What's the fastest you've driven your Mark VIII?

Buried the needle and then some toooooo many times. Still gets 24 mpg @142.

flyin.jpg

HAH..let me guess, you just hit the reset button and coasted to get that thing to read 24 mpg...something tells me by the videos you have posted that you sure as hell aren't babying that car around town when you drive it.

I feel alot of you guys overexaggerate your fuel mileage, claiming #s that are damn near impossible considering how many people on here really drive their Mark VIIIs. Even if I try to drive it easy I can maybe muster up 18-19 mpg average TOPS while city driving it. And my car runs just fine, idles smooth, no misfires always run 93 octane shell or BP gas...so please ellaborate on your MPG secrets..

Believe it or not, my average mpg actually went up from 20.6 to 20.8 one day while I was driving 75-80mph on the bypass. It's still sitting at 20.8 right now. But at the pump, the calculator says I'm really getting 22-ish. Which ain't bad.

Since I have installed the W3Z2, city is normally right at 16 and HWY is 25 but with the DZA1, it was about 18/27 Sorry for helping with the derail.

Had mine up to 140+ with W3Z2 :D I prefer not to be going that fast if it's not needed but had to test it and prove a point a couple of times. One was not long ago when a 94 or 95 Eldorado Touring Coupe came up on me on the HWY and it just happened but sorry..... "my computer don't shut down like yours does" is what I was singing to him.

Got it up to 95 on the freeway. Just got the car bout 3 months ago with 93k miles. Trying to go easy on her.

Mike's car on meth would definitely be 10s I think. :cool:

And I have watched that video so many times, it's ridiculous. I have watched it over and over again to check out the shift points, lockup, trap speed, and I've even tried to read that little gauge on his dash. LOL The car is very mesmerizing. What gets me is he drives it to the track and gets over 20 mpg. That's WIN! :D

Mike, if you mod that car much more, I'm not sure we're still going to be able to call it a Lincoln lol. Juss messin with ya. I have always liked that car, even back when it looked like this.

ContiWheels.jpg

Remember those days? :D

Whoa flashback to mod #1 lol :) I gave those rims to a local military guy that had just bought a first gen Mark when returning from a tour in the middle east. His car had Lincoln LS wheels on it, and they did not fit correctly.

Lucky for him, I had just replaced the Continental rims with Octastars, and wanted them out of the garage.

Fast forward a couple years, and when the wheels on the car now were put on the car, I gave the Octastars to my buddy Scott (Frankencougie here on the board) for the same reason - no space in the garage. :) I think he still has them on his black second gen Mark.

Thanks for the comments Guys! :) The Mark will be going to John Temple's shop in June to have one of his Terminator bumpers put on. :)

I took my boy to spectate at the ECTA Ohio Mile event this weekend. There was an older lady there with what appeared (and sounded) to by a stock GenII Base. She only managed 123mph in a standing mile.

140+ in my old 93 on several occasions. I know with a W3Z3, it's supposed to be limited, but for whatever reason, mine apparently wasn't. I'd taken it up to around 120-130 a few times on just 2-lane country roads in the middle of the night when nobody was out, but the roads around here suck, so that could get a little dicey. Then, there was the one time I was doing 100-110 or so on one of those 2-lane country roads when I came up on COWS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, and you know how gen-I non-LSC headlights are- I was all over them before I even knew they were there, but somehow I got it slowed down a little (I'd guess in the 60-80 MPH range) and they were spread out just enough that I was able to run the slalom through them. I got LUCKY that night. That's one thing I never want to do again.

I hit somewhere between 120-125 in my parents' 96 LSC once when the limiter kicked in. Unfortunately, I was in a 4-way race between a Lexus SC300/400, an Acura Integra (modified), and a Honda Accord coupe on the interstate, and the speed limiter caught me completely by surprise because I wasn't used to it on my 93. Of course, because I couldn't go any faster than that, I got my ass handed to me by the Integra and the Accord, but I still beat the Lexus at least.

Those rev limiters on the '96 models suck. I got mine up to 126 one time and BAM! Engine dies, drops to 124-ish, revs back up to 126, dies, drops, revs again...you get the picture. I haven't tested the upper limits of the '97 LSC yet. Right now I need to get my LCA's and SRB's installed, get an alignment, and balance the tires before any top speed runs. She has a pronounced vibration at anything above 65-ish right now.

COWS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.

I once came out of a bend in a rural road to find a cown at the edge of the road, taking his first steps onto the pavement. Had I been 3 seconds later, I'd have nailed him at 80mph.

Here's a deer strike at normal speed, not for weak stomachs. Imagine hitting one at more than double.

Deer keep me nice and sane on the roads these days. No cars on the road just means you can fit more deer there. ;) There is precisely one place that I'll run my car up, and it is essentially a walled-in closed course, where you can do flying start down a 2-mile stretch of relative safety.

However, it WOULD be funny (to me) to drag your car into the dealership with this goin'on under the hood. Yeah she's just not running right, can you run a diagnostic on it?

I once came out of a bend in a rural road to find a cown at the edge of the road, taking his first steps onto the pavement. Had I been 3 seconds later, I'd have nailed him at 80mph.

Here's a deer strike at normal speed, not for weak stomachs. Imagine hitting one at more than double.

Deer keep me nice and sane on the roads these days. No cars on the road just means you can fit more deer there. ;) There is precisely one place that I'll run my car up, and it is essentially a walled-in closed course, where you can do flying start down a 2-mile stretch of relative safety.

Last 2 Deer I hit I was following a SUV. Freaking Deer darted out right after it went by and left me no choice accept to hit it or car coming at me in opposing lane :steering

Deer keep me nice and sane on the roads these days. No cars on the road just means you can fit more deer there. ;)

Yea, I know a thing or two about deer too :(. After dodging probably 50 to 100 in my over 4 years of driving my Mark VIII, a deer actually ran into me (hit my driver's fender and door and bent them both up pretty badly) on Halloween night 2008, which is why I no longer "have" my Mark VIII (I still own it, just because I don't have the heart to part it out or sell it). That in itself was bad enough, but I parked it for a while after that with the intent of finding a new fender and door for it, but, of course, I looked for months and couldn't find anything locally. Then, while it was sitting in my yard, one day without warning, the entire top of a tree fell out and landed on top of it, so that pretty much sealed its fate. :(

Speedo went way past 140 on the 95, chipped and all that good stuff, no blower tho):

My first post, Hi everyone.

Went 100 mph yesterday by accident trying out the 93 I am in the process of stealing. A beautiful gold, I guess Bronze Mist or something, car in very good shape with about 100,000 miles on it.

Just hammered it at about 65 and was doing 100 very quickly. Very nice car, smooth no shudders anywhere.

A few things wrong, leaky moon roof, some wierdness with the air, he leaves it turned off and it seems to work. I am guessing the new front shock/bags indicate new back ones too and it is just real tight.

I will pay $1500 Canadian for this almost immaculate car. Very fine body, could only find one small ding, interior is just sweet. Motor was replaced at 35,000 miles. The darn rubber is worth $500.

I am a fool but sometimes I luck out. My first Lincoln.

http://carnagepro.com/pics/Connie.jpg

My first post, Hi everyone.

Went 100 mph yesterday by accident trying out the 93 I am in the process of stealing. A beautiful gold, I guess Bronze Mist or something, car in very good shape with about 100,000 miles on it.

Just hammered it at about 65 and was doing 100 very quickly. Very nice car, smooth no shudders anywhere.

A few things wrong, leaky moon roof, some wierdness with the air, he leaves it turned off and it seems to work. I am guessing the new front shock/bags indicate new back ones too and it is just real tight.

I will pay $1500 Canadian for this almost immaculate car. Very fine body, could only find one small ding, interior is just sweet. Motor was replaced at 35,000 miles. The darn rubber is worth $500.

I am a fool but sometimes I luck out. My first Lincoln.

http://carnagepro.com/pics/Connie.jpg

Where abouts in B.C are you? I might drive down and get that car before you :p

Where abouts in B.C are you? I might drive down and get that car before you :p

Nice try, he has a grand already and I'll give him the rest in a day or two. I had to borrow some $s just to make sure I nailed it. Several other sharks were circling that bait, I was lucky to get it.

I'm in Coombs on Vancouver Island eh'.

130 in my friend's '93 Mark

145 in my '02 LS (lowered but no nitrous at the time)

closed course

After watching The Avengers a little while ago, I still had adrenaline pumping through so I floored it to almost 140MPH. To be honest, it was actually smooth (aside from noisy driveshaft)!

It felt like it had more but had to let go. First time I've done over 110 in this car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back