What's the fastest you've driven your Mark VIII?

126mph when the dam fuel shut off in my '96, and I've only had the '97 LSC up to about 110mph. One of these days, I'd like to blow them out but I don't have any really long stretches of highway that aren't riddled with cops around here. And I know how much insurance goes up with a ticket. So I'm paranoid about speeding.

In the 93-don't know speedo only reads 140, 98-what speed it's governed to (cop said he was doing 140 to catch me in his Charger)

you guys got balls.

ive hit 115 and could have kept going but there was other cars on the road.

fastest ive been is 125mph in a trans am.

i got it up to around 100 for a short time once..Never maxxed it out and dont really care to.

my old 94 135mph in 55 zone, broward county sheriff "felony" wreckless driving $1000 fine. my 98 142mph gps verified with Rich topped out @135mph and me pulling away on the Alley

Last edited:
No way in hell you hit 172 MPH on only a 3 mile stretch of road and were able to brake. Mathematically impossible with your bad ass car.
Then your math skills are chit. Didnt need the full three miles..... dont think it needed 2 miles. The car accelerates at .6 gs untill 3rd where it slopes off to .4 gs and then 4th is down to .25gs or a little less. Braking is done at 1.1gs due to the upgraded brake system. If the car can pull second till 72 and third till 120 then do the math.

I don't do those things anymore. Lost my license at 18 for three years when I was clocked @ 162 in a 25 miles even in Canada. That was in my 69 Superbee.

Top Speed

Every once in a while, I come over here just to see what you guys are doin'. So, let's see:

1. Top speed ever---180+, riding with Jack Roush in his Cobra Roadster. Mid-afternoon, east and then west on I-96 from the Newburgh ramp to Telegraph and then back to Newburgh. Both tach and speedo pegged.

2. In my '02 LS, about 155 on the north extension of I-275. (No power-adder)
3. 140.102 in one mile---National Class Record---E/F CC---standing start---ECTA---Maxton, NC---Spray with methanol for fuel

I'm going to try to take E/BF CC this summer. Now stands at about 185.

KS

it may not be the fastest but it had me in cuffs the fastest

Shortly after my divorce was final in April of 2007 I met a friend on the world famous Broadway in what is known around the world as Music City USA. After a night of drinking double kettleone gimlets and enjoying the honkeytonks I decided to go home. I was hungry so I decided to stop at White Castles of course. I normally would go down Music Row to go home but missed that street on the roundabout and wound up on 21st Ave which goes directly by Vanderbilt University. I wound up having to stop at a stop light then in my infinite wisdom decided I was going to pretend I was at dragstrip christmas tree. A short rundown on my car: true duals with double xpipe, 3200 stall, bullet proof trans with a stage 2 shift kit, 4.10 with a locker. To say the least when you brake torque at about 3k it is going to be a bit loud. Light turns green and I launch hard laying rubber from first to second...about a quarter mile down the road there just so happens to be about 5 Vanderbilt University cops at the Mapco gas station investigating a potential robbery. They heard me and decided they were going to be my finish line. I think I only made it to about 80 mph by the time I saw about 5 cops standing in the middle of the street with their guns out telling me to stop. What happened next is for another day. :shifty:

themark002.jpg

and i never have really done a top speed run
top speed ever was in my dads 71 corvette scared to death @170-180mph that car was stupid fast 650 rwhp.

Ive seen 135 in the Mark VIII with just a tune.

And the LS hit 138-140 something like that and I was actually quite impressed with it.

Shortly after my divorce was final in April of 2007 I met a friend on the world famous Broadway in what is known around the world as Music City USA. After a night of drinking double kettleone gimlets and enjoying the honkeytonks I decided to go home. I was hungry so I decided to stop at White Castles of course. I normally would go down Music Row to go home but missed that street on the roundabout and wound up on 21st Ave which goes directly by Vanderbilt University. I wound up having to stop at a stop light then in my infinite wisdom decided I was going to pretend I was at dragstrip christmas tree. A short rundown on my car: true duals with double xpipe, 3200 stall, bullet proof trans with a stage 2 shift kit, 4.10 with a locker. To say the least when you brake torque at about 3k it is going to be a bit loud. Light turns green and I launch hard laying rubber from first to second...about a quarter mile down the road there just so happens to be about 5 Vanderbilt University cops at the Mapco gas station investigating a potential robbery. They heard me and decided they were going to be my finish line. I think I only made it to about 80 mph by the time I saw about 5 cops standing in the middle of the street with their guns out telling me to stop. What happened next is for another day. :shifty:

dude i need a ride in your car i am in the ville vandy cops suck

The fastest I have been STOPPED was in my mark viii...........thanks to a berks county pennsylvania ambulance is like 2 seconds...lol!

typing teh fail. i think your a lil low

Just a tad bit low... slow... :slam

top speed ever was in my dads 71 corvette scared to death @170-180mph that car was stupid fast 650 rwhp.

Don't mean to piss on your story and I'm no aerodynamic engineer, but I just don't see a 1971 Vette staying on the ground at 170, let alone 180.

And let's not talk about the mechanical capabilities of the drivetrain... on second thought, since I've already done the research and math...

The baddest Vette engine at the time was the LS6, with a whopping 425hp 454 c.i. V-8. Coupled with a Four Speed Manual (1:1 in 4th), an Axle Ratio of 3.36:1 (the standard axle ratio for the 425HP Stingray) and a redline of 7000RPM, the motor would be turning 7000 RPM at 167 MPH on the 205/75/15 tires.

Now, I'm sure your dad put in a 2.73:1 rear end in it, as well as built that motor to take 9 bazillion RPM, and he put 20" wheels on it, right?

Screen%20shot%202011-02-19%20at%202.40.02%20AM.png

And yes, I have this kind of free time.

Last edited:
Now, I'm sure your dad put in a 2.73:1 rear end in it, as well as built that motor to take 9 bazillion RPM, and he put 20" wheels on it, right?

Well, with a claimed 650rwhp, I'm pretty sure your insinuation is correct and that the driveline is stock. After all, there's no way a 454 can make the power to get a Corvette to those speeds, just like there's no way to put an overdrive transmission and/or taller tires on a Corvette either.

already been pulled over in the 98? :lol:

Haha yup, he said he was going to pull me over for not using my blinker..it's was midnight, in a hicktown with nobody in sight. He was way behind me so I wasn't even paying attention to him. I saw his headlights but couldn't tell what kinda car it was...when I hit the 70 zone outside town I opened it up... He caught me about 15 miles later...rofl

When he got the the window all he said was "wow"

Anyone who has any doubts about how fast Lasers car is, can come to Texas and put your money where your mouth is. I bet it'll shut your mouth and empty your pockets

The answer so far for mine is it's the speed at the end of a 1/4 mile. to date the best has been around 125.

Members online

No members online now.
Back