When things couldn't get any worst, On the unemployment line again!

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
I just lost my job yesterday! I'm not surprised. They barely paid me the last 2 weeks. No funds in the accounts, Bill collectors calling the office nonstop, I don't see that company lasting another 3 months. Just filed for unemployment!:( My 97 will stay halfway done, the blue 93 will have to start w/pure magic now & well, the rest is history. Broke & unemployed! Let's just see what the future holds.

Sorry to hear this. Atleast your getting some money in while you look for something better.gl.

My sympathies, been laid off since January. Unemployment ain't paying beans, waiting for work to pick back up at the shop. All weather dependent here, us glass guys ain't got a lot to do in the cold months. Mark sitting out there, need to do several things for it that all cost money, thinking of throwing everything that matters in the trunk, leaving this tweaker town and heading to Florida.
Oh wait, you just got laid off in Florida. Well dammitall. :lol:

Solution: Ford starts manufacturing NEW Mark VIIIs (Gen 1) in Michigan. I'd head there, get a job, buy a house for a buck and be happy.

Some advice- don't come to Florida looking for work in the trades. You're not going to find it there.

my work is booming, we have so many jobs on the board to build, powdercoat and install, we just signed a $37,000 job with the YMCA to replace their water park stairs and platforms, we are currently installing a $16,000 railing job near the Don Ce-Sar in st. pete beach, we have another signed $30,000 dollar railing job on a brand new house in Tierra Verde Monte Cristo neighborhood, and we signed another huge railing job at the Admiral House in Clearwater beach for around $40 g's, these are only a few recent signed proposal's we have so many jobs to fabricate, there is work out there, just have to know where to look. we just hired a guy thursday and my boss may be looking for one more, that will bring us up to 9 employees when we werent recently down to 6 a few months ago. sorry to hear it alex but there is work, i just dont know what kind of work you prefer? if you can tolerate being outside all day then you can find alot of work, but i have that feeling that you like to be in doors, like a little bitch!!!! j/k but good luck man you'll find work.

My job is beaming 2, just yesterday I made $270 bucks in one day...Ive told him several times to become an S.T.S. driver like me but then again it consists of being out in the streets driving around for 12 hr shifts, stressful routes with 20 something pick ups, fighting traffic all the time to get to people on time. If you can handle that then you're made. The more pick ups that you do the more you make, its 10 dollars a trip so if you do 27 trips then its $270. Monday I did 22 trips, wendesday I did 26 and yesterday I did 27, and the rest of the days im in the office. So im making pretty good dough. Its a lot of hours and time away from the loved ones but hey the money is great!!!. Sometimes you gotta go out in the streets and get your hands dirty Alex if you plan on making a decent living now at days.

sorry to hear it alex but there is work, i just dont know what kind of work you prefer? if you can tolerate being outside all day then you can find alot of work, but i have that feeling that you like to be in doors, like a little bitch!!!! j/k but good luck man you'll find work.

Jamie, I live in Miami, not Palm Harbor... When Mr. Obama mentions the overall unemployment % he doesn't mention that cities such as Miami has a 15% unemployment rate & he somehow forgets to mention that employers here are abusing their employees because they know they won't resign (that was my case until yesterday) so those employees are looking for jobs too making the available jobs out there VERY COMPETITIVE!
I've been applying consistently for about a year now. If you recall I was unemployed last year at the beginning of the year as well. I landed a couple sh!tty jobs then I landed this last one making $46p/y but I knew this company is slowly going under so even though I started working for them on Nov 1st I continued applying. Everyone either low balls you or simply looks the other way because I don't have a college degree. Now ppl w/degrees are also unemployed & are willing to accept the lower paying job leaving ppl like me stranded.

Sometimes you gotta go out in the streets and get your hands dirty Alex if you plan on making a decent living now at days.

Marvin I couldn't agree w/you more. You have to hustle especially now-a-days. However I have to do things carefully. I'm recently married. $$$ isn't everything in life. I rather make $15.00p/h & be home at 5pm with my wife than the $46k p/y I was making & being a slave, getting home past 7:15 everyday, always on call, can't eat dinner in peace, got interrupted while having quality family time, during family parties, even during sex!!! My wife was practically begging for them to fire me. She's been helping me apply in about 10-15 jobs p/day.
If I were to get a job such as yours & never be home until very late then I risk loosing a good marriage. My wife is very comprehensive but reality is that women get bored of that. Not worth it in my opinion. My wife is a certified nurse, works as an assistant in the surgical department of a hospital & she's also the head of bariatrics. She makes decent cash so for now, I'm looking at starting what I mentioned here about a month ago. A/C trade assisting my stepfather. Let's hope things go well. I'm tired of working indoors, I want to go back outside where I belong.

Jamie this :q:q:q:qs a :q:q:q:qing toilet bowl for real. Im about to move to Las Vegas....my brother is making it big over there.

have your wife transfer to tampa general and get out of that toilet bowl down there dude!

My wife did not want to move from Miami... then we traveled 2,300 miles through the South East of the US during our honeymoon!!! She wants to get the hell outta here as much as I do!
I'd love the West Coast Jamie but damn, please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Tampa area swamped with retired seniors? Please, I'm being serious, no joking around & no offense, I want to get some input from you! I've been to Tampa many times & I find an @ssload of seniors in their Cadillacs driving around. Am I wrong? I would consider your neck of the woods, seriously!

Also, what type of nightlife can Tampa offer? We are used to jumping in our cars & being 6 minutes from anything entertaining at night. I know not to expect the same thing as the Miami night life nor am I sure we are interested in obtaining it but I don't want to end up bored somewhere... If I may ask, I know you have kids so I'm sure our lives are quite different but what is your typical weekend like up there?

Some advice- don't come to Florida looking for work in the trades. You're not going to find it there.

That maybe true for Sarasota/Bradenton areas, but St Pete / Tampa still have a good amount of jobs depending on what he is looking for.

I do I.T. in south St Pete ( I drive 35 miles one way ) and I am usually one of the first to know when the company is going to hire new folks since it is a dynamic call center.

UltimateSVT, most retirees are in St Pete area but that doesn't mean there's nothing to do in the area. However, if you and your wife are big Miami clubbers, this area is probably not for you.

UltimateSVT, most retirees are in St Pete area but that doesn't mean there's nothing to do in the area. However, if you and your wife are big Miami clubbers, this area is probably not for you.

Definitely not clubbers at all... However we like to go out to a local Bar & grille by the bay or a nice restaurant with live music, a Miami Heat game, South Beach, etc... The chances of us walking into a club are slim to... ZERO but we do enjoy the night life.

My sympathies, been laid off since January. Unemployment ain't paying beans, waiting for work to pick back up at the shop. All weather dependent here, us glass guys ain't got a lot to do in the cold months. Mark sitting out there, need to do several things for it that all cost money, thinking of throwing everything that matters in the trunk, leaving this tweaker town and heading to Florida.
Oh wait, you just got laid off in Florida. Well dammitall. :lol:

Solution: Ford starts manufacturing NEW Mark VIIIs (Gen 1) in Michigan. I'd head there, get a job, buy a house for a buck and be happy.

Come to Alabama and you'll have plenty of glass work to do lol.

Come to Alabama and you'll have plenty of glass work to do lol.

haha, I actually considered that. Didn't wanna mention it tho, because of the amount of damage and human tragedy.
Never been to Alabama, heard it's beautiful.

Members online

No members online now.
Back