Nice weekend, checked in at a local Hospital.

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
Well. they had vacancy so why not? lol...

Anyway, not directly Mark VIII related in a way but guys,trust me, it's not how I wanted things to turn out. I actually had plans this weekend to work on my black '97 including some new headlights I was planning on grabbing yet I ended up in the hospital. I had already experienced similar pain last Monday but I rode through it & woke up fine the next day.

Anyway, come Sat night, I had horrific abdominal pain & my wife insisted I go to the ER. After some blood withdrawn, MRI & even an EKG, the results came back & it turns out I had 3 reasons why I was in pain. small kidney stone, hiatal hernia & indigestion due to under-cooked red meat. The pain was so horrible that I was constantly begging for morphine. I got very small doses twice p/day. I got home 11am this morning.

So now, HUGE diet change & exercise. I suck at exercising so I'm not looking forward to the change but I'm definitely not wanting a repeat of this weekend. I'm only 33 & at this rate come 45 I'll be long gone!

That sucks but glad to hear your all right! If you want a good DVD to start off work out try P90 NOT P90X. It ramps you up and is kinda fun. I did 2 rounds of P90 and it whipped me in shape.

Sorry to hear that, hope you recover fast. For exercise it's hard to beat:

http://www.exrx.net/

You can set up a general exercise program and the weight training section is very good with both ways to set up a program and useful pictures and vids to properly do the exercises.

Glad you are out of the hospital Alex. Hope you're feeling much better.

-Ren

Sucks that you ended up in the hospital Alex, but glad to hear you're doing better and have plans to get yourself healthier. :D

I'm a year away from 30 and still have a couple more things I have to do to get my health on the right track. What i'm learning now is that i'm not nearly as invincible as I thought I was throughout my 20's. :( Weight wise i'm good, but I need to eat healthier and get a couple g's worth of dental work done.....With no insurance. :(

If you can get your mind right the weightloss can be simple. Little too no ff or takeout, stay away from sugar/complex carbs(minus fruit/natural sugars) and portion control. I gained 70lbs in 7 months once I got out of the hospital a couple years back. Lost 100 in the last 1.5 years eating smaller portions 6-7 times a day every couple hours, no ff or sweets. As long as you're motivated you'll beable to get on the right track. gl :)

Nice to here it wasn't worse im in the same boat i need to work out but im to lazy after work.

Stay away from hospitals, too many sick people there. Treat your body like your MK8s, take care of them and they will take care of you. Being ill sucks, glad your feeling better.

Sorry to hear about that. Get well. I think its a little harder to take proper care of our selves now days so we just have work a little harder at it. Just like everything else. Hang in there.

Stay away from hospitals, too many sick people there. Treat your body like your MK8s, take care of them and they will take care of you. Being ill sucks, glad your feeling better.

Ain't that the truth. I avoid that place like the plague.

I have had kidney stones before, 3 actually and they suck. My first one was at your age and yes, they are very painful. The first one I was given Morphine with the pump and the 2nd one, I was given Demerol and the 3rd one, I was given Delotted. I would have to say the Delotted worked the best but I craved that stuff for 2 days after I was out of the hospitals ER. It's a synthetic Heroin, so the doctor said. He was chewing gum and I asked him if he had a piece of gum for me lol. I had zero pain though but the reason I had these stones was because of eating grilled cheese sandwiches. Now I don't mess with cheese anymore and have been stone free since 2004. So, if you eat a lot of cheese, stay away from it because it does build up calcium deposits in the kidneys and it can be a bad day for you. My last one had me curled up in the bathroom floor and three girls had to raise me up and I thought I was going to die before I got to the ER. My whole body went numb. Stay away from cheese if at all possible. Don't ever let them give you Delotted either lol. You will want more. The Dr. said that a heroin addict would love to get what I was getting right then. I see why!! It will put you in another world.

I have had kidney stones before, 3 actually and they suck. My first one was at your age and yes, they are very painful. The first one I was given Morphine with the pump and the 2nd one, I was given Demerol and the 3rd one, I was given Delotted. I would have to say the Delotted worked the best but I craved that stuff for 2 days after I was out of the hospitals ER. It's a synthetic Heroin, so the doctor said. He was chewing gum and I asked him if he had a piece of gum for me lol. I had zero pain though but the reason I had these stones was because of eating grilled cheese sandwiches. Now I don't mess with cheese anymore and have been stone free since 2004. So, if you eat a lot of cheese, stay away from it because it does build up calcium deposits in the kidneys and it can be a bad day for you. My last one had me curled up in the bathroom floor and three girls had to raise me up and I thought I was going to die before I got to the ER. My whole body went numb. Stay away from cheese if at all possible. Don't ever let them give you Delotted either lol. You will want more. The Dr. said that a heroin addict would love to get what I was getting right then. I see why!! It will put you in another world.

Yikes! How about milk? I drink a lot of that (with coffee most of the time)

Thanks guys. Yeah. I'm making a huge change for myself. My wife & I have yet to have kids so I need to take care of myself otherwise I won't get to be a father.

Yeah man, definitely change up the diet. Cut out sodas to maybe once or twice a month, stay away from fast food, cut out gluten, cut out high sodium and preservatives. If you eat a lot of bacon, start buying the Oscar Meyer Selects bacon which have no preserv's.

Add more greens to your diet, hit the gym more often, buy some push up bars so you can do a few at the start of your day, and a few in the evenings. Drink more water.

Get with the wifey to work up new meal plans to cut out the extra grease and lessen fried foods.

I got my wisdom teeth pulled and when I went back to the doc he was like how's the pain. I said oh its horrible. Just so I could get some more hydros. I played the best football and lifted the heaviest I ever had while high on that **** for some reason.

take it one step at a time ALEX best to you. keep us posted. try and be in chat wed later . jd

Guys, trust me, for a man that's been eating what he wants when he wants it, it's VERY difficult.

Eating greens is cool with me. I'm just not a fruits kind'a guy. Other than banana's, strawberry's & kiwi's I don't think there's anything else I like. As of July 27th I've been working from home so fast food isn't an option. I haven't eaten fast food in about 5 weeks but I did eat a ton of fast food while working my last job. My problem is trying to keep my food interesting. I get bored of the SAME FOOD day after day. After a week or so I want to eat something different so I end up cheating on my diet. I have ample time to walk which is the #1 thing I need to do now. It doesn't need to be early in the morning since I'm home all day. It can actually be at whatever time I want.
I don't drink soda's all but a couple times p/month. I like to drink Gatorade, I drink about 8-12 glasses of water p/day & I do drink A LOT of milk. I switched from regular to lactaid about 2 years ago. I drink 2% fat milk but I drink about a gallon a week all by myself. That may be my issue.

My wife has been on a diet for the last 3 months so cooking healthier for me would be a lot easier on her. It's all on me. I will definitely keep everyone posted. Just FYI, I currently weigh 279lbs.

Guys, trust me, for a man that's been eating what he wants when he wants it, it's VERY difficult.

Eating greens is cool with me. I'm just not a fruits kind'a guy. Other than banana's, strawberry's & kiwi's I don't think there's anything else I like. As of July 27th I've been working from home so fast food isn't an option. I haven't eaten fast food in about 5 weeks but I did eat a ton of fast food while working my last job. My problem is trying to keep my food interesting. I get bored of the SAME FOOD day after day. After a week or so I want to eat something different so I end up cheating on my diet. I have ample time to walk which is the #1 thing I need to do now. It doesn't need to be early in the morning since I'm home all day. It can actually be at whatever time I want.
I don't drink soda's all but a couple times p/month. I like to drink Gatorade, I drink about 8-12 glasses of water p/day & I do drink A LOT of milk. I switched from regular to lactaid about 2 years ago. I drink 2% fat milk but I drink about a gallon a week all by myself. That may be my issue.

My wife has been on a diet for the last 3 months so cooking healthier for me would be a lot easier on her. It's all on me. I will definitely keep everyone posted. Just FYI, I currently weigh 279lbs.

Alex, I'd go for as much local, organic food as you can find. Milk and dairy products in moderation and balance are awesome for you. Portion sizes, healthy food and exercise are the keys. F***in polish on your damn car for four hours a day like I do, man!!!!!! :D

Not sure if you have smartphone, but if so, get a calorie counting app like MyFitnessPal or something like that. It's much easier to achieve your goals when you can actually track your progress.

BTW, Nolimit, it's dilaudid aka hydromorphone. Ask me how I know, here's what my elbow looks like as of last week:
th_IMG125.jpg

I had a kidney stone attack about a month ago and it's by far the most pain I've ever been in. Like someone hit you as hard as they could in the side of your abdomen with a baseball bat. Anyway I'd had it once before in 2001 so I knew what it was right away. I thought I could just wait it out and pass the thing, but no way. Even with some Oxycontin I had left over from a root canal a couple of weeks before, it was too much pain, so I went to the ER. They have GOOD stuff there. When it passed a day later, it was only about 3/32" in diameter.

I was told that it could have been caused by drinking too much Coke. Go figure. Apparently everything that tastes good is bad for you. Next thing you know, they'll tell me cigarettes are bad for me!

Not sure if you have smartphone, but if so, get a calorie counting app like MyFitnessPal or something like that. It's much easier to achieve your goals when you can actually track your progress.

BTW, Nolimit, it's dilaudid aka hydromorphone. Ask me how I know, here's what my elbow looks like as of last week:
th_IMG125.jpg

OMG!!! I was almost there about five years ago when my mare bucked me off. I split the socket while I was in engineering school and boy, did that suck. Doc said I'd be right where you are if I didn't take care of it. Shew!!! I got lucky. Extension on this injury is really tough and I had to work on being able to straighten my elbow for a long time afterwards lest it ruin my golf swing. :p Wow, take care of yourself and get well soon!!!

th_IMG125.jpg

What is that? Fractured elbow? I dislocated my elbow snowboarding a year and a half ago, was off work for 2 months..and it still isn't quite right..it sucks.

Members online

Back