LED Angel eyes Install- A lot of PICS

Subject: 2000 LS V8

Gen 2 headlights with umnitza rings.

question? when you guys power up the rings before actually installing them on to the car, Which side is negative? Positive? (brown&white) that come off of the little ballast.

I was also wondering if I could run the two wires from the ballast to the parking lights (side markers) that are no longer being used with the 06 bumper?

Any help would be greatlly appreciated, Thanks in advance!!

Hey guys, I have a Gen 1 2000 Lincoln LS. I have the CCFL angel eyes installed. They are wired with ballasts to the parking lights. I was thinking about upgrading to the Orion V2 LED angel eyes, but for some reason I either missed or did not find the exact wiring instructions for the LED's. I read in the forum that the LED angel eyes do not need these ballasts/inverter's to be wired with them.

What are the wiring instructions for my 2000? I do not want them to blink while the hazards are on because they do not blink now when my parking lights are on. Thank you

Hey guys, I have a Gen 1 2000 Lincoln LS. I have the CCFL angel eyes installed. They are wired with ballasts to the parking lights. I was thinking about upgrading to the Orion V2 LED angel eyes, but for some reason I either missed or did not find the exact wiring instructions for the LED's. I read in the forum that the LED angel eyes do not need these ballasts/inverter's to be wired with them.

What are the wiring instructions for my 2000? I do not want them to blink while the hazards are on because they do not blink now when my parking lights are on. Thank you

Im pretty sure it still needs the little ballast to work, does not matter from gen 1 to gen 2, When I converted my 2000 with v2 led it came with the ballast for each set.

Manoli, did you have CCFL before? If not did you follow the wiring instructions from LSKONCEPTS for the angel eyes.

I don't know, I just checked some of the Orion V2 kits on ebay and there is no mention of the inverter/ballasts. Can someone else chime in for a Gen 1 LS converting to LED angel eyes. Do I need ballasts or what are the wiring instructions?ty

It's not really a ballast. I think a ballast is suppose to convert 12v to +20000 V and such like HID's need to start up.

These little boxes probably reduce the amps going to the rings, or control the volts or amps. The led's need very little to power them so they dont need an actual ballast, but you do need these little boxes to wire to your car.

If you dont want them to blink with your parking lights, you can wire them to your parking light wires to have the switch be the light switch inside your car, BUT you also have to install LED turn bulbs to get the angel eyes not to flash. If you wire the rings to the parking lights and keep regular filament bulbs in there, the rings WILL flash with your parking lights/turb bulbs.

If you dont want to install LED turn bulbs, then just find another power source to wire the rings to or wire it to a switch inside the cabin. Like G-Rell did, I think it was.

Mine run of parking lamps... (i hate switches). but i have the old (original) CCFL kit from LSK...

I think it was the guy who installed them upside down (and made the sad LS)

....but anyways... that a good price? is it the same kit everyone else has gotten lately?

Having them come on with puddle lights would be ideal - but Alax tried it and it seemed to be a real PITA.

we seem to have some new electronic wizards join up recently... maybe they can take a crack at it...I'd love to see that

we seem to have some new electronic wizards join up recently... maybe they can take a crack at it...I'd love to see that

Maybe they can solve the tone I get the first time through 3K RPM.

I never did finish that. I messed with a ground accidently and that make my horn and lights work half the time. I thought it was the wiring I was doing so I took it all off but I found it was just a loosed ground bolt, silly me.

Doesn't seem so bad now that I think back to it

I am wiring mine up to the ignition and also having a master switch to turn them off but would love if I could wire them to turn on when I unlock the car. Just like how the interior dome light comes on when unlocking the car.

Gen1

yep would need power from there but then switch power source once ignition was on... seems pretty straight forward... a couple relays should do it (and someone smart enough of course)

Off topic, but since you mentioned a loosened ground bolt, that's the reason my car overheated while waiting for a milkshake about a year ago. Loose ground bolt, fan wouldn't turn on, so I'm told.

Members online

Back