Whats the deal with this forum?

I bet you they don't remove your posts....thats the point.

Not the money.

your right...they won't remove my posts...but your mistaken, the point is....in the end ..... it's always about the money

Economics 101

nobody does anything for free

your right...they won't remove my posts...but your mistaken, the point is....in the end ..... it's always about the money

Economics 101

Free no. But theres actually a history as to why LvC came to be. And it wasn't for any one person or people to get rich.

But back to the point.

This place was started to not be heavily monitered......maybe money is made now but thats not why it was started.

These guys own MarkVIIIs, not exactly the most common car and Economics 101 would suggest starting a site with something more popular that would get more traffic.

if i got paid $0.0000000000000001 i know i wouldnt be working as hard as some mods do on this forum. why even bother editing and deleting posts? or how bout this one, changing peoples avatars, lmao i think they deserve a raise! imma make a poll:)

Wow, not a total jackass remark! Cool, and thanks. I generally agree with you and I do agree that this forum might need a little but more mod intervention, but not much. It would take away from the openness that is a forum.

I also can't help but feel that someone came looking for a fight with this post, but that's just IMHO.

Free no. But theres actually a history as to why LvC came to be. And it wasn't for any one person or people to get rich.

But back to the point.

This place was started to not be heavily monitered......maybe money is made now but thats not why it was started.

These guys own MarkVIIIs, not exactly the most common car and Economics 101 would suggest starting a site with something more popular that would get more traffic.

yeah I know...every endeavor (well almost) starts out with good intensions..

I just don't like where these endeavors wind up...I wish I was'nt such a realist

Economics 101

This is true. And at the same time, you have the right to go somewhere else. We'll still be here when you get sick of the other overmoderated Lincoln forums. We'll still be here and welcome you back, no problems. Maybe by the, you (and by "you", I mean members who are generally whiny, not you specifically), will have understood what the Internet is all about.

You have a wealth of information at your fingertips. All that's required is to look around a bit. And don't tell me "But... But... But... the search thing is crap!". It is not crap if you learn how to use it properly. Not my problem the two brain cells regulating your breathing can't cope with anything else.

What's really annoying is someone coming on here and creating a thread about a question that has been covered a dozen times before. Yes, I know "so then why bother being a member here?" And if you ask that question, then you truly don't understand how this community (or any internet community) really works.

I've been in some pretty "hot" arguments on these forums, and I'm still here. Granted, I know where that fine line is at, and I do my best to not cross it.

I've even told a couple of the Admins here off, and in general I don't really care if I get banned (watch MM ban me for a day just to be an ass :D ). But chances are, I won't be banned for getting under the n00bs skins, again, because I know where that fine line is drawn.

It's called the "Internet", people! Grow some balls, a few more brain cells, )I tell you, functioning on 5 brain cells is hard, I know), put some Internet skin thickener on, and go to town.

And I'm not getting paid for my posts so I guess people still do stuff for free.:rolleyes:

well...if you have ever bought anything for your car that was remotely associated with this site...it's not for free...your putting duckets in someone's pocket

well...if you have ever bought anything for your car that was remotely associated with this site...it's not for free...your putting duckets in someone's pocket

I said I wasn't getting paid. I said money was being made....just not why the site was started and not why its not heavily monitered.

This is true. And at the same time, you have the right to go somewhere else. We'll still be here when you get sick of the other overmoderated Lincoln forums. We'll still be here and welcome you back, no problems. Maybe by the, you (and by "you", I mean members who are generally whiny, not you specifically), will have understood what the Internet is all about.

You have a wealth of information at your fingertips. All that's required is to look around a bit. And don't tell me "But... But... But... the search thing is crap!". It is not crap if you learn how to use it properly. Not my problem the two brain cells regulating your breathing can't cope with anything else.

What's really annoying is someone coming on here and creating a thread about a question that has been covered a dozen times before. Yes, I know "so then why bother being a member here?" And if you ask that question, then you truly don't understand how this community (or any internet community) really works.

I've been in some pretty "hot" arguments on these forums, and I'm still here. Granted, I know where that fine line is at, and I do my best to not cross it.

I've even told a couple of the Admins here off, and in general I don't really care if I get banned (watch MM ban me for a day just to be an ass :D ). But chances are, I won't be banned for getting under the n00bs skins, again, because I know where that fine line is drawn.

It's called the "Internet", people! Grow some balls, a few more brain cells, )I tell you, functioning on 5 brain cells is hard, I know), put some Internet skin thickener on, and go to town.

believe me...if they get any bigger...I'll be able to keep the dust out of my butt crack with them

Im sick of it, all the threads are nothing but fighting anymore. Its a waste of time, the OP's have to dig through tons of stupid posts to find the answers they are looking for. People are no longer helpful, they just call the OP an idiot or something of the such. Its sad that this goes on so much here...People who come here for help have no reason to anymore since noone actually helps them.

Mod's need to step up and ban people who are causing problems. thats all there is to it. People are ruining the forum and they just sit back and let it happen.

I think from here on out who ever starts trouble should just be banned. arguements are one thing, some of them are unavoidable when you get a bunch of gear heads together, but people who redundantly post reply after reply of nothing but stupid remarks and comments need to be shown the door.

I also think the first person to negatively comment on this thread should be banned as well. Im speaking my mind on whats going on in this forum. Im not a part of any other subforum on LVC but i bet there isnt as much BS going on in them.

who put an egg up your butt?

Well being a power tripping trolling Mod ...

The solution is simple .. it's called the ignore option ...

LvC started due to issues on other board that were modded to death. Only the opinions of the admin seem to be allowed or you were banned.

This is an open forum ... there have been instances where we felt the need to ban a few members and they are gone.

In the everyday world in if you don't like someone you ignore them or avoid them. Most negative post are usually from the same member or members ... Add them to your ignore list .... If you use the ignore option then you will not see the post which you do not want to see.

Like ME!!!!! :-D

Cause I'm a Mother F*cker!

ban_hammer.jpg

I get it. Trust me. I get it.

ToeCutter,
Let me ax you a question.
Would you like me delete or moderate any question or comment I don't deem appropriate that you make?

Please answer honestly.

Someone's having that time of the month ;-)

piss off.jpg

if they get bigger? i still would hope you dont put them in your @ss - dust out, balls in:shifty:

petes, was it an egg, or did someone try dusting his ass crack? lmao

I dunno...but it reminds me of Me, Myself & Irene when the 3 black brothers were betting if one could chove an egg up a cop's @ss without it breaking

then make me a moderator, and ill ban every member and delete every post for a month that is pointless or helps noone. ill literally sit here night after night reading every post and delete it or ban the person who posts it if its a redundant thing. you dont even have to pay me .0000000000001$/hr ill do it for free. Im just that sick of reading this sh!t.

oh my cry me a river, it seems like the people who bitch and complain about this place, are the ones that do not know the 'search function". This information is offered to you for free, so why complain about it? I love this forum for how open it is and how I am able to speak my mind. You just have to know where your line is at like frogman stated earlier. The Mods, in my opinion do an amazing job because they are GROWN MEN(unlike most of you, *COUGH* op *COUGH*) They do not get power hungry and ban people for no effing reason. So stfu, stop bitching about free information that is provided to you, and find something better to do with your time besides complaining to a bunch of men on a CAR forum. This is not high school people.

Speaking from both sides of the coin.

As a member, I see a lot of stuff here that would not fly on most of the forums I am a member of. We as members have a LOT of freedom on LVC. LVC is the least moderated forum I have ever seen. Its very refreshing to see that kind of freedom and trust on a car forum. The backlash is the trolls we have to deal with. Granted the "ignore" feature is nice. But just knowing that person is trying to bait someone into an arguement time and time again is irritating.

Unfortunately, "banning" members isn't always possible. You can ban an IPaddress. And thats it. It doesn't stop the person from logging on at a different IPaddress. Or lock there login. Then they just create a new username and continue the same old crap. It becomes to much of a hassle to deal with that one member or however many members it may be.

As a mod, I can tell you. I see a lot of stuff here that would get members "warned", "suspended", and even "banned". On the forum, I am a mod on. On that forum, we know who the trouble makers are and watch the forum very closely. A day doesn't go by that I or another mod isn't "warning" or "suspending" someone. I spend probably 90 minutes a day checking post, deleting post, editing post, warning, suspending, basicly putting out fires. Its anything but a power trip. Then you have members claiming that the mods are playing "favorites". Taking sides and not treating every member the same. Letting your "friends" break the rules, but coming hard down on everyone else. On most forums its us(members) vs. them(mods) mentallity.

Its a damned if you do. Damned if you don't situation. If they moderate the site to closely, they are ruling with an "iron fist". If they don't moderate the site enough, they are letting it go to hell. Its a fine line between the two. In either case members leave or stay for those reasons. Its an inperfect solution to an inperfect world.

then make me a moderator, and ill ban every member and delete every post for a month that is pointless or helps noone. ill literally sit here night after night reading every post and delete it or ban the person who posts it if its a redundant thing. you dont even have to pay me .0000000000001$/hr ill do it for free. Im just that sick of reading this sh!t.

I wouldn't trust a p*ssy like you with any athority. F*ck off or shut up!

stfu+gtfo.jpg

Speaking from both sides of the coin.

As a member, I see a lot of stuff here that would not fly on most of the forums I am a member of. We as members have a LOT of freedom on LVC. LVC is the least moderated forum I have ever seen. Its very refreshing to see that kind of freedom and trust on a car forum. The backlash is the trolls we have to deal with. Granted the "ignore" feature is nice. But just knowing that person is trying to bait someone into an arguement time and time again is irritating.

Unfortunately, "banning" members isn't always possible. You can ban an IPaddress. And thats it. It doesn't stop the person from logging on at a different IPaddress. Or lock there login. Then they just create a new username and continue the same old crap. It becomes to much of a hassle to deal with that one member or however many members it may be.

As a mod, I can tell you. I see a lot of stuff here that would get members "warned", "suspended", and even "banned". On the forum, I am a mod on. On that forum, we know who the trouble makers are and watch the forum very closely. A day doesn't go by that I or another mod isn't "warning" or "suspending" someone. I spend probably 90 minutes a day checking post, deleting post, editing post, warning, suspending, basicly putting out fires. Its anything but a power trip. Then you have members claiming that the mods are playing "favorites". Taking sides and not treating every member the same. Letting your "friends" break the rules, but coming hard down on everyone else.

Its a damned if you do. Damned if you don't situation. If they moderate the site to closely, they are ruling with an "iron fist". If they don't moderate the site enough, they are letting it go to hell. Its a fine line between the two. In either case members leave or stay for those reasons. Its an inperfect solution to an inperfect world.

Amen Rollin!

Members online

No members online now.
Back