Official: Stance Coilover Thread

alzimme

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Here's the requested pictures and MSRP.
They look pretty darn good.
ls_1.gif

ls_2.gif

They are going to be listed at $1395.00.
The specs are 12k/13k and 16 way adjustable. For the weight of the car, that should be on the heavier sporty side but not harsh stiff. The simplicity of the design should allow for a wide variety of ride heights. I'm heading over tonight or tomorrow to pick mine up!
Only place that has them right now is Touge Factory.
http://tougefactory.com/shop/contact/contactus/

I'm heading over tonight or tomorrow to pick mine up!

What's your ETA for putting them in and maybe giving some feedback? Definitely interested to know how they feel over the stock Sport shocks.

Probably be ordering mine later in the week. Just in time cause I was starting to get real itchy on some H&R Springs.

SICK!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get mine

It must be nice to be rich like you guys! Seriously tho...those look very nice and high quality. I can't wait to hear some feedback on these. Now....where did I put that 1400 bucks I had the other day?

+1

Looks like I'll have to empty out my garage to pay for these or just make grilles :D

It must be nice to be rich like you guys! Seriously tho...those look very nice and high quality. I can't wait to hear some feedback on these. Now....where did I put that 1400 bucks I had the other day?

Rent? Insurance? Utilities? I'm sure it was misplaced in those :)

LOL

It's all good man, if you actually end up doing the STR suspension upgrade then you'll have the better set-up anyways :)

I thought the price was going to come down some since they have been stripped of some of their normal GR+ features

nice! Time to save! Between these, brakes, Alax's grille, and my exhaust I'm going to be broke for a LONG time :D

my only question or concern is, why would I buy these as I, and most others, will not be tracking our cars on the daily, 1300 to lower is a bit steep.

They are bad ass and I would kill to have them but at 1300, why not go with eibachs, or stalone selling his intrax springs. I do realize they are going to handle better than new springs alone, but only if you upgrade other suspension items as well.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, I just have my concerns as do others I am sure.

I love that some companies are getting into this car and aftermarket (finally)

my only question or concern is, why would I buy these as I, and most others, will not be tracking our cars on the daily, 1300 to lower is a bit steep.

They are bad ass and I would kill to have them but at 1300, why not go with eibachs, or stainer selling his intrax springs. I do realize they are going to handle better than new springs alone, but only if you upgrade other suspension items as well.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, i just have my concerns as do others i am sure.

I love that some companies are getting into this car and aftermarket (finally)

I understand this statement. For Eibachs and new struts you're looking at about half the price. The Jag suspension upgrade is getting closer to 1400 but still a ways away. If someone has the cash then go for it. For myself, I have many other things I would like to do first but I am VERY excited to see some others pull the trigger on these!

Car is several hours away and work is crazy right now. Not sure how long it will be before I can get out to test them.
As for the concerns over the price, that's MSRP. Can you get them cheap; I'm not sure, is that a flexible price; No idea. Call Touge Factory, chit chat about them, see if they make sense. For what I'm building and doing, they are needed. If you're looking for height and dampening adjust-ability then you need these coilovers. You not only get those benefits, but also the performance aspect for when its needed.
You asked, I fought for them, buy them :).

Car is several hours away and work is crazy right now. Not sure how long it will be before I can get out to test them.
As for the concerns over the price, that's MSRP. Can you get them cheap; I'm not sure, is that a flexible price; No idea. Call Touge Factory, chit chat about them, see if they make sense. For what I'm building and doing, they are needed. If you're looking for height and dampening adjust-ability then you need these coilovers. You not only get those benefits, but also the performance aspect for when its needed.
You asked, I fought for them, buy them :).

I understand, and thank you for your work, but damn, that's a lot of money for what most want them for.

Is there any plan to offer other options, with them having the top hat dimension and lower mount dimension as well as spring rate it should be simple to translate that to other shocks in different price ranges. If they can't do that, then they have goofy production.

As awesome as it is to have them, I think the price point will drive many away, as most here will tell you, why put that money into a 6-12 year old car. I tend to disagree with that as there are folks dropping 10's of thousands into cars decades older than ours.

I'm not selling these, Touge is. I am getting them, and they are the cheapest coilovers I've purchased in 5 sets. This is also the newest car for which I'll be purchasing coilovers. In my head shock and spring was never an option, but that is because of my application.

As awesome as it is to have them, I think the price point will drive many away, as most here will tell you, why put that money into a 6-12 year old car.

Never build a car thinking about the money you spent. That's just depressing. You never get back what you put into any car. For instance, buy a new car for $50K, sell it for $25K 4 years later.

It's just best not to think of it too much :)

$1400 is a real investment to make, but, it is not outlandish considering some setups out on the market for other vehicles. I once had a Spax setup on a 98 Jetta GLX I owned. Cost me $1100 in 1998. My friends thought I was crazy at the time but I had the money so I bought it. I did thoroughly enjoy the flexibility of fully adjustable coilovers.

The cost may be prohibitive for some. But then again, for some, maybe not.

Never build a car thinking about the money you spent. That's just depressing. You never get back what you put into any car. For instance, buy a new car for $50K, sell it for $25K 4 years later.

It's just best not to think of it too much :)

Oh I by far agree, I was poking more at a lot of members here will look at eibachs as the goal for most is appearance not performance is all I am saying

+1
Every day I wait to hear about that long lost billionaire relative that willed my all their money so I can afford fun stuff like this, but it never happens :(

+1
Every day I wait to hear about that long lost billionaire relative that willed my all their money so I can afford fun stuff like this, but it never happens :(

That makes me feel good that I'm not the only one :)

Al....please post some pics of your installation. It would be nice to hear of any, if at all, obstacles you run into. And then of course how your car handles with them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back