Nice weekend, checked in at a local Hospital.

Guys, trust me, for a man that's been eating what he wants when he wants it, it's VERY difficult.

Eating greens is cool with me. I'm just not a fruits kind'a guy. Other than banana's, strawberry's & kiwi's I don't think there's anything else I like. As of July 27th I've been working from home so fast food isn't an option. I haven't eaten fast food in about 5 weeks but I did eat a ton of fast food while working my last job. My problem is trying to keep my food interesting. I get bored of the SAME FOOD day after day. After a week or so I want to eat something different so I end up cheating on my diet. I have ample time to walk which is the #1 thing I need to do now. It doesn't need to be early in the morning since I'm home all day. It can actually be at whatever time I want.
I don't drink soda's all but a couple times p/month. I like to drink Gatorade, I drink about 8-12 glasses of water p/day & I do drink A LOT of milk. I switched from regular to lactaid about 2 years ago. I drink 2% fat milk but I drink about a gallon a week all by myself. That may be my issue.

My wife has been on a diet for the last 3 months so cooking healthier for me would be a lot easier on her. It's all on me. I will definitely keep everyone posted. Just FYI, I currently weigh 279lbs.

I’ve been there man, 320lbs when I said to myself no more. Was 198lbs when I left for basic last November and hovering around 212lbs today. Hardest damn thing I have ever had to do but worth it. I just found an activity I loved and beat it to death (biking 30+ miles a day). Good luck and get well sir. A fast car is worthless without a healthy driver.

I’ve been there man, 320lbs when I said to myself no more. Was 198lbs when I left for basic last November and hovering around 212lbs today. Hardest damn thing I have ever had to do but worth it. I just found an activity I loved and beat it to death (biking 30+ miles a day). Good luck and get well sir. A fast car is worthless without a healthy driver.

Thanks dude. I like the way you talk!

Not sure if you have smartphone, but if so, get a calorie counting app like MyFitnessPal or something like that. It's much easier to achieve your goals when you can actually track your progress.

BTW, Nolimit, it's dilaudid aka hydromorphone. Ask me how I know, here's what my elbow looks like as of last week:
th_IMG125.jpg

You are dead on D, it is Delaudid and I don't want anymore of it again. Mine was given to me through the IV and the syringe was fat and full. He gave it to me twice, until empty. I really think I seen heaven.:shifty:

Walking keeps the weight off if you do enough of it daily.

What is that? Fractured elbow? I dislocated my elbow snowboarding a year and a half ago, was off work for 2 months..and it still isn't quite right..it sucks.

Yeah, the end of my elbow broke off, and the tricep kept it separated from the rest of the bone, so there's a plate and 5 screws keeping it together. I actually had to pay someone to install a trailer hitch, lame.

I had a kidney stone attack about a month ago and it's by far the most pain I've ever been in. Like someone hit you as hard as they could in the side of your abdomen with a baseball bat. Anyway I'd had it once before in 2001 so I knew what it was right away. I thought I could just wait it out and pass the thing, but no way. Even with some Oxycontin I had left over from a root canal a couple of weeks before, it was too much pain, so I went to the ER. They have GOOD stuff there. When it passed a day later, it was only about 3/32" in diameter.

I was told that it could have been caused by drinking too much Coke. Go figure. Apparently everything that tastes good is bad for you. Next thing you know, they'll tell me cigarettes are bad for me!

I can't agree with the whole coke thing. Let me explain. I drink right at 5 to 7 12oz Mountain Dews daily and I have been for years now and was when I had my last stone but I had also gotten on this short term grilled cheese liking for a week or two. I love them and two at a time almost daily for about two weeks gave me that stone. I haven't had much cheese at all since 2004 but never dropped my intake of Mountain Dews. When I go gett'em, I go gett'em in loads like this.

Photo0110.jpg

My top shelf in the fridge always looks like this.

Photo0479.jpg

I never drink water, Gatorade or anything else. Just Dews only and I have been stone free for 8 years now. I do eat pizza sometimes but never ask for extra cheese. I don't drink milk either. I make sure I lay low on the cheese for sure. I know all the Dews I drink aren't the best for my health but I'm not a drug addict or an alcoholic. I never drink beer but do have an occasional drink or two of Wild Turkey 101 and Dew to chase it. This rare though and I never get drunk.

I'm 5'11" and 200 lbs. The only place I need to lose weight is in the gut and I know the Dews is what's causing it. When I walked about 5 miles a day, the gut diminished while I still had the same amount of Dews or even more. Walking does wonders for a gut. Juss sayin, I don't see cokes leaving calcium deposits in the kidneys, especially not like cheese and milk will.

Wow. I am amazed. Sugar is a big part of weight control and of course your road to type 2 diabetes. If your body has available sugar it can depend on it for blood sugar which is where your energy comes from. If your body can get it's blood sugar needs from sugar and cheap carbs it will.

A Mountain Dew contains about a 1/4 cup of sugar. You will be entering type 2 diabetes at a young age with that load.

As you do not use your liver and kidneys to extract sugar from protein and fats you develop problems in that area. Stones being one of those problems.

After looking type 2 in the face, I used huge amounts of sugar daily in coffees, I have cut my intake to 6 cubes a day. It was hard. The first two weeks I was wandering around with no energy and depressed. As time went by I adapted and now have considerably more energy than I did when mainlining sugar. I am over sugar and although it was tough I feel no need to return to that state. My addiction is over and has no more power over me.

I'm 66 and weigh about 175 at 6' tall. I walk 2 miles as fast as I can every second day and lift weights on a 3 way split the other days. I've been at the weights for a long time. You will consume about 50 calories a day just by putting on 1 pound of muscle. Change 10 pounds from fat to muscle and you will use up 500 calories a day just to support the muscle. A sweet cycle if you will.

Good luck to everyone who tries.

You gotta be careful with Dew, nolimit...... my friend Steve got stomach ulcers because he drank soooo much of that stuff. And had to get dentures because it ate his teeth. I drink one every couple days or so since I weened myself off energy drinks. Its got just enough caffiene to keep me conscious and not crash on the way to work.... then have caffiene colon when I get to work LOL

But yeah I am in the same boat. I've gained 70lbs over 4 years since I've gotten my office job. Its soo hard to have a good diet. My job is mentally exhausting, but after a days work it makes you feel like you are physically exhausted. And all I do while sitting here all day is think of freakin food.... I was 165 and working out when I got this job... had to quit working out because I didn't have time. Went from the healthiest I've ever been to the most unhealthiest I've ever been in 4 years time. I'm 26 now... and need to get the motivation to kick my own arse into shape. I started in fall of 2010, and lost 27 pounds and got down to 199.... but then holidays hit, thanksgiving meals, halloween candy, christmas dinner and then christmas cookies.... and I fell off the wagon. Its rough!

I can't agree with the whole coke thing. Let me explain. I drink right at 5 to 7 12oz Mountain Dews daily and I have been for years now and was when I had my last stone but I had also gotten on this short term grilled cheese liking for a week or two. I love them and two at a time almost daily for about two weeks gave me that stone. I haven't had much cheese at all since 2004 but never dropped my intake of Mountain Dews. When I go gett'em, I go gett'em in loads like this.

Photo0110.jpg

My top shelf in the fridge always looks like this.

Photo0479.jpg

I never drink water, Gatorade or anything else. Just Dews only and I have been stone free for 8 years now. I do eat pizza sometimes but never ask for extra cheese. I don't drink milk either. I make sure I lay low on the cheese for sure. I know all the Dews I drink aren't the best for my health but I'm not a drug addict or an alcoholic. I never drink beer but do have an occasional drink or two of Wild Turkey 101 and Dew to chase it. This rare though and I never get drunk.

I'm 5'11" and 200 lbs. The only place I need to lose weight is in the gut and I know the Dews is what's causing it. When I walked about 5 miles a day, the gut diminished while I still had the same amount of Dews or even more. Walking does wonders for a gut. Juss sayin, I don't see cokes leaving calcium deposits in the kidneys, especially not like cheese and milk will.

Daaaaaaamn

playing doctor isn't wise my dad had a 1/4 of his stomach removed and when he was in recovere his Doctor ask if he wanted anything he said a coke . the doctor asked how many he drank and Dad said he drank at least a 6pack a day as he was welding. the nurse gave the doctor a weird look when he told her to get him a coke. most ulcers are caused by a virus. I have been drinking Pepsi for over 50 years and eating grilled chesse sandwichs for 60 plus. It depends on how your mattablisom? handles what you eat. not trying cockroaches no way. jd

Members online

No members online now.
Back