LED Angel eyes Install- A lot of PICS

Connected the brown ground wire to the black/blue wire and connected the white wire with the orange/blue wire. The reason it wasn't working before is because there was some dust or something stuck on one of the little plugs that connects the angel eyes to the box. Sensitive little things I guess. Thanks Alex and Spence for the help. I will post up some pics in my build thread tomorrow.

When the turn signal is on they kind of have a faint blink to them, but they do constantly stay lit. They don't blink crazily like they were to begin with so I'm not worried about it.

@Ben's LS Finally I finished my installation of the angel eyes on my Gen1. I wired the angel eyes with a switch button and put the switch inside the car. I will post pics about my installation. It was PITA to ran a wire inside but it's worth it after it was done :)

@Ben's LS Finally I finished my installation of the angel eyes on my Gen1. I wired the angel eyes with a switch button and put the switch inside the car. I will post pics about my installation. It was PITA to ran a wire inside but it's worth it after it was done :)

Make sure you post pics! I should hopefully have some up later tonight if it isn't raining all day.

Make sure you post pics! I should hopefully have some up later tonight if it isn't raining all day.

check this thread I made http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?p=2037197021#post2037197021 for GEN1's set up.

Nice glad you got em to work!

Thanks Sooopa009 :)

Thanks Alax7 for the Clear corners. Now just waiting on the clear parking lights :)

IMAG0960.jpg

Thanks Alax and the rest of LVC for providing input on the install. My lights are sitting pretty indoors sealed up for the most part. I have a question before I cut it back apart to reseal.

I sealed them around noon last Sunday using this butyl rubber caulk and let them sit outside the same night. The next day after work I came back hoping there would be no condensation in there. There was, and they've been sitting inside ever since until I get the time to split 'em open. The condensation is no longer in the lights, I'm assuming it evaporated out.

Does this sound right or is it not supposed to do this at all? Part of me want's to believe it was a by-product of the rubber still curing. I'm thinking about doing it anyway and getting the same silicone that Alax posted in his write-up then using up the rest of my plasti-dip to cover up all its nastiness. This caulk is some nasty sh!t. I'll have to look a little harder/longer for the right stuff this time around.

Thanks guys.

I used black rtv head gasket silicone from pepboys/autozone on the rest of the headlights I did, it worked great.

Thanks. Will take a look tomorrow. I saw butyl rubber in a tube and thought, hell I'll give that a shot, never again. Near flawless install until then.

jmtiseo, I had a small pin hole in my sealant for about 2 weeks, I ended up removing the effected housing and dipping it the bathtub and put the hair dryer in the light bulb hole until I saw each pin hole. I then dried the light with the heat setting and resealed and heated some more to ensure no more moisture. I have been moisture free now almost one year. and black RTV was my sealant.

anybody thought of connecting them to the fog lights, has it been done, would it work?

Someone probably has. Imo it makes more sense to run them to a seperate switch, or to the parking lights. that way you wont have to always have the fogs on for the eys to be on (example: one fog bulb blows out but you want the eyes on. You dont want to be 'that guy' driving with some nice angel eyes and only one fog bulb working lol)

And if you wire them to the fogs, they will turn off when you turn on the high beams and flash on and off when flashing the highs.

they look great makes the car look like a newer yr, BMW like (kinda) wither was they look perfect!!!

have had them for about a month... can't help but getting close :) thanks for the vid and write up alax helped alot

2012-09-05_07-55-32_705.jpg

the only way to do this is to cut open the headlight? you cant open it up by unscrewing it?

With a 2nd Gen yes. Some first gen's can be baked and then pry'd open depending on which sealant you have

what are the screws for? if you gotta break it open

They hold the two halves together in addition to the sealant. Just removing them will do nothing you need to break the seal first

Members online

Back