What was everyone's first car?

1994 Saturn SL2. Bought it used with 1,700 miles. It was as loaded as you could one of those cars. I found out why it was being sold used at such low miles. It stranded me three different times:

- Clutch slave cylinder
- Shifter linkage
- Total electrical meltdown: alternator, battery, fusible link.

Then I drove it onto a guard rail. After the extensive repairs, I kept it another few months and then got a 1996 Honda Accord.

1990 Ford Ranger 186,000 when i sold her. I miss that truck
1991 Ford Thunderbird S/C 68,000 when i was T-boned in New Castle DE
1994 Ford Ranger 110,000 traded for..
1986 Ford Mustang GT T-top 135,000 it was rough when i got her now fully restored and still have her
1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 hatch 37,000 Original Miles no mods.
1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 notch 90,000 Original Miles lowered,rims,exhaust
1995 Ford Ranger bought to part out
1967 Ford Fairlane bought it to restore factory 390 4 speed
2004 Lincoln LS V8 wanted a new car and love it, its like my 4 door,lux Mustang

1995 Lincoln Town Car. Navy with white vinyl top. Drunk driver blew a red and I T-boned him in the middle of an intersection doing about 50. RIP big blue :_:

IMG_20111015_130216.jpg

First Car

Mine was a 64 impalaSS 327-300 horse 4 speed - red with white buckets and console took one week to trash the old motor then i put in a 283 - 11 to ones and a 30-30 duntov cam - afb carb - fenderwell headers - had a blast with that old car. drove it to kansas and back when i was at ft riley in the service in 1973.
I probably miss that car more than any!:cool:
6 of us set that 283 in with a pipe from the swing set at the apartment of a friend in Junction City Kansas - oilfield line pipe homade swing - took it apart and used it - put it back together afterward lol.:D

1974 Plymouth Valiant. My dad bought it for $4000 new and gave it to me 10 years later. It wasn't too fast, but it did have a 318 V-8 and a posi.

1984 dodge omni 2.2 auto with a holley 2 barrel pure mopar muscle chick magnet. looked exactly like this same white with blue interior.
1984-Plymouth-Horizon-5-Door-Hatchback-2.jpg

My first car is my Lincoln and this christmas I got a 07 Silverado VMAX. Im only 17 with a well paying job so dont go saying im spoiled. Cause i pay the bill every month for the truck. So now I have the truck and the car.

IMG_5176.jpg

6e79390e.jpg

My first car is my Lincoln and this christmas I got a 07 Silverado VMAX. Im only 17 with a well paying job so dont go saying im spoiled. Cause i pay the bill every month for the truck. So now I have the truck and the car.

Not to be a d!ck,but you said it yourself in your " new toy " thread that you're pretty much a spoiled 17 yr old.Sh!!!!t I wouldn't be turning down gifts like that either,but no real need for 2 cars at 17,getting out of the parents house is a lot more important.Definitely a nice looking duo of white vehicles though....

My first car was a 1963 Dodge Dart with the slant 6- 225 ci. engine. I bought it for $100 with 98K miles on it. 2 weeks later, a lady hit my L side door in an intersection and offered to pay for the damage rather than report it to her insurance. The low estimate was $135 so I took the cash , bought a replacement door rom a junkyard and drove around in my " free " car until I sold it in 1978 for $600. I think I had about 240 k miles on it. I learned a lot keeping that car going.

First car was a 1966 Plymouth Fury III. 318 4-dr. when i first got her, she ran high 14's (but that was 0-60). got better after some carb and timing work. car was free but had to replace every bit of the brake system around 800. Outside baby blue paint was mostly gone but i had just finished a two tone leather interior before it was broken into and destroyed. slashed seats, broken mirrors, torn down headliner, broken cluster... all to get a 100 cd player. guess they got mad when the destroyed the entire back seat and still couldn't get to the box and amp. tranny went out a week later so it got scraped.
1966plymouthfuryiii4drsd0608.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwa8XoQAc07GL2_az8GeDy3RmzCSoVG1MNFyfmumIazVvfpjYYSg.jpg

64 Chevy Impala

Brought this link back from the grave -- found a pic of my 1st car - 64 Impala SS327 300hp 4 speed - pics from when i was in the service back in 74

car pic 025.jpg

06 Lincoln LS Elite package. I bought it in cash off a used car lot for 6900 January last year.

first car given was a 97 Dodge Intrepid

first car bought was a 99 Mitsubishi Galant

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with the 3.3 V6. My father and I painted it smurf blue (by accident) and I had a 2000 watt stereo system in it consisting of a vintage PPI amplifier running two 1500 watt 12" subs and an old skool Pyramid amplifier running power to the component speakers. (not an accident lol) The first infraction I ever received on my driving record was "Loud Stereo" by a St. Paul cop when I was cruising a popular strip in the cities. He told me I was rattling the whole neighborhood and to get out of there before he confiscated all of my audio paraphernalia. It went from 0-60mph in 10 seconds and I thought it was a rocket LOL. I sold the car with 206K miles on it and my father saw it driving around 2 years later.

My first car was a 1981 Pontiac Catalina, Bought it for 2,000 bucks with 24,000 miles on it.
only had a 231ci motor but man was it fun to drive.

In order, when i first got it, put 16 inch american racing hopsters
Primed
Painted
Stolen one week after paint totaled and striped bare

old 1.jpg

old 2.jpg

old 3.jpg

old 4.jpg

My first car was a 1981 Pontiac Catalina, Bought it for 2,000 bucks with 24,000 miles on it.
only had a 231ci motor but man was it fun to drive.

In order, when i first got it, put 16 inch american racing hopsters
Primed
Painted
Stolen one week after paint totaled and striped bare

Man, that was a tough deal. You had the car looking great.

My first car was given to me. It was a 1984 Nissan/Datsun(yes on that car it said both) 200sx. My dad said if you want something better get a job.

Then since everybody else is listing all of their cars

88 Nissan Pulsar
93 Ranger
94 Probe GT
87 Rx7 Turbo II
92 Explorer
89 Mustang GT Conv
93 Probe GT turbo(custom)
97 SHO
88 Mustang 5.0 LX
98 SHO
98 SVT Contour

And once this deployment i am currently on is over will be adding a 2006 Lincoln LS

Members online

No members online now.
Back