Whats the deal with this forum?

Former Member

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Im sick of it, all the threads are nothing but fighting anymore. Its a waste of time, the OP's have to dig through tons of stupid posts to find the answers they are looking for. People are no longer helpful, they just call the OP an idiot or something of the such. Its sad that this goes on so much here...People who come here for help have no reason to anymore since noone actually helps them.

Mod's need to step up and ban people who are causing problems. thats all there is to it. People are ruining the forum and they just sit back and let it happen.

I think from here on out who ever starts trouble should just be banned. arguements are one thing, some of them are unavoidable when you get a bunch of gear heads together, but people who redundantly post reply after reply of nothing but stupid remarks and comments need to be shown the door.

I also think the first person to negatively comment on this thread should be banned as well. Im speaking my mind on whats going on in this forum. Im not a part of any other subforum on LVC but i bet there isnt as much BS going on in them.

I agree 100%... This is the same thing for most message boards though. The reason is that the internet is filled with negative trolls that have nothing better to do then make other people mad, then laugh about it and then tell you that you shouldn't get mad cause its just the internet.

Moderators on the sites don't take their job serious, they use the mod status as a power trip and become trolls themselves.

I agree with everything you said though...

not every forum is like this. gixxer.com isnt. VWvortex isnt. Z28 forum or LS1tech isnt this bad. granted im sure they have there problems, but this forum is just becomming out of hand with it.

take the thread from the guy who had issues with his LS not starting and took it to the dealership. its 3 pages of worthless crap as far as i saw...dunno if the dude ever got help or not. i stopped reading it. not only are OP's not getting answers, the people reading them dont want to read the post after 20 posts of crap.

I agree 100%... This is the same thing for most message boards though. The reason is that the internet is filled with negative trolls that have nothing better to do then make other people mad, then laugh about it and then tell you that you shouldn't get mad cause its just the internet.

Moderators on the sites don't take their job serious, they use the mod status as a power trip and become trolls themselves.

I agree with everything you said though...

Well being a power tripping trolling Mod ...

The solution is simple .. it's called the ignore option ...

LvC started due to issues on other board that were modded to death. Only the opinions of the admin seem to be allowed or you were banned.

This is an open forum ... there have been instances where we felt the need to ban a few members and they are gone.

In the everyday world in if you don't like someone you ignore them or avoid them. Most negative post are usually from the same member or members ... Add them to your ignore list .... If you use the ignore option then you will not see the post which you do not want to see.

The ignore feature is crap.

Aside from having to be logged in for it to work, you still know every time that person posts, due to a silly note on their every message! Plus, you can still see their thread titles and you can see their posts from others quoting them. Be better if once a user is set to ignore, it wipes all trace of them.

Damn feature doesn't even allow us to ignore ourselves! :D

i think a forum thats too open is prolly just as bad as a forum thats too heavily moderated.

are you kidding me...the mods and owners of this domain love all the squabbling, bickering and drama...they love when people get into a rumpus...it keeps site traffic up

they use logon flow as a basis for site viability...which allows them to charge vendors and sponsors more for advertising...they're seeing $$$ signs...

it's called Capitalism

UP YOURS!!!! :)

Im sick of it, all the threads are nothing but fighting anymore. Its a waste of time, the OP's have to dig through tons of stupid posts to find the answers they are looking for. People are no longer helpful, they just call the OP an idiot or something of the such. Its sad that this goes on so much here...People who come here for help have no reason to anymore since noone actually helps them.

Mod's need to step up and ban people who are causing problems. thats all there is to it. People are ruining the forum and they just sit back and let it happen.

I think from here on out who ever starts trouble should just be banned. arguements are one thing, some of them are unavoidable when you get a bunch of gear heads together, but people who redundantly post reply after reply of nothing but stupid remarks and comments need to be shown the door.

I also think the first person to negatively comment on this thread should be banned as well. Im speaking my mind on whats going on in this forum. Im not a part of any other subforum on LVC but i bet there isnt as much BS going on in them.

are you kidding me...the mods and owners of this domain love all the squabbling, bickering and drama...they love when people get into a rumpus...it keeps site traffic up

they use logon flow as a basis for site viability...which allows them to charge vendors and sponsors more for advertising...they're seeing $$$ signs...

it's called Capitalism

I knew I was missing something and you nailed it. Everytime an ad loads up there's $.

I know I was in one of those fights you're talking about, but that's not a normal thing I do. :rolleyes: :ban

But really :give

take the thread from the guy who had issues with his LS not starting and took it to the dealership. its 3 pages of worthless crap as far as i saw...dunno if the dude ever got help or not. i stopped reading it. not only are OP's not getting answers, the people reading them dont want to read the post after 20 posts of crap.

well said.....i didn't really feel like reading a nover full of junk so no, i didn't really get any answers. just a headache.

Yeah LvC is really about saying what you feel, its mostly a good thing. A site thats to modded leads to less people posting and low activity and it dies off. Some posts are lame, I don't read through them. Some people post stupid, I don't take there comments to seriously. People don't always get the answers they need but we all don't know everything. I've done some stuff that no one else has done but haven't had many problems with my car so I am no use for some common problems people have.

I do agree the search only works so good as sometimes the conclusion to the problem never gets posted. Or sometimes something new of a particular problem could be know so 2 year info is pretty useless. I feel the reading can be helpful so do it, but go ahead and ask if its not clear. Also bad info can be found with a search too, another reason it only works so well.

Idiots usually are a temporary thing, they go away it seems. Maybe posting stupid and ADD go together.

I knew I was missing something and you nailed it. Everytime an ad loads up there's $.

Not exactly. Vendors wouldnt be vendors if they didnt sell product. Its not about impressions is about sales.

In general, we try NOT to over mod. You're all grown ups and should be able to handle things without much intervention from moderators. We're aren't babysitters and your not children.

I believe in free speech. Thats to say I believe in a man's right to be an idiot from time to time. What I think is a stupid post may be very funny to someone else.

That said. I also believe everyone should be treated with a level of respect. No need for name calling. And if there is a member like that - cant you just not respond to them? I almost never see someone posting insults that go unanswered. So an argument ensues. Dont feed the squirrels and they wont keep coming back for more nuts.

it's called Capitalism

The clueless quote of the year.

There is only one guy that gets a cent off this site and I bet he won't be able to retire on it.

Pcuk, take the amount to time I've spent on this site and multiply it by the income I've received....

$.0000000001 cent per hour.

Ya, we're all money grumbing mongrels on here.:rolleyes:

Edit: Ha, I didn't even see Joey's post because I was beyond pissed when I first saw yours and had to respond without reading the rest of the thread.
So there.

and so it begins...the landowners defending their cause...I knew the powers behind the thrown would get their feathers all ruffled with a simple post

The clueless quote of the year.

There is only one guy that gets a cent off this site and I bet he won't be able to retire on it.

Im sure not gonna retire off LVC. I dont think he meant it that way though Brian.

it's called Capitalism

I've got high-end Blu-Ray players that also play DVD's for $100.00 plus Freight.

Send me a Benjamin and I might consider taking your cash.

Or how 'bout a 42" LED HDTV 120Hz for $750 brand f'in new.
I hear Best Buy has them for sale at $1399, discounted from $1999.

Is that capitalism?

Oooops. Was that just an ad? Was I trying to make money?
I have never sold anybody anything on this forum.

Point is... If I wanted to use my mod/Admin powers, I could make a fortune with the eyeballs that see this site.

So you are way off base on how we run this site.
We simply believe in freedom of speech.

BUT, you absolutely have a point that the OP should at least get their question answered, no matter how redundant that question is. I agree with that. That is the point of having a forum in the 1st place.

We'll try better in that regard as a 2010 goal.

Im sure not gonna retire off LVC. I dont think he meant it that way though Brian.

I get it. Trust me. I get it.

ToeCutter,
Let me ax you a question.
Would you like me delete or moderate any question or comment I don't deem appropriate that you make?

Please answer honestly.

And ToeCutter,

Go take a look and see how many time JoeyChgo and MonsterMark have posted in the same thread in the past 3 years.

Purely coincidental I assure you.

you can wave your hand over my posts and make them disappear...you have that power...it's called a 'God Complex'....but you will not silence my observations or convictions

I seem to have illicited a response from you that you did not bargain for...

you can wave your hand over my posts and make them disappear...you have that power...it's called a 'God Complex'....but you will not silence my observations or convictions

I seem to have illicited a response from you that you did not bargain for...

I bet you they don't remove your posts....thats the point.

Not the money.

Members online

No members online now.
Back