What's the fastest you've driven your Mark VIII?

I have shut mine down twice on a short strech by High Desert State Prison, so 124mph for the 95 LSC, right? Found out how bad my front end is on those trips, I was feeling a bit of vibration.
My fastest ever driving was 135ish in my old stock 95 eclipse 2.0 turbo on 395 between Susanville Ca. and Reno, freaked out when it shut down cause it didn't wake back up until under 100 if I remember correctly. They shut it down at just about the perfect speed because it felt like another 3-4mph and the front would have lifted up and done a backflip...it was getting a bit light up front.

Fastest I had mine up to was 129 GPSed. I was right on the bumper of the "Lotus boys" from "Bullrun". I liked that show and was cool to see the cars go by and jump them. For some reason they didn't air the Bullrun from Canada down to Florida. Couple miles down the road was a Bullrun fake Ferrari that was dead going on a flatbed. I was nervous maybe I was being filmed so I got out of there. I'm more of a 1/4 guy not top speed.

I went 119 in my Dodge Caravan not long ago! Skeptical? That's why I took a picture!
I also called my friend who is a deputy for the County, but he said he didn't care, he wasn't on duty! lol

My Mark, haven't driven it over 70, yet. Fastest I've been recently, I was driving an Eagle Talon Turbo and took it up to 138ish. It was still pulling (owner claims he's hit 150 with it), but cars were coming the other way and I backed off.

Caravan120mph.jpg

I think it will be a while till I break my 172 MPH Mark run.

I wish i could go that fast!lol my gears only allow me to hit 160.

So you think you're gonna get a big charge by going 172 as opposed to 160? I'm sure it isn't gonna feel THAT much faster since it's like 12mph! How old are you and how many times have you been that fast?

So you think you're gonna get a big charge by going 172 as opposed to 160? I'm sure it isn't gonna feel THAT much faster since it's like 12mph! How old are you and how many times have you been that fast?

I have never been 160 in my mark yet, the fastest i have been is 140.. Scroll up and you could see that. so 32 mph im sure feels different. what does my age have to do with anything? and i have been over 100 too many times.. not a big deal.

I have never been 160 in my mark yet, the fastest i have been is 140.. Scroll up and you could see that. so 32 mph im sure feels different smart a$$. what does my age have to do with anything? and i have been over 100 too many times.. not a big deal.

Well, you said (and I quote) "my gears only allow me to hit 160". And I just added that last sentence 'cause that sounded like a dumb statement an inexperienced, careless kid would say.

I'm just sayin'.....

Well, you said (and I quote) "my gears only allow me to hit 160". And I just added that last sentence 'cause that sounded like a dumb statement an inexperienced, careless kid would say.

I'm just sayin'.....

i see.. well i havnt hit 160 yet. im 22 years old so i guess you could say im a kid. im sure most of you all on this forum is older. but i dont judge. but im pretty confident in my driving!

i see.. well i havnt hit 160 yet. im 22 years old so i guess you could say im a kid. im sure most of you all on this forum is older. but i dont judge. but im pretty confident in my driving!

Yeh, I'm more than twice your age, but I'm not sure most on here are older. Shoot, someone ticked me off the 2nd day after I joined this forum! lol

I was just razzin' you. Welcome, and be careful with that speed stuff, it'll kill you quick! I've had more than a couple friends die in car wrecks (and I myself almost did).

After I hit 172 I went to take Sapperfire for a ride so I would have proof. We hit 160 and he had enough and made me slow down. Car was still pulling hard though. It is a significant difference in feel from 160-170.

It's a huge difference from 170 to 180 and an even bigger difference from 180 to 190. Every mph St that speed is a difference especially if your on 2 wheels!!! The fastest iv had my mark up to is 145 or so clocked by gps the fastest I've ever been was on my heavily mofied 04 R1 I pushed it to 195. It would do 160 in the 1/4!

Fastest I can remember being I was driving a motorcycle a little past 160. I remember after 140, it all seemed VERY FREAKIN' FAST! Never been that quick in a car, but Laser, I'll put my life in your hands - lets go! :)

Fastest I can remember being I was driving a motorcycle a little past 160. I remember after 140, it all seemed VERY FREAKIN' FAST! Never been that quick in a car, but Laser, I'll put my life in your hands - lets go! :)
Dont have that car any more. :(
As Mark8Murder, maybe he will take you for a ride. :D

I've taken the Light Prairie Tan up to 130 before. I was surprised it went that high because I had assumed it was a lower velocity in which the fuel cuts off.

i let off the mark at 140 due to traffic, my 09 zx-10 did 205. only took 40 mph to paralyze me. go figure.

Ditto on me as they claim they measured me rear wheel skid mark and claim I was going 40mph before the legally Blind old lady hit me. Broke 2 vertebra, pelvis, hip, ribs among a dozen other bones and then 1008 hours in a Coma.

Plus they never took her DL away :mad:

Members online

No members online now.
Back