Why did you chose the LS out of all cars?

marco93L

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I guess that I will start since I posted the topic.

I like sporty cars and the Ctsv and the M5 are out of the budget:D I decided on the affordable Ls.

I like the car for the close ratio steering it has ( like my late model Ta) Still looks sporty and still will get through traffic if it needs to. I dont like underpowered cars. Not to mention, I just started a family, so the 4 doors was a must.

Oh, and it is a Ford product! I am Ford first, then chevy second. No Imports ever!!!!

Almost bought a beamer

I was actually test driving a 07' BMW 330Xi and the salesguy asked me to drive down to their maintenance shop and pick up something. I saw the most gorgeous black car.. getting its oil changed and tires rotated.
They had taken it in on trade several hours earlier and were prepping for the lot. I asked him if we could drive that one and he made the arrangements. Well after a thorough test race and checking the credentials I bought my 04" 3 months ago with 26K on the odometer, still sporting the original michelins. The best part...it was $18,000 less than the BMW and still handles as well and looks terrific.

I don't exactly remember why, I had never even heard of a Lincoln LS. I was driving by and it caught my eye though, I couldn't believe it was a Lincoln. After 5 mins of realizing the sales woman, knew nothing about the car I asked to drive it, I loved the handling, power seemed decent, and at the time I thought if I wanted more I could just add a turbo or supercharger... HAHA, was I WRONG. Although I'm completely unsatisfied by the aftermarket, I love this car to this day. My wife calls it "the mistress" and I think not driving it in the winter is making me miss / love the car even more. I can't wait for the snow to melt away so I can get it out of the garage.

I traded my F150 Supercrew for it, I have regreted not having that truck at times, but the enjoyment I get from driving the LS makes up for it. Besides if you really need it, you can rent a pickup from menards or something for a few hours.

I bought it because I've loved the style of it since my buddy's mom bought one back in 1999. I love the car now even more than then. OF course, modding it to fit my taste has helped.

I was pricing used cars for me to buy as my (then) current vehicle was on it's last leg. I remember seeing the LS around and really diggin' the styling of it. I loved that longer sport sedan look. While maintaining the luxury of a Lincoln.

I searched for over half of a year for the perfect one (I wanted a gen2, v8, black paint, black interior). I found my LS almost one year ago, and I am in love with it still.

The more mods you do, the more 'yours' it is. I think with every mod I spend more and more time just lookin' @ my car, whether it be walking away from a parking spot, or just going to grab the mail and looking @ it sitting in the driveway.. Yea I'm sick like that. lol

EDIT: also when I wrecked it in November, I shed a tear after sitting back down in the drivers seat after the commotion was over, just looking forward over a buckled hood when you waxed your LS the day before sucks. Not to mention in that 10 minute time span I had received a parking ticket, and on the way home wrecked my car and received a ticket for that. Boy what a fun night!

I've liked and wanted an LS when they were first introduced, but they were always more than I was willing to pay for. I was on craigslist one day in January this last year and came across the ad for the car I have now. It had to be a black sport if I bought one with gray leather which is excatly what this is. The price was very good, so I went and looked at it and bought it on the spot. I had to "de-pimp" and repair the car quite a bit, but it has been well worth it. Love it!

The LS is one of the few sedans left that is both rear wheel drive and came with a stick. I loved it since it made Car and Drivers Car Of The Year in 2000.

I bought mine for the wife. I wanted to update her ride from a Daewoo Leganza.(don't laugh put 75K nothing but brakes and tires) The LS is close to size of woo but LS just built more solid. I'm a Ford guy so no chevys and no imports. Already have a MK8 so that left LS. Had the V6 LS a year now and still like taking it from her for a ride to the store.

The styling! I like bigger cars but not ocean liners like the Towncar (or Townhouse as I call it;) ). I've always liked black cars and to me it just fit the LS. So, I bought a black one!

I liked the looks, the RWD, the low stance with decently wide tires, power is ok, really liked the drive, loved the color combination inside and out. Price was pretty good too ($22k for a 2 year old). I was sold.

Love it 10Xs more now.

loved the car since it came out and i was in college. couldn't afford one and always said if i could find one i would get it. the first day i saw one for sale that i could afford i bought my first LS a 2000, had it for a year or two and everything went on it at once, so i bought an 03 with 25km. always wanted a black one and finally got it. It was the looks and the sharp lines, come to think of it i like most cars with straight lines on them and nothing has really gotten my attention until the cts coupe....

The LS is one of the few sedans left that is both rear wheel drive and came with a stick. I loved it since it made Car and Drivers Car Of The Year in 2000.

American luxury with RWD, manual, 4 doors and I've loved these cars since they came out. It also helped that the manual is very rare. I wasn't a fan of the early CTS and it was out of my price range anyway. My first car was a Lincoln Town Car so that helped too. My vehicle was a Chevy K5 Blazer though.

it fit my few requirements, v8, rwd, and 4 doors.
also getting a car that retailed 3 years earlier for $40k, for only $15k and really low miles sealed the deal.:cool:

Great looker. Loved the dual exhaust and always liked themever since the first time I saw one. One of the very first commercials. An ls driving on a bridge over a calm river and suddenly, the ls creating a title wave behind it. I remembered the comercial saying 0-60 in 5 something, I thought that was pretty fast and I was impressed. That commercial lied,lol, but it is one good looking car.

EDIT: It says 6.42s not in the 5 seconds, guess I heard wrong way back then.

YouTube- Lincoln LS

ny original choice was a crysler 300C but the ones near me were all unnegotiable (aka the dealerships were @sswipes) but I went to Bill Pierre Ford (then thinking about a mustang) and came across the Lincoln, knew absolutely NOTHING about it...nor did I know of any Lincoln besides the Navigator, Town Car, and Mark LT, and boy was I wrong...now me and my LS are in a Love-Hate relationship...but everytime I go and testdrive anothe car...I just can't leave her...she's everything I needed and if I want anything more...it's as easy as going to the body shop....Why spend 30k+ on a newer car tat has a bit more power when 30k cn pay off the cr, modify it greatly, and make it YOUR OWN. :-D

I guess that I will start since I posted the topic.

I like sporty cars and the Ctsv and the M5 are out of the budget:D I decided on the affordable Ls.

I like the car for the close ratio steering it has ( like my late model Ta) Still looks sporty and still will get through traffic if it needs to. I dont like underpowered cars. Not to mention, I just started a family, so the 4 doors was a must.

Oh, and it is a Ford product! I am Ford first, then chevy second. No Imports ever!!!!

I thought the M5 was an import...

back in '02 I had the privilege of driving one of our company cars for a few months...which happened to be a brand new LS V8..

since I wasn't footin the bill for the car...I drove it at 9/10'ths most of the time and it took everything I could throw at it and never protested

I was impressed with the cars overall performance envelope..it didn't excel at any one thing..acceleration..braking..handling..ride.....but was more than capable at all of them

a truly well rounded package that had few shortcomings

the body style was proportioned perfectly with short overhangs and a great profile...bold but understated

fast forward several years...I was looking to add a third car to my stable but wasn't specifically looking for an LS.....remembered my positive experience with the LS years back and came across a Sport V8 with just 18k on the clock for a little over 10 grand...it was strong arm robbery considering book for the car was 13 and this thing was mint...it was a no-brainer

Great overall car....I love her

Great looker. Loved the dual exhaust and always liked themever since the first time I saw one. One of the very first commercials. An ls driving on a bridge over a calm river and suddenly, the ls creating a title wave behind it. I remembered the comercial saying 0-60 in 5 something, I thought that was pretty fast and I was impressed. That commercial lied,lol, but it is one good looking car.

EDIT: It says 6.42s not in the 5 seconds, guess I heard wrong way back then.

YouTube- Lincoln LS

That first video is my 2nd favorite commercial for the LS, the first is the one where the Bimmer is left sitting in the dust.

The wife picked the LS out at the local Ford dealer. We had test driven it. She loved it. I was impressed, but not willing to pull the trigger yet. A few weeks later, the wife calls me from work. She had found out she was pregnant with our first child. At the time, we owned a BMW Z3. Not exactly a baby car. So I traded the Z3 in for the LS that morning. The LS was hers. At the time, I had a 2001 Blazer 2-door. We realized the Blazer was to small. We traded it in for a 2003 Durango. The wife took the Durango. I got the LS.

i liked them ever since it came out in 99-00, and the fact that i was 13 at the time didnt really mean i wasnt a car fanatic. when i was finally ready to drive i bought my sisters 01 chrysler sebring for a little over 3500 since i knew it was good being that she bought it in 03 with only 23k miles. few miles later i had a chrysler with low miles and a blown engine. i ahd some money so i dished out some cash and swapped the engine. then i guess it wasnt meant to be since i crashed the car a few months after that. a month and a 4500 insurance check for the car later i finally got my dream car. a 2003 lincoln ls v8 black on black with 67k for 9000. it really was an attainable dream car. i try to keep things as real as possible but that lincoln really was the car i really wanted. i almost bought a marauder for a little more but i liked the lincoln's class. maybe when i have some more money ill buy the marauder as well. i knew it was a good deal and honestly there isnt a car out there that doesnt have its problems. even "honda" makes car with trannys and engines that blow under normal loads and junk cars. ever tried to get an estimate on an alignment for a 05 bmw 525i? try over 1000 dollars for a 2005 30k car with 70k miles with a 2.5 liter straight 5 engine with barely over 200 horses. complete junk is you ask me. i would only buy the v8 versions of the car but they are overpriced and too expensive to maintain. at least the problems for the lincoln are extremely common and not too expensive given that they are replaced within a specific time frame. other cars have way too many different and expensive problems that vary from engine sludge deposits to tranny slips and electrical problems....most thigns that can b prevented with regular maintanance....

dude u got it messed up with the Acura Vigor.

i liked them ever since it came out in 99-00, and the fact that i was 13 at the time didnt really mean i wasnt a car fanatic. when i was finally ready to drive i bought my sisters 01 chrysler sebring for a little over 3500 since i knew it was good being that she bought it in 03 with only 23k miles. few miles later i had a chrysler with low miles and a blown engine. i ahd some money so i dished out some cash and swapped the engine. then i guess it wasnt meant to be since i crashed the car a few months after that. a month and a 4500 insurance check for the car later i finally got my dream car. a 2003 lincoln ls v8 black on black with 67k for 9000. it really was an attainable dream car. i try to keep things as real as possible but that lincoln really was the car i really wanted. i almost bought a marauder for a little more but i liked the lincoln's class. maybe when i have some more money ill buy the marauder as well. i knew it was a good deal and honestly there isnt a car out there that doesnt have its problems. even "honda" makes car with trannys and engines that blow under normal loads and junk cars. ever tried to get an estimate on an alignment for a 05 bmw 525i? try over 1000 dollars for a 2005 30k car with 70k miles with a 2.5 liter straight 5 engine with barely over 200 horses. complete junk is you ask me. i would only buy the v8 versions of the car but they are overpriced and too expensive to maintain. at least the problems for the lincoln are extremely common and not too expensive given that they are replaced within a specific time frame. other cars have way too many different and expensive problems that vary from engine sludge deposits to tranny slips and electrical problems....most thigns that can b prevented with regular maintanance....

Members online

Back