 600 miles later we have a donor car. Here is also a picture of his car. It came from Texas with 43,000 miles and is completely rust free. Quite a difference compared to the New England cars I am used to.

100_0261.jpg

100_0262.jpg

100_0278.jpg

100_0279.jpg

After stripping the donor and then his car, installed the interior in his car piece by piece. Over a year ago I scrapped a CE and sold him the steering wheel and shift knob. It was now a perfect time to install them. I have a guy that repairs and dyes leather for me, so he came down and dyed the steering wheel Black. It was also a good time to put John Temples white face gauges in. What a quality product, about the fifth I have done.

100_0263.jpg

100_0264.jpg

100_0266.jpg

100_0267.jpg

100_0268.jpg

100_0269.jpg

100_0274.jpg

100_0275.jpg

100_0277.jpg

100_0276.jpg

When my customer saw his car he was so happy he let me loose to attack the rest of the car. I replaced all 4 airbags with new, drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads, complete new Moog/TRW frontend pieces and powdercoated evap tray. Also removed, resealed and polished the headlights so she looks like a Mark should.

Next time the owner showed he had a new challenge for me. He had a complete set of Bullet wheels he had purchased with 275 rears and 245 fronts. The only problem was he did not like the gunmetal gray spokes so here we go again. Dismounted the tires and took the wheels to my powdercoat guy to color the spokes black. He was right, they do look better. Now due to the size of the 275's I had to cut the rear quarter lips away about half an inch and put a thinner piece of trim moulding at the seams.

100_0270.jpg

Next up is just maintainence items. Plugs, filters, Mobil I, belt tensioner and idler pulley. After that I am installing a Mandrell Bend exhaust with x-pipe and 2 Magnaflows. Will have more pictures at that point if you are still interested. Thanx Bruce

While you are under the car I would also drop the tranny pan, drain the TC, replace the filter and replace the fluid with Mercon V, J Mod the plates wouldn't hurt either.

Looks awesome! Nice job!!! That’s the combo I really, really, really want. There is one for sale here but I can’t get enough together to get her. Where did you get the OEM air shocks?

I got the shocks from Amazon, best deal on the net. And no Greg, the wheels are 4.25 bc, direct fit. Thanx Bruce

Wow Bruce, That car looks amazing now, It was in beautiful condition before, but this really gives it more of an edge. I was wrong The Bullitt wheels do look better in black...but... ONLY on the white car, I still like gunmetal better though.

sorry this is off topic but, did you get my email?

$$$

Bruce, All that work should take all winter. Just wondering what the bill on all that work is,my guess between 3K and 5K. I.m hoping I can get you to do a few things on my 98 in the spring, but not quite that much. Waiting for the finished pictures. TONYyyy :D:D

Winter project

Not sure where he got them Alex, will ask next time he shows up. He showed up with them in the back of his Range Rover with a set of Cooper zeon (I think) tires and some of the strangest flush mount (recessed) valve stems I have ever seen ! There was a script R on the hubcaps if that means anything to anybody. Covered those with Temples speedstar covers. Thanx Bruce

I think they were the ones from Custom Wheel Shop. I was looking at those in the grey last year for my green Mark. The hidden valve stem kit is strange looking.

Members online

Back