What's the fastest you've driven your Mark VIII?

i removed the top speed limiter but ive heard of others going past it without any mods i believe its 125.ive always been a fan of speed. my old banshee 350 would smoke most cars in the 1/4, ive always pushed them all. once youve gone over 200, nothings the same anymore. my buddy's zx-14 does about 240 been there too. the mark felt surprisingly more stable than my old 5.0 at the same speed.the most stable was my 88 gta with ws6 suspension 185 like glue on the road.

Ditto on me as they claim they measured me rear wheel skid mark and claim I was going 40mph before the legally Blind old lady hit me. Broke 2 vertebra, pelvis, hip, ribs among a dozen other bones and then 1008 hours in a Coma.

Plus they never took her DL away :mad:

i was hit from behind and by the time i straightened out i hit a lane divider flew across two lanes.severed spinal cord at t6 2, collapsed lungs, 18 breaks 12 fractured ribs, not one scratch riding gear held up. 5 days on life support. had a dnr but fiance and mother ignored it.neither left my side in the hospital for a month exept to shower and come back,hospital is 2 blocks from house and accident. joe dimaggio. love them both.

i was hit from behind and by the time i straightened out i hit a lane divider flew across two lanes.severed spinal cord at t6 2, collapsed lungs, 18 breaks 12 fractured ribs, not one scratch riding gear held up. 5 days on life support. had a dnr but fiance and mother ignored it.neither left my side in the hospital for a month exept to shower and come back,hospital is 2 blocks from house and accident. joe dimaggio. love them both.

Collapsed both my lungs too after my rib punctured one cause the car ran over me and I lifted the FWD off the ground and stopped it. Luckily I remember none of it.

However on the strange part, the Mark I own now had hand controls on it as the owner was paralyzed in a college football accident. Even stranger was it turned out to be the guy that was supposed to be my uncles roommate in Rutgers in the 70's :eek:

strrrrrraaaaannnnnnnnge indeed. now im getting flap for doing all this to my lsc, ported heads, comp cam,with a dyno tune when its all done. still havent put the 4.10 in yet, want to do it while still in the shop, but still need the install kit and install cash. its all goin into motor now going to have a little lopey idle, cant wait.im shooting for the low 13's, 1 handed!

How do you bypass/delete the regulator?

Drove the autobahns in Germany for 11 years, would love to open this puppy up on a long Montana highway.

Buried the needle and then some toooooo many times. Still gets 24 mpg @142.

flyin.jpg

I buried the 140mph speedo for about a mile still accelerating with the 4.10s I would guess somewhere around 155mph. I'll never do it again. :eek:

Hey Onebad, is that a 100 degree T-stat you have in there? lol

mine runs about that temp on the highway as well.
still pretty cool in the city cuz the fan is always on high.
stock rad.

whatever the limiter let me get to. i dont remember.

150 in the cobra toying with an SRT8
165 in the rearended VR4 under my name walking by a BPU supra
180+ in my 97 VR4. wish i had the GPS running for that...
108 in the swift when it was stock. calculators put it at about 120 now. its geared for 160

Loving this thread! So far I've only wound 3rd gear to about 135mph with 3:55s.

I've since replaced a bunch of suspension, need to adress a dodgy wheel bearing, and get some $1000 tires. I'll report back with some better numbers via GPS by summers end. RWHP is and should remain about 230, which is near stock.

around 55 lol, once i get my license and have a lot more experience that will go up

Yeah, because it's so impossible, that's why no one here has them in their car. I had the worst shadetree mechanic put mine in with no problems. :rolleyes:

Wow you must have a Mark with the gas tank on top of the driveshaft option then?

That's the only thing that makes it impossible in your book? We're talking two tank straps. Dropping the tank is super easy. Cmon man. :D

Draining it is more difficult than removing it..if it still has gas in it

Members online

No members online now.
Back