Official LS Picture Thread

Thanks to pictures from Xford, I couldn't help myself and ordered Eibachs with next day shipping from Amazon lol... Damnit.. If they are too low, I'll just swap them back out.. no biggie.

Here was my last try at catching the pearl in the light.. Another HDR.

8279749659_44bac34f63_c.jpg

pearly_1 by MattWhidden, on Flickr

I can't wait to put mine on and see how they look. looks like i'll be waiting for a bit till i get back in the states. looks very nice though.

Lol sorry dudes, got lazy and decided to wait until sunday. Big mistake, its been pouring since.

When you said you were going to wash it I was thinking you were crazy because it was suppose to rain the next day and so on. I wouldn't have washed mine either.

@blwnbyu - I seriously love these pics. The original shots are great but man the editing is sharp.

Thank you.. My springs go on tomorrow. After I get the chrome parts painted, I'm going to do some before/after shots.

The original wheels it had are just so awful. I just bought brand new studded snow tires for them but I don't want to take the Sentas off lol. The car looks so much sportier now.

I would have angled the car more, but the Nitto's didn't want to go backwards in the snow. I was basically stuck.

HDR's FTW :D

The wide angle lense messes with perspective a little. After seeing it now, there is no way I would install eibachs. I wish I could lower it only about 3/4".

Sentas lowered on Eibachs. The tires are the wrong size thou 255/35/20 Kumhos. Plan to get new tires sometime next summer.

DSCF1294 small.jpg

DSCF2831 small.jpg

Sentas lowered on Eibachs. The tires are the wrong size thou 255/35/20 Kumhos. Plan to get new tires sometime next summer.

How are they the wrong size? I'm running 255/35/20 nitto's as well.

My eibachs are going on tomorrow

My poor LS was stuck at the end of my driveway during our really heavy MN snow last week, was a sad time til I put new treds on the car

Not looking forward to snow myself.... Although I did just pick up a set of Blizzaks to throw on my '06 stockers

Pic8.jpg
]

blwnbyu,

Really love your quality of pictures man!

you already explained which camera you are using but are you also using different lenses and what is this HDR editing ? Is it a function on the camera ?

Really impressed with the pictures! Kudos ...

blwnbyu,

you already explained which camera you are using but are you also using different lenses and what is this HDR editing ? Is it a function on the camera ?

i must have missed that post. what camera are you using? i'm inspired to get a camera with Auto Exposure Bracketing.

blwnbyu,

I'm using a Canon EOS 7D.. It's considered a Prosumer body.

I was using a cheap Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6 $429
And a Hoya Circular Polarizing Filter.. The polarizer is important for keeping the super blue sky and vivid colors in the harsh light I was shooting with.

Here's a decent tutorial on HDR's. I use photomatix and then I sharpen and clean it up in Camera Raw (part of Photoshop) but lightroom would do the exact same thing.

http://abduzeedo.com/how-create-hdr-photos-hdrphotomatix-tutorial

i must have missed that post. what camera are you using? i'm inspired to get a camera with Auto Exposure Bracketing.

Any DSLR will autobracket. I used to shoot HDR's on my old Rebel XS. Unfortunately pretty much all Canons besides the 5D MKIII are stuck with 3 exposure autobracketing, while Nikons will do 5. But if you use a tripod, you don't need AEB. You can just Take 3,5,7,9 or however many shots you want, 1 stop apart from each other. That's how I do 5 or more exposure HDR's when there is a ton of contrast in a picture (sunsets especially)

Many thanks, I've copied your explanation above and will one day look into getting set up
with the correct gear and capture some excellent photos like yourself.

Keep up the great work, your LS pictures, really are some of the best I've ever seen.

Members online

Back