LED Angel eyes Install- A lot of PICS

K I'll try when I get a chance to run to radio shack. Which wire gets the series resistor in this instance?

The black/blue on the turn bulb harness. Try it with the 100ohm 10w resitor, if it works, but dims the light too much, you can go lower but get higer wattage. You might need to get one of those resistors from the led stores online, like the 25ohm 25w resistors or something like that

i tried all combos i could from the 3ohm v-led resistors to the 100ohm 10watt, series, parallel, both lol. ive pretty much given up. if ur up for the challenge i have a set of bulbs that i could send you to try. let me know cuz id like to get what i paid for but if not thats cool too. interesting note; when i put in the regular chrome bulb i still couldnt get them to blink with the signals. this whole thing is mind bottling lol...

The rings wouldn't blink with the filament bulbs either? You did wire white with black/white and brown with black/blue on the headlight turn bulb harness, not the cars harness right?

If you want me to figure it out sooner than later, you can just ship me those extra LED bulbs and I'll pay to ship them back to you once I'm done. If you want to, then pm me and I'll give you my address.

Never mind, I just order some led turn bulbs. I'll work on that next week.

i did white to black/white and brown to black/blue on the harness that can be fully removed from the headlight with the bulb intact.

They should blink with the turn bulbs if they are filament bulbs then. So even with filament bullbs they did not work?

nope. they dimmed slightly when the signal came on but thats it. also please check my reply in the front turn signals post because i did the brake lights and the error message is still there.

On Gen I lights do you cut off the tabs in the back of the halos? And do you cut the plastic piece holding both sides of the halo together? I'm sort of test fitting them into an old light of mine and I can't seem to get them to fit properly. I would like to mount them to the black bezel.

On Gen I lights do you cut off the tabs in the back of the halos? And do you cut the plastic piece holding both sides of the halo together? I'm sort of test fitting them into an old light of mine and I can't seem to get them to fit properly. I would like to mount them to the black bezel.

I dont know what is done to gen1 rings. From the pics though, it seems like the gen1 rings dont fit as good to the bezel as gen2s. It looks like the bezel is flat on the bottom and the reflectors aren't full circles on the bottom, affecting how the circular ring fits on it.

Thanks Alex. I pm'd Soopa to see if he has any pointers.

Keep me updated also due to I am going to install my angel eyes version 2, for my Gen 1 lights, this coming thursday. Thanks.

He said to cut the tabs off the back, but he has never cut the part connecting the rings to make them full circles. I just cut the tabs off of mine so I'm gonna try to install them soon. I will post pics in my build thread.

He said to cut the tabs off the back, but he has never cut the part connecting the rings to make them full circles. I just cut the tabs off of mine so I'm gonna try to install them soon. I will post pics in my build thread.

Kool Thank u very much, I will do this by Thursday.

Hi Alax I have my angel eyes in and iv been doing a lot of research on this whole wireing setup now I know you wire them to blink with the turn signal But say I just wanted the angel eyes to be on with the parking lights and I just wanted the amber bulb to go on when I signaled how do I make this happen? I noticed with Bullschmidts car just his angel eyes were on with the parking lights I tried almost every way I could think of wireing these up 2 work like this I can not get it too work the way I want any help or info would be much appreciated without ur pics and instruction I would have never been able to do this awesome mod so I thank you!

Get some LED turn bulbs and wire the angel eyes the same way Alax7 shows. The angel eyes will turn on as the running lights, the turn bulb will stay off. When you signal the angel eyes will stay on and the turn bulb will blink.

Forgot to take a pic of which wires to use. Here it is

003-6.jpg

I wired mine exactly as they are in this picture, but when I have the angel eyes on and try to use my turn signal they kinda blink oddly opposite of the turn signal. Anybody have any suggestions? I am fiddling with them right now. They work fine without the turn signal on.

The directions on lskoncepts say to wire one to the orange/blue and one to the black/blue wire. Gonna try that next.

Not all things are interchangeable from gen1 to gen2 so the wiring might be different.

Not all things are interchangeable from gen1 to gen2 so the wiring might be different.

True. I kinda forgot for a minute I was looking at the wiring from your car, which is a Gen II. Thanks Alex. Clear turns look sick by the way.

Ok I tired every single wiring possiblity with the three wires on the turn bulb and the only 2 ways that work are: white to orange/blue, brown to blue/black & white to black/white, brown to blue/black. Those combinations cause the angel eyes to blink oddly with the turn signal though and the car says to check the turn signal. I don't understand why I am making this so hard. Nothing is working for me. HELP from anyone with a gen 1!!!

Members online

Back