WTB Gen 2 Mark VIII Ignition Control Module (Pic Inside)

Mark8Murder

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for this, located under the dash I believe. Buddy of mine sent me this pic. Found one on eBay for $99, I told him I'd check with you guys first.

c55d1f21.jpg

I have one around here somewhere, and as soon as I find it, you can have it for half as much.

PM or call me. :cool:

Nolan, that looks like the scil module. Steering column ignition lighting module. If you buy one you need to get the lock cylinder and ignition key from the same car. Otherwise the car won't start. You can get it reprogrammed from a locksmith or dealer, I think. Ask Jamie I'm sure he knows, or someone on here will.

Nolan, that looks like the scil module. Steering column ignition lighting module. If you buy one you need to get the lock cylinder and ignition key from the same car. Otherwise the car won't start. You can get it reprogrammed from a locksmith or dealer, I think. Ask Jamie I'm sure he knows, or someone on here will.

Thanks for the info, I been researching the last couple hours!

you at least need the transponder and antenna off the same cylinder that the scil is from. but instead of disecting a cylinder, just find an scil with matching key and cylinder all from the same car or your gonna run into all kinds of trouble. i may even have a complete set up in my garage i'll check tomorrow.

you at least need the transponder and antenna off the same cylinder that the scil is from. but instead of disecting a cylinder, just find an scil with matching key and cylinder all from the same car or your gonna run into all kinds of trouble. i may even have a complete set up in my garage i'll check tomorrow.

Thanks for the info! Let me know if you come up with anything, there a couple other members looking as well. Thanks again for everyone's information.

did you get my pm?

did you get my pm?

Me or Charger? I did not get a PM

Micah, I'm going to check his car out this weekend to be a 100%. He lives about an hour away or I would have checked already. I'll give you a call, thanks man!

Any news on this? Does the Ignition Control Module even exist on the second gen? If so, where? Can't find the little bastard.

His car was stolen out of his apartment complex Friday night... the irony of someone stealing a car that won't start is funny but sad. It may be a good thing, he had full coverage, wasn't in great shape and this electrical thing almost sent him into orbit. I'll keep you updated, thanks to all for the info and advise.

WTF!?!? :eek: I've never heard of a stolen Mark VIII. I call this a suspicious lucky break :D

Car has been found, engine tore apart and trans gone, wheels gone and crushed.

Somehow he managed to sell the car for scrap, he got caught trying to sell the catalytic converters at another scrap yard.

Trying to figure out how he was able to sell the car without the title in hand, I'm guessing he had a forged bill of sale??

You have to have a title to sell converters as well here in OK, and when he couldn't provide the info somebody called his tag in and was pulled over and arrested.

Amazing what idiots do to make a couple hundred extra dollars...

Members online

Back