You never hear Republicans say stuff like this

fossten

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
DEMS BURN A 'KIDLESS' RICE

By GEOFF EARLE

January 12, 2007 -- WASHINGTON - Condoleezza Rice came under a shocking Democratic attack yesterday - as a childless woman who can’t understand the sacrifices made by families of U.S. troops in Iraq. In a bitter personal assault on the secretary of state during her appearance before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, anti-war Sen. Barbara Boxer fumed that Rice didn't comprehend the "price" of the war.

"You're not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with an immediate family," Boxer (D- Calif.) ranted.

"Who pays the price?" she repeatedly demanded during Rice's Capitol Hill grilling.

"I'm not going to pay a personal price. My kids are too old, and my grandchild is too young . . . So who pays the price? Not me, not you."

Boxer continued:

"You can't begin to imagine how you celebrate any holiday or birthday. There's an absence. It's not like the person's never been there. They always were there, and now they're not, and you're looking at an empty hole."

The unflappable Rice responded at the packed hearing that she well understood the sacrifice of service members and families.

"I visit them. I know what they're going through," said Rice, who has never been married and has no children.

"I talk to their families. I see it. I could never and I can never do anything to replace any of those lost men and women in uniform, or the diplomats, some of whom . . ."

At that point, Boxer cut her off.

"Madam Secretary, please," Boxer said. "I know you feel terrible about it. That's not the point. I was making the case as to who pays the price for your decisions."

Boxer's over-the-top broadside stunned lawmakers and congressional aides.

"We were all just shocked. It was pretty sickening," one GOP staffer said. "I guarantee there were Democrats in there thinking, 'Shut the f- - - up. Just shut up. Stop going overboard.' "

The staffer added, "Boxer came off like a bad drama actor at a high-school play."

The emotional showdown between two of the most prominent women in U.S. public office came during a tense hearing at which presidential aspirants denounced Bush's new Iraq policy. [snip]

Gee, what a nice lady. This is your enlyghtened, tolerant, left-wing government, folks. Real classy. Mean-spirited to the core. Think about what level of hate it takes to take a personal shot like that in public. And these guys are in charge for at least the next two years.

Get used to it. The hate is frothing from their mouths.

I wish Bush and Cheney would resign and just dump this in the laps of the Dems. Make Nancy President. Put them in charge. Let them pull out of Iraq. Let's take a few nuke hits. Destroy our economy. Destroy our way of life. Surrender. Get it over with.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of seeing all the ranting and raving. Guys like Feingold and Kennedy and the rest of the gang. The media has beat us into the point of submission, might as well surrender now to the towel heads. Allah Akbar. Praise be to Allah.

With the spinless a-holes we call Democrats, we have already lost this war. We have already lost our way of life. It is just a matter of time until all of us realize it.

MonsterMark said:
Get used to it. The hate is frothing from their mouths.

I wish Bush and Cheney would resign and just dump this in the laps of the Dems. Make Nancy President. Put them in charge. Let them pull out of Iraq. Let's take a few nuke hits. Destroy our economy. Destroy our way of life. Surrender. Get it over with.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of seeing all the ranting and raving. Guys like Feingold and Kennedy and the rest of the gang. The media has beat us into the point of submission, might as well surrender now to the towel heads. Allah Akbar. Praise be to Allah.

With the spinless a-holes we call Democrats, we have already lost this war. We have already lost our way of life. It is just a matter of time until all of us realize it.

It's time to purchase that mountain property in Montana. Buy a few dozen high-powered rifles and stock up on ten years' worth of canned food and ammo, build a cabin with barbed wire fences, set some traps, and sit back and watch the country collapse, Allah be praised.

fossten said:
It's time to purchase that mountain property in Montana. Buy a few dozen high-powered rifles and stock up on ten years' worth of canned food and ammo, build a cabin with barbed wire fences, set some traps, and sit back and watch the country collapse, Allah be praised.
Way ahead of you. Except my cabin is in northern Wisconsin.;) I even converted an underground fuel oil tank to hold several hundred gallons of gas. Make sure you stock up on the canned goods. You'll need at least a 2-3 month supply to outlive the initial panic and starvation that is inevitable.

Here's the best place to get your potassium iodide tablets, masks and geiger counters.

http://www.ki4u.com/

I'm all set and ready to go. Just need to finish up the cave door located on the back of the property. It's not super comfy but it will do in a pinch. Recycling the air is a bit of a problem yet.

fossten said:
Buy a few dozen high-powered rifles ... Allah be praised.

I only have one NoslerCustom but I have been target practicing the last 2 years. Not a marksman by any means but I'd take my chances at anything under 400 yards.:D

nosler5.jpg

MonsterMark said:
I only have one NoslerCustom but I have been target practicing the last 2 years. Not a marksman by any means but I'd take my chances at anything under 400 yards.:D

We need to talk seriously once I get my property up north.

fossten said:
We need to talk seriously once I get my property up north.

I will admit I am much more of a shotgun guy myself. Been hunting ducks, geese and pheasant most of my life. Best shot I ever made was dropping a 10 pound goose on my friend who promptly hit the turf. There were 4 sounds. The shotgun blast. The goose exhaling as it made impact. My friend exhaling as he received the blow. The sound of his body hitting the deck. He never saw it coming. What speed does a 10 pound free-falling goose travel at? I don't know but it will take you out, that's for sure.

Picked up the rifle thing a few years back when a brother of mine bought a tract of land inhabited by deer and we've been trying to route them out ever since.:)

Update

Reprinted from NewsMax.com

Friday, Jan. 12, 2007 5:09 p.m. EST

White House, Rice Hit Back at Boxer

White House spokesman Tony Snow and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice have fired back at Sen. Barbara Boxer over the California Democrat’s comments about Rice’s family life.

When Rice appeared before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Thursday to discuss U.S. policy in Iraq, Boxer noted that Rice has no children of her own to lose overseas.

"Who pays the price?” for the war, Boxer demanded. "You’re not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with an immediate family. So who pays the price? The American military and their families.”

Rice commented on the exchange during an interview Friday with Fox News Channel's Jim Angle.

"I guess that means I don't have kids. Was that the purpose of that?" Rice said. "Well, at the time I just found it a bit confusing frankly. But in retrospect, gee, I thought single women had come further than that. That the only question is are you making good decisions because you have kids?"

Earlier Friday, Snow responded to Boxer’s remarks.

"I don’t know if she was intentionally tacky, but I do think it’s outrageous. Here you have a professional woman, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and Barbara Boxer is sort of throwing little jabs because Condi doesn’t have children, as if that means that she doesn’t understand the concerns of parents,” he told FOX News Talk. "Great leap backward for feminism.”

A spokeswoman for the Family Research Council, Charmaine Yoest, also took issue with Boxer’s comments.

"I think it’s offensive to the millions of Americans who don’t have a direct relative serving overseas to suggest that somehow they’re not connected to the men and women in our military who are putting their lives on the line,” she said.

Boxer, in a statement provided to Fox News, stood by her original comments:

"I spoke the truth at the committee hearing, which is that neither Secretary Rice nor I have family members that will pay the price for this escalation. My point was to focus attention on our military families who continue to sacrifice because this [Bush] administration has not developed a political solution to the situation in Iraq."

fossten said:

Sounds like you'd be right at home w/ the KKK types. Don't forget your copy of the Kloran.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
Sounds like you'd be right at home w/ the KKK types. Don't forget your copy of the Kloran.

The "KLORAN"? Is that like bleach or something? LOL I was going to point out that your only skill is driveby personal attacks, but you're so bad at it it's actually humorous.

JohnnyBz00LS said:

The Kloran is a reference to a "holy-book" used by members of the Klu-Klux-Klan.
http://digital.lib.msu.edu/collections/index.cfm?TitleID=135

That comment is completely out of line. On what basis do you claim that he has any connection or association with the k.k.k. I defy you to prove any evidence of even an ideological similarity between he and the organization.

That was a disgusting, distasteful, racist, and completely inappropriate insult, Johnny. Unless you can defend and support it with quotes, you owe EVERYONE an apology for that outrageous and dishonest statement.

Calabrio said:
The Kloran is a reference to a "holy-book" used by members of the Klu-Klux-Klan.
http://digital.lib.msu.edu/collections/index.cfm?TitleID=135

That comment is completely out of line. On what basis do you claim that he has any connection or association with the k.k.k. I defy you to prove any evidence of even an ideological similarity between he and the organization.

That was a disgusting, distasteful, racist, and completely inappropriate insult, Johnny. Unless you can defend and support it with quotes, you owe EVERYONE an apology for that outrageous and dishonest statement.

Oh gee, where do I start? He wishes to oppress other's freedom of religion. He advocates wiping out entire coutries of innocent people because they are ruled by a dictator. He'd like to isolate himself out of fear of those he hates. He uses fear to justify his hate. He uses intimidation in an attempt to supress the freedom of others. He advocates the denial of equal rights based on other's political beliefs, religion beliefs or sexual orientation. He deomonstrates hypocracy by waving the flag while at the same time advocating the undermining of the foundation of this great country. I could go on, but I'm not going to waste my valuable time to search out the thousands of posts of his that contain this type of vomit. The similarities are so astounding I can't belive you can't see it. You are either not paying attention to his posts or are equally in denial of these facts. Given that I've never seen YOU jump down HIS throat when he makes equally "disgusting, distasteful, racist, and completely inappropriate insults" to others here on this board, I suspect the latter. I own nobody an apology for simply making an observation.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
Oh gee, where do I start? He wishes to oppress other's freedom of religion. He advocates wiping out entire coutries of innocent people because they are ruled by a dictator. He'd like to isolate himself out of fear of those he hates. He uses fear to justify his hate. He uses intimidation in an attempt to supress the freedom of others. He advocates the denial of equal rights based on other's political beliefs, religion beliefs or sexual orientation. He deomonstrates hypocracy by waving the flag while at the same time advocating the undermining of the foundation of this great country. I could go on, but I'm not going to waste my valuable time to search out the thousands of posts of his that contain this type of vomit. The similarities are so astounding I can't belive you can't see it. You are either not paying attention to his posts or are equally in denial of these facts. Given that I've never seen YOU jump down HIS throat when he makes equally "disgusting, distasteful, racist, and completely inappropriate insults" to others here on this board, I suspect the latter. I own nobody an apology for simply making an observation.

Bak. Derk-derk-allah, Mohammed jihad. Baka, sherpa-sherpa. Abaka-la. Allahu Ahmadinejohnny.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
Oh gee, where do I start? He wishes to oppress other's freedom of religion. He advocates wiping out entire coutries of innocent people because they are ruled by a dictator.
I don't want to speak for him, but I don't see him interested in doing either. But, neither of them have anything to do with the Klan.

He'd like to isolate himself out of fear of those he hates.
Now I won't argue this one... that survivalist thread was a bit strange in my eyes too. But, again, what does this have to do with the klan- and the stigma we rightfully associate with that group?

He uses fear to justify his hate. He uses intimidation in an attempt to supress the freedom of others.
By saying "dirka-dirka?" Again- is that a clan tactic?

He advocates the denial of equal rights based on other's political beliefs, religion beliefs or sexual orientation.
I have not see this.

He deomonstrates hypocracy by waving the flag while at the same time advocating the undermining of the foundation of this great country.
And I don't agree with this claim either.

I could go on, but I'm not going to waste my valuable time to search out the thousands of posts of his that contain this type of vomit. The similarities are so astounding I can't belive you can't see it.
I recognize that you do not agree with him. And he may have a belligerent tone. However, I do not see anything related to Klan-type behavior.

And you're referencing such a powerful image to insult him is distasteful and irresponsible. It also marginalizes and trivializes legitimate cries of racism or persecution by groups that share the mindset of the Klan.

You are either not paying attention to his posts or are equally in denial of these facts.
Or I understand both what Fossten posts, what the Klan is supposed to represent and the irresponsibility of trivializing it. It would appear that you don't.

Given that I've never seen YOU jump down HIS throat when he makes equally "disgusting, distasteful, racist, and completely inappropriate insults" to others here on this board, I suspect the latter. I own nobody an apology for simply making an observation.
Actually, Fossten and I haven't unanimously agreed on all things, and there are threads where the manner in which he relates to others has been the issue.

You say that he makes comments that are "equally disgusting, distasteful, racists, and completely inappropriate"- so are you acknowledging that your statement was all of those things?

You're free to make any observation you wish, but that one was particularly disgusting. Or would it be appropriate to say that you're an active member of Hezbollah if someone else disagrees with you?

ok ok heres my 1 penny and a booger about Ms Rice and this is coming from a black man not that i am using that as a token BUT!!!! i really dont care as to what she says cause shes a liar as well. and she's really doesnt care. Off the war note and onto the Hurricane issue, When she heard of the disaster that took place in New Orleans and other places she was shopping CLOTHES shopping. did she stop what she was doing to go do her job and see how she could be of any assistance HELLS NO!!!!. they had her ass on public news making BS comments about it as she was seen coming out of a VERY EXPENSIVE clothing store. She was hired to do a job and half stepped or shall i say NO STEPPED to do it.

Damn i said more than a penny and a booger lol...

StincolnLincoln said:
ok ok heres my 1 penny and a booger about Ms Rice and this is coming from a black man not that i am using that as a token BUT!!!! i really dont care as to what she says cause shes a liar as well. and she's really doesnt care. Off the war note and onto the Hurricane issue, When she heard of the disaster that took place in New Orleans and other places she was shopping CLOTHES shopping. did she stop what she was doing to go do her job and see how she could be of any assistance HELLS NO!!!!. they had her ass on public news making BS comments about it as she was seen coming out of a VERY EXPENSIVE clothing store. She was hired to do a job and half stepped or shall i say NO STEPPED to do it.

As Secretary of State, in other words the head of the State Department, her concern is foreign relations. Rice's job doesn't encompass localized catastrophic events. In fact, this article details how Rice was being criticized for not being qualified to make decisions regarding FOREIGN POLICY. Your comparison is not relevant. Furthermore, the departments most responsible for handling the Katrina disaster, in order, should be the people (who failed to take care of themselves), the Mayor (who failed), the Governor (who failed), and FEMA (which failed). Bush took responsibility because he's compassionate.

By the way, Bill Clinton NEVER visited the World Trade Center after the 1993 bombings. What do you say to that?

StincolnLincoln said:
ok ok heres my 1 penny and a booger about Ms Rice and this is coming from a black man not that i am using that as a token BUT!!!! i really dont care as to what she says cause shes a liar as well. and she's really doesnt care.
Why did you feel the need to interject race into this? You have some special right to provide uninformed and foolish insight because of your race?

Off the war note and onto the Hurricane issue, When she heard of the disaster that took place in New Orleans and other places she was shopping CLOTHES shopping.
What the hell does the Secretary of State have to do with natural disasters?

did she stop what she was doing to go do her job and see how she could be of any assistance HELLS NO!!!!.
What did you want her to do? Arrange a conference with foreign leaders?

they had her ass on public news making BS comments about it as she was seen coming out of a VERY EXPENSIVE clothing store. She was hired to do a job and half stepped or shall i say NO STEPPED to do it.
Interesting- you're indicting the woman who had NOTHING to do with the hurricane, while ignoring the people directly responsible - namely the MAYOR of New Orleans!

Even for a penny, I'd feel ripped off after getting that post.

In a word average citizens helped out before she did. So her concerns are and should her country 1st when something happens on the home land first and foremost. And like u said foreign yeah she doesnt even do a good job at that. so there you have it if your american blood when disasters hits home and you are in a position of power you should use that to help out YOUR AMERICAN PEOPLE. i dont care what you political stand is or even your position becuase i bet if her ass was one of the people stranded for 5 days she would be saying the same thing i am saying right now.

And as far as your statement about BUSH i laugh at that because you really dont know the half about what he DIDNT do. he took the heavy WWAAYYYYYYY After the fact.. aslo as far as your statement if u were in thet situation i am sure all teh statements you made about the people not taking care of themselves would be very much silenced..

And who cares what clintin did back then i am talking about now and if he didnt then hes an A WHOLE ADS WELL. plus these are only my views i see people disecting every line i say wow you have alot of time on ur hands.Calabrio lmao
and if itw asnt worth a booger why read it fossten.
One last thing i just noticed lol... i didnt enter a race note as a right i did it to be funny so if it bothered you oh well damn this a msg board its just for peoples views jesus you put stuff up people repond lol.. get a grip unless your running for office ease up it a damn blog

fossten said:
As Secretary of State, in other words the head of the State Department, her concern is foreign relations. Rice's job doesn't encompass localized catastrophic events. In fact, this article details how Rice was being criticized for not being qualified to make decisions regarding FOREIGN POLICY. Your comparison is not relevant. Furthermore, the departments most responsible for handling the Katrina disaster, in order, should be the people (who failed to take care of themselves), the Mayor (who failed), the Governor (who failed), and FEMA (which failed). Bush took responsibility because he's compassionate.

By the way, Bill Clinton NEVER visited the World Trade Center after the 1993 bombings. What do you say to that?

I find it interesting that the left continually complains about the lack of diversity in government, and then when a black woman is appointed Secretary of State, or a black man is appointed Supreme Court Justice, or a hispanic man is appointed Attorney General, or a black man runs for Senator of Maryland, they bash them for their political views. I guess the civil rights movement isn't really about diversity of race after all, is it? It's really about removing conservatives and promoting liberalism.

WOW real politcal people lol.. didnt know they exist on LVC. Not a matter of race its a matter of doing whats right.

StincolnLincoln said:
WOW real politcal people lol.. didnt know they exist on LVC. Not a matter of race its a matter of doing whats right.
:confused: Please decipher your comment for my benefit. I have no idea what you meant by the previous 2 sentences. Thanks.

StincolnLincoln said:
In a word average citizens helped out before she did.
What exactly did you want the Secretary of State to do? Are you equally as offended that the Secretary of Education didn't fly to New Orleans also? Perhaps the Chairman of the Federal Reserve should have hopped a flight too?

So her concerns are and should her country 1st when something happens on the home land first and foremost. And like u said foreign yeah she doesnt even do a good job at that.
That statement is false, she's been an effective Secretary of State. Do you have examples to support your claim?

so there you have it if your american blood when disasters hits home and you are in a position of power you should use that to help out YOUR AMERICAN PEOPLE.
Care to provide examples of what the hell you are talking about? Should she have mobilized a group of ambassadors to tour the area? Should she have arranged for a world submit to address the problems associated with urban areas with crappy mayors and corrupt elected officials?

i dont care what you political stand is or even your position becuase i bet if her ass was one of the people stranded for 5 days she would be saying the same thing i am saying right now.
No, she probably would have evacuated, if not before the hurricane, at least the day before the levees broke.

You're laying blame in all the wrong places. Why not just blame the Secretary of the Treasury for your problems. If you want to blame anyone for the mismanagement regarding the hurricane, look a little closer to home, start with the mayor and work your way up to the Senator.

And try reading this:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/earth/2315076.html

It's a Popular Science article titled "Debunking the Myths of Hurricane Katrina." I'm sure you'll learn something new by reading it.

And as far as your statement about BUSH i laugh at that because you really dont know the half about what he DIDNT do. he took the heavy WWAAYYYYYYY After the fact.. aslo as far as your statement if u were in thet situation i am sure all teh statements you made about the people not taking care of themselves would be very much silenced..
Read the article I linked to above.

And who cares what clintin did back then i am talking about now and if he didnt then hes an A WHOLE ADS WELL. plus these are only my views i see people disecting every line i say wow you have alot of time on ur hands.Calabrio lmao
You must be very busy, so busy that you're comfortable disregarding all rules of grammer and spelling. Communication clearly isn't a priority of yours.

But if you think responding to your thoughtless post is time consuming, you must be a slow thinker.

and if itw asnt worth a booger why read it fossten.
Because it's a message board. Often you don't know if a post is going to be crap until after you've read it.

One last thing i just noticed lol... i didnt enter a race note as a right i did it to be funny so if it bothered you oh well damn this a msg board its just for peoples views jesus you put stuff up people repond lol.. get a grip unless your running for office ease up it a damn blog
So, did the hurricane cause you to miss English class?

Members online

No members online now.
Back