Yellow tinted Gen1 HID housings?

I'm wondering if he sprayed something on the housing to take the pictures. A silicone spray or.something?

Could have hidden the yellowing I suppose?

Mike

In the pictures that the seller sent you, NoLimit says that the passenger side looks dirty/yellowed but since he has the amber turn signal installed in only the RH side housing it gives it a yellow/orangish look. The LH side housing has no bulb in it. What I am saying is that the seller's pictures show the lamps to be in pretty identical condition, that amber bulb just gives it a yellowish tint. I think he screwed with you, I would definitely go after him.

+1 It doesn't matter if intentional or not, You were screwed, go get him. If you think you can fix it you could settle for a partial refund.

In the pictures that the seller sent you, NoLimit says that the passenger side looks dirty/yellowed but since he has the amber turn signal installed in only the RH side housing it gives it a yellow/orangish look. The LH side housing has no bulb in it. What I am saying is that the seller's pictures show the lamps to be in pretty identical condition, that amber bulb just gives it a yellowish tint. I think he screwed with you, I would definitely go after him.

No Dan, I'm saying with no bulb in, they look like they have yellowed, especially the passengers side. Something is not right with the pics the man sent him vs. the pics I'm seeing now. Big difference with how clear they are. I even have to ask myself, I wonder if the pic he sent of the housings setting on the box are even the same ones..

2ufrak9.gif

Now with a yellow bulb in, they look damn good. See my point now? They look like two different housings.

infx50.gif

What does it look like outside in the sunlight?

I was wondering the same thing and would like to see some outdoor pics.

Well, a Paypal dispute has been opened, but only for record keeping, the guy seems to be open to returning them at my cost for shipping for a refund. I'll be putting them in the mail today.

He said he didnt look at them side by side, they were his spares, he just took pictures of one at a time and tossed em in a box.

Go on eBay and request the sellers phone number, it can be done..call him and leave a voicemail if anything..it gets the point across that you are serious instead of just sending a stupid email that most people either don't check or take forever to respond to. When I bought my LSC lights the dude sent me the wrong package..I got a dirty ass old seat cushion out of a van and the other buyer got my headlights..needless to say I was f*cking PISSED! I immediately requested the sellers number and got ahold of him and got it worked out and had the other buyer send me the package without opening it. Complain to the guy that his pictures were misleading and see if he can do something for you..never know.

Does the seller have a good one to send back to you? I would just clean it, not that big of a deal

Does anyone else on here just take pics of LSC housings and then just toss them in a box? :rolleyes: Some of the chit people come up with sometimes. Not you OP, the seller.

Right?? But dude your Sig pic looks freakin mean! Those octastars make it look killer..still think you need some lsc housings..maybe you can grab them off this guy if he doesn't want em..lol

Thanks, lovin the Octi's

As for those LSC housings, they aren't for me. $300 and shipping is way too much for something that has to be worked on, took apart and cleaned to look nice and then sealed back together again. A crystal clear set sold not long ago for $348 and they looked like new. I like them but then again, I don't think they make a lot of difference on a white car.

Update: Sent the headlights back and the seller refunded me the money, I caught a lucky break..now, onto finding new housings..

Update: Sent the headlights back and the seller refunded me the money, I caught a lucky break..now, onto finding new housings..

Good to see he made it right. I just bought these and they have been polished since these pics were taken. Now I have to buy some adapters from DLF and buy some 9006 bulbs for the lows and use my current 9005 bulbs for the highs. They should be installed by July 25th. Go to the for sale section and make a WTB post for some. Someone might have a set to get rid of.

[url]http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=2037192278&postcount=11[/URL]

Good to see he made it right. I just bought these and they have been polished since these pics were taken. Now I have to buy some adapters from DLF and buy some 9006 bulbs for the lows and use my current 9005 bulbs for the highs. They should be installed by July 25th. Go to the for sale section and make a WTB post for some. Someone might have a set to get rid of.

[url]http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=2037192278&postcount=11[/URL]

I thought you already had aftermarket hids installed in your car? Why do you need new bulbs?

he has 9005s for his halogen style lights. but the 9006s fit the hid low beam better.

Members online

Back