My winter project

I think they were the ones from Custom Wheel Shop. I was looking at those in the grey last year for my green Mark. The hidden valve stem kit is strange looking.

Correct. Same wheels that are on my Mark. I love the hidden valve stem.

Winter project

Back with some more pics. Got the tires mounted and ready to go on.

100_0292.jpg

Back with some more pics. Got the tires mounted and ready to go on.

Are those the center cap covers sold through temple performance that you were talking about? Are they just stickers that cover the existing center cap? I've never seen them before theyve been installed.

wnter project

Now it is time for the exhaust. Used a mandrel bend kit with x pipe and 2 stainless Magnaflows, same set-up as on my red 98 and have used on 2 others. Definately makes a unique sound without the cabin drone or smell from third cat. The kit is just that, a kit you need to cut, fit and weld. After the first one it is a piece of cake. You might notice I use clamps on the mufflers and where it connects to the head pipes behind the cats. This is just my preference to make it easier to work on the car in the future. Haven't met the Mark owner who doesn't want to modify his car later down the road once he starts.

progress 002.jpg

progress 007.JPG

progress 004.jpg

winter project 001.JPG

winter project 002.JPG

winter project 003.JPG

winter project 005.JPG

winter project 007.JPG

winter project 006.JPG

winter project 008.JPG

I am a big fan of the OEM tips, they just seem to look correct on the car. Also installed the powdercoated evap tray on the car to finish up the bottom and put the car on the ground for the first time in a while. Will see if the new airbags hold her up leakfree.

winter project 012.JPG

winter project 020.JPG

winter project 010.JPG

Sitting on the ground it almost had a 4x4 look with the staggered tire sizes. Took and sensor lowered to where I think it looks good with a little forward rake, see what the customer thinks on Sat. Almost forgot, had a new OEM rear window installed. Old one looked like it was surrounded by well done bacon cooked by the hot Texas sun. Still must be better for the car then the weather here in New England. Next step is a test drive off to get a 4 wheel alignment, one more trip through the shop to recheck everything, then off to the detailers for interior cleaning and leather treatment, wet sand and buff exterior and home she goes. I will post pictures when she is ready to go home. I have enjoyed doing this project and sharing some pics and info with you fellow members but it is time to go back to my real job, running a Cat bulldozer. That's what pays the bills and keeps my 3 girls running and looking pretty. Thanx Bruce

winter project 013.JPG

winter project 014.JPG

winter project 016.JPG

winter project 017.JPG

winter project 015.JPG

winter project 018.JPG

winter project 019.JPG

looking good...I'd like to replace my rear window...how much did that one set ya back?

tile knife?

What's your deductible on your comprehensive? May want to look into that and talk to some glass places nearby. If you could get your insurance to cover glass "breakage" it would be muuch cheaper.

winter project

Here is the end of a long road. Detailer did a nice job and the car drives real nice. Hope the owner is pleased. Thanx Bruce

100_0296.jpg

100_0297.jpg

100_0298.jpg

100_0299.jpg

100_0300.jpg

100_0301.jpg

100_0302.jpg

100_0303.jpg

100_0304.jpg

Here is the end of a long road. Detailer did a nice job and the car drives real nice. Hope the owner is pleased. Thanx Bruce

I love it. I'm not a fan of black wheels on a white car but Bullitts are bullitts. The car looks awesome.

Did you dye that steering wheel?

I think he explained something about that earlier on this very thread. It was supposedly dyed.

Final, final pics. Yes Gregg, I have a guy who comes to my shop and can repair or dye leather. For less than $200 he can make a pair of front seats look like they have never been set in. Thanx Bruce

100_0305.jpg

100_0307.jpg

100_0308.jpg

Ok

Bruce, Looks fantastic top to bottom. Have the guy dig deep and get proper floor mats. :D

Bruce, Thanks for sharing. I like that color combo for some reason.

Car turned out great. You've gone above and beyond what a typical shop would do. Hope your customer will appreciate all the work you've done to it.

-Ren

Members online

No members online now.
Back