What's the fastest you've driven your Mark VIII?

Without knowing the configuration of the '71 Vette it is hard to say what it would run. An L88 ran 171 mph at Le Mans back in the day, so those speeds would be possible if the car was built right.

Without knowing the configuration of the '71 Vette it is hard to say what it would run. An L88 ran 171 mph at Le Mans back in the day, so those speeds would be possible if the car was built right.

I agree, but at the same time, you can propel a barn at 180mph with enough power behind it. Don't mean it will stay on the ground for very long.

I'm not raising the BS flag, but at the same time... his claim is slightly suspect to me.

Do I care? In the grand scheme of things... no, not really.

I have a GPS verified pick from my 96' but can't find it so suffice it to say I got popped for 110 thru light just changed Red by my locals in the SVX. He wanted me to take a picture of his Radar with my camera cause it was a record for that section of the Highway (In front of Cop Shop). Lost DL for 14 days on that one.

My Hurricane I did 160 till I realized I was wearing Jeans and if I went down the road rash would be brutal. So I slowed down and zig zagged cause Radar don't go around corners :rolleyes:

I hit 120 down telegraph on afternoon after school and saw a cop tried to out run him but it did not happen needless to say when he came to my car he had his gun pulled and arrested me that was a expensive ride home from school.

how fast

I let off of the gas at 140 still had plenty of pedal. I was racing my son in his 99 stang. 3:23 gears 454 hp 97 mk viii. I now have 3:73. don't know what it will do.

Did 110 going up the skyway bridge tonight, the mark is running so damn good now I barely noticed i was going that fast. I was just laying on it a lil enjoying the exhaust sound with newly acquired lack of misfire. I was in a hurry a lil bit, I had to poop bad and was on the way home! Made for a bad combo, I looked down and was a little scared going up the bridge and that fast, first time I ever tapped the brakes going UP the skyway... Think I left a lil more than a smell in the car. Febreeze and leather cleaner tomorrow for me!

clocked at 152 this summer at about 2 in the morning , pretty much knew who it was ,kept going , he stopped me the next night and told me he was impressed that my car could do that. he was an old drinking buddy gotta love these small towns with reserve deputies!

it did

this was my fathers baby, sold in 2001,:( he spent a LOT!! of time and money on this car. he had something like $16,500 just in the engine alone brodix aluminum small block, the rear leaf springs were even carbon fiber. when he had completed the suspension it sat like 3/4 inch higher for some reason. completely adjustable. we actually had 3 rear diffs for it. I dont remember the gears. m71 4 speed built by some body, at wide open throttle he could just no clutch yank from 1st to 2nd killer car. I have had friends come back from a ride crying in fear with my dad laughing.

o yeah and The Honkey Tonk chapter it is

Just a tad bit low... slow... :slam

Don't mean to piss on your story and I'm no aerodynamic engineer, but I just don't see a 1971 Vette staying on the ground at 170, let alone 180.

And let's not talk about the mechanical capabilities of the drivetrain... on second thought, since I've already done the research and math...

The baddest Vette engine at the time was the LS6, with a whopping 425hp 454 c.i. V-8. Coupled with a Four Speed Manual (1:1 in 4th), an Axle Ratio of 3.36:1 (the standard axle ratio for the 425HP Stingray) and a redline of 7000RPM, the motor would be turning 7000 RPM at 167 MPH on the 205/75/15 tires.

Now, I'm sure your dad put in a 2.73:1 rear end in it, as well as built that motor to take 9 bazillion RPM, and he put 20" wheels on it, right?

Screen%20shot%202011-02-19%20at%202.40.02%20AM.png

And yes, I have this kind of free time.

yesterday i stole my boyfriends mark and this camaro tried to race me....hehe. i whooped him and got the car up to 120 without 4th gear. :) all this on a closed course, of course...like 9a coming home from work, because that d*** nissian refused to start. can NOT wait to get my mark...someday soon...something like BAD97LSC (if only)

yesterday i stole my boyfriends mark and this camaro tried to race me....hehe. i whooped him and got the car up to 120 without 4th gear. :) all this on a closed course, of course...like 9a coming home from work, because that d*** nissian refused to start. can NOT wait to get my mark...someday soon.

Is this Ripped Camel?

Can't be, s/he knows where 9A is. I am pretty familiar with that area;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back