Wiper Trouble And Auto Dim Mirror Question

Aquabrit

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, Did a search... :D (didn't quite yield what i am after)

Wiper Malfunction Symptoms

Wipers work fine in all settings, park fine too. However, after a few minutes they start going slower, then start jerking, then stop, then start again. They don't do this in highest speed setting.

I took the arms off so i could run the wipers without possible drag. Same thing, although more random. They start normal, then get slower and slower... Then fast again., then slow again etc.

I believe the MFS is ok, as the wipers change setting with each click. I believe the module is ok too, as it always clicks upon a wipe.

So, bad motor then?

Driver's Mirror Glass

Mirror got hit and it has gone too yellow to use.

I have removed the glass from the housing with the intention of removing the outer glass. However, the 2 pieces seem to be stuck together very well. (already cut my hand - Lol)

Any tips on separating the 2 pieces of glass? Don't care about auto dim anymore.

Thanks for any help! :)

Edit: Nevermind the glass, was able to separate the 2 pieces with a utility knife. Only thing is, mirror broke in one corner :( Heck, I'll get a new (DOT approved) conventional mirror and replace it. That dimming fluid burns the skin - my hand is bright red! Lol.

You reckon it's the motor then, Rich? I think so too... Just wondered if other people had the same symptoms.

O well...I'm in no hurry to fix the car. I'm mad at it - oil filter adapter gasket blew out all over our brand new drive way last night - was up til 4am cleaning up the mess. I'm this close:|-| to junking the damn thing.

Cheers, KK. But, I'm gonna wait until new year and see if i can get a new one. (assuming the 93 type is still available from Ford) Best get a couple of oil filter adapter gaskets from Max too. (never know when it's gonna leak again)

If you were going to junk it you should of just let Jamie tear it apart, not buff it.... Silly Brits...

Lol. Not yet KK. I will persist! (it's just gotta go on the back burner for a while) :)

Sounds likely, chicken. Must just be worn out i guess? When i remove the wiper assembly, i will check the harness connector with the multimeter though - just to make sure 12V is getting up there and there isn't any kind of ground problem. Might as well cover all bases before i dump $$ into a new motor.

Biggest priority is the adapter gasket - will order a couple from Max on Monday. Be a good idea to get a new oil pressure sender too, i guess. (makes sense if the adapter is coming out anyway)

see your car knows how far away from me it is now so its all gonna s**t the bed piece by piece. pay the shipping martin i'll give you a wiper motor, but you'll have to pull yours out first and tell me if its a single harness 93 motor, or double harness 93. they used two different styles for 93's. let me know if you want a freebie, i'll pick out the nastiest dirty motor i can find!!!

Cool - Thanks Jamie. Yup, I'll check he connector when i pull it out.

One other thing: Do you have any driver's door glass? I want one without auto dim. No worries if you haven't - can get one cut aftermarket.

Man, i wasn't happy when oil pissed out down the drive! :(

I was cleaning that spillage from 10 pm til 4 am (with minor LVC breaks in between)

First time it has leaked so bad! Must be the cold here - finished it off.

Damn that blows.... After I move out of the house I'm going to pay to have my parents driveway sealcoated due to all the damage I have done to it...

I'm gonna seal and paint the garage floor soon. After that, might see about sealing the driveway. HOA don't take kindly to filthy driveways. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back