what the fastest n/a mark VIII in here?

sho89mtx

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
any marks in here run high 12's or low 13's with just engine work or do they need superchargers or NOS to run that? I would like to find a car that runs these time to patern my mods after once i get a mark VIII

thanks,
scott

No one is in the 12s yet.

If you really want I can write up a recipe to get you in the 12s N/A

Most people that start building these just end up going forced induction.

unstoppable said:

I'd be very interested in this recipe. Not that I would ever do it all, but it would be nice to have one list for everything that can be done N/A to a Mark VIII for reference purposes.

unstoppable said:

im interested in your 12 sec recipe unstoppable. :zgreenbou

Well 13s arent too tough.

A set of 4.10 or higher gears.Possibly 4.30s.
A good chip, mass air combo.
A set of Long tube headers, with a 2 1/2 inch exhaust system
A good torque converter from either Edge or Precision (3000-3500)
And a set of drag radials should get you there fairly easily without taking any weight out of the car.
IF you get a properly ported intake manifold and get the tune done afterward you MIGHT get close to the 12s with just that.
Depending on how deep into the 12s you want to get you will probably have to get into the engine.You could get low 12s with either higher compression or ported heads, or both.Along with the other mods I mentioned obviously.

Your results may vary by location because of altitude and track prep.

unstoppable said:

And a set of drag radials should get you there fairly easily without taking any weight out of the car.
IF you get a properly ported intake manifold and get the tune done afterward you MIGHT get close to the 12s with just that.
Depending on how deep into the 12s you want to get you will probably have to get into the engine.You could get low 12s with either higher compression or ported heads, or both.Along with the other mods I mentioned obviously.

unstoppable,
thanx for the info. by the way do you know anyone who can port a gen 1 intake(someone thats had experience with them)?

mark8cha said:
unstoppable,
thanx for the info. by the way do you know anyone who can port a gen 1 intake(someone thats had experience with them)?

Me.

unstoppable said:

Good god I hope you're right. :L

By spring I hope to have all but the LTs. That is 4.10s, MAF combo, 2-1/2 exhaust, 3500 stall triple disc PI converter, drag radials, ported intake and a dynotune. I currently have all but the italicized, plus some.

However, I have yet to see enough data to convince me the HP/$$ of headers in a Mark VIII platform were worth it. So I'm putting them last for now.

The lower your ET, the more it takes a bigger chunk of money for a smaller gain in HP. :steering

driller said:
Good god I hope you're right. :L

By spring I hope to have all but the LTs. That is 4.10s, MAF combo, 2-1/2 exhaust, 3500 stall triple disc PI converter, drag radials, ported intake and a dynotune. I currently have all but the italicized, plus some.

However, I have yet to see enough data to convince me the HP/$$ of headers in a Mark VIII platform were worth it. So I'm putting them last for now.

The lower your ET, the more it takes a bigger chunk of money for a smaller gain in HP. :steering

Driller, I know how much MPH Joe picked up with just his header install and it showed a power increase of at least 25 hp AT LEAST!!!
As far as bang for your buck its definately up there on my list.And I would wait to get the dyno tune untill you get the headers, otherwise you will have to get a re tune.

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords (MM&FF) this month put long tubes on a Sean Hyland (SHM) built 4.6 engine and picked up 25 hp over the stock manifolds. The proof is in the pudding.

Well I have a 1995 Mark VIII so my quesiton is what kinda numbers would I be seeing with these mods. intake, catback 2 1/2" exhaust, chip, and possibly some bushings? I might eventually throw in a new rear. Possibly 3.73's but not too sure yet. But with those mods what kinda 1/4's would I be looking at?

Markviiiedrea said:
low 14s maybe high 13s w/spray

You can get in the mid 14's with JUST an exhaust. All I had on the AssassinVIIIor was a true dual exhaust.....2.5" pipes back from where the 3rd cat used to be, 2 x-pipes, and 2 Assassin mufflers from Geno (not sure if he still sells them or not) and I was in the low 14's. I ran the best 14.443 at Atco a few years ago and like I said, all I had was just the exhaust done.....So, it is possible to be in the 14's with just exhaust.....no NOS needed. :Beer

Blackout said:
Well I have a 1995 Mark VIII so my quesiton is what kinda numbers would I be seeing with these mods. intake, catback 2 1/2" exhaust, chip, and possibly some bushings? I might eventually throw in a new rear. Possibly 3.73's but not too sure yet. But with those mods what kinda 1/4's would I be looking at?

I would expect really low 14's maybe high 13's with that. I was in the 14's with JUST an exhaust (cat back). No chip, no intake and nothing else done to the car and I was in the 14's......14.443 at Atco in Jersey. :Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
I would expect really low 14's maybe high 13's with that. I was in the 14's with JUST an exhaust (cat back). No chip, no intake and nothing else done to the car and I was in the 14's......14.443 at Atco in Jersey. :Beer

just a cat back huh? i would think it would take a little more than that , cool!

I am not saying that it is definite that you will be that low. Even Geno was surprised when he saw it. He thought I had other things done to the car, until he inspected it, and then drove it. I had absolutely nothing else done to it except for the exhaust. :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back