What would you pay

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
For a set of Carbon Fiber valve covers and COP covers? I'm thinking FRP + CF, as this will yield a stronger part. You would never see the FRP once the covers are installed.

This would be for a "basic" set, with no writing on the COP covers. The writing would be extra, increasing the price by about 100 bucks per set, give or take, as I would need to make yet another mold for the COP covers.

If I can cover my costs and I have at least 10 confirmed buyers with deposits, I will consider making some. I have to be honest with you, it would be at least a 2 month process, since I actually do other stuff with my time besides annoy people on LvC.

To start off, I would make one set and ask someone to do some testing for me. If the covers work well, this person would get to keep them as thanks.

I volunteer to be the test guy!!!

That would be the perfect look on my next project since the car is Midnight Grey.

As for cost..... thats a hard one. The cheap ass in me says $80 but the realist says they would be at least $250.

Id even pay to be the test mule though.

Laser, I'll have to be honest with you, $250 will cover 1/2 to 2/3 of the materials to make one set. Not to include mold making, which will be a female dog, since it will take a couple of tries, as well as finishing. Top of the line Clear coat is around 300 bucks per gallon. Now, it won't take a gallon per set of course, but you get the idea.

But if this happens, then you can be the test guy.

I'd expect to pay 500 for a plain set and 600 to 700 for a set with writing on them. I don't think I could pay for them but I'd love to save up for them!

I don't think you'd get quite the "paying" interest here on the Mark VIII boards, but I'm sure you'd get loads of interest on some Mustang/Cobra boards....

That said, I'm pretty sure I've got the "paying" type of interest in these...

I agree, but I figured I'd offer it to my fellow forum members first. I was planning on offering these up for sale on the Mustang forums as well.

I'll do some math tonight and see how feasible this project will be.

I agree, but I figured I'd offer it to my fellow forum members first. I was planning on offering these up for sale on the Mustang forums as well.

I'll do some math tonight and see how feasible this project will be.
I can tell you the first time I get up to a SVT get together in Plano that at least 5 people I know would order them and would spend $750-$800 on them.
I have several 03/04 Cobra friends that I hang with up there that spend obscene ammounts of cash on their cars and there has been talk of wishing for some CF valve covers.
And because everyone loves Kevins Cobra (easily the cleanest in the world) and tries to copy it, once they see his they will want their own and would sell their first born for them. :lol:

OMG I paid 439 dollars for my whole MK8. Not dissing your price or work just saying thank god I don't love,need carbon fiber. :eek:

I can tell you the first time I get up to a SVT get together in Plano that at least 5 people I know would order them and would spend $750-$800 on them.
I have several 03/04 Cobra friends that I hang with up there that spend obscene ammounts of cash on their cars and there has been talk of wishing for some CF valve covers.
And because everyone loves Kevins Cobra (easily the cleanest in the world) and tries to copy it, once they see his they will want their own and would sell their first born for them. :lol:

And if you help me sell some, I'll pay you a comission. Maybe a Teksid one? ;) Or cash, either way.

OMG I paid 439 dollars for my whole MK8. Not dissing your price or work just saying thank god I don't love,need carbon fiber. :eek:

It's not for everyone, I'm not offended or butthurt. I like it because it can look classy in in the proper "environment".

Too rich for my blood, I'll have to stick to the "do it your self" powder coating. Would be a cool thing to see though.

I would rather put that towards improving the performance but I guess if you had already done that, carbon fiber valve covers would be the next step to cool and unique.

Short answer-$100/pair

I am no where near able to buy some of these,but I would love to see a set. So this is me encouraging the build.

I'd be down for a set... but not for my Cobra. I would have to get a Gen 2 before it would become feasible for me. At that time I would put a Cobra intake on too...

Please add your name if you're actually interested in the first, if you're possibly interested in 2nd.

Interested:

1. Laser
2. 98linc
3. Gilby
4. Screw Rice - C Heads

Possibly interested:

1. Keaton's Dad

Last edited:

Members online

Back