what;s new ratio

limos4speed

LVC Member
Reaction score
ok here go's 97 mark with 373 posi just changed crapy 225/60/16 for the widest tire for 7 inch stock rim put on used set with meat 255/50/16 one inch wider but 1/2 shorter what a kick the wife says she can;t drive with traction off any more so whats new ratio 390 ? i love it but her car

Myco needs sentence structure. Can I hear a heck yea?

yes the 373 kick's ass no vibration 93 drive shaft but question was with 1/2 lower profile tires what is the ratio feel big difference in launch

The lack of grammar and english are excusable, but apparentley simple math eludes you as well.

If nothing else it will feel faster cause your speedo will read faster than your actual speed.

So have you run your car at the track yet. If not what do you think it will run with the killer gears.

it ran a 14.52 before the gears. hoping as test on the mark have shown 3/10 gain but the reason for the post was after the wider 1/2 lower profile tires the rear breaks loose. the wife has to watch when overdrive and traction are off. just wondering how much a change in final drive ratio 390 ? and yes you are correct the plastic gear was changed with 3;73 change but now off 2 mph after tire swap as per gps

I've run the same tire your asking about. Really the gear change is minimal. If your seeing that the wider tire is spinning more than you have hard rubber tires. The difference should almost offset each other. Most likly the wider tires are harder compound. I've gone thru many rear tires and you can really tell the differrence in some.

What year mark are you dealing with. 14.5 is pretty quick. what other mods?

hey xlrviii if you don't have the answer shut you;r face

EnglishMotherFuker.png

so the wife cant drive 373s, so youre gonna put 390s in????????????? that will make it worse..............

:confused:

it ran a 14.52 before the gears. hoping as test on the mark have shown 3/10 gain but the reason for the post was after the wider 1/2 lower profile tires the rear breaks loose. the wife has to watch when overdrive and traction are off. just wondering how much a change in final drive ratio 390 ? and yes you are correct the plastic gear was changed with 3;73 change but now off 2 mph after tire swap as per gps

Not possible for anyone on this entire site to figure this out. 3/10 gain, 1/2 lower profile tires, OD and traction off, plastic gear changed with 3;73 and 2 mph on a gps.

Also, not trying to be a smart ass or anything but (XLRVIII) grandmothers stock Mark with over 400K miles was faster. I think it was stolen but it was faster.

If you relax your eyes like one of them 3D posters then you can understand it.
He is saying that with his 3.73 gears and lower profile tires that his car behaves as if it had 3.90 gears. He is also asking that since his tires are 1/2" shorter now does that meen that his gear ratio has changed to the point that his 3.73s are the same final drive ratio as 3.90s.... I think.

Well, we all know how confused I can get sometimes so I think I'll stay away from this one cause I have no clue. Sure would like to see the car though. I like pictures.

Dont sweat it. I had to read it several times and take out my Hooked on Ebonics dictonary to figure out what he was saying. :lol:

If you relax your eyes like one of them 3D posters then you can understand it.

Those were awesome!!!

In theory, wouldnt a 245/50/16 have been better?

If you up the width, you have to decrease the height...

And it would make racalibrating the speedo a lot easier

thanks for the chart

to members that have helped thank you for the chart and the tire compond answers. as for as xlrv111 was grandma driving for the 14.15 because you were busy flapping you'r mouth. love the marks great everyday car. but now it's time to take my car out to play 99c5 618 rwp 558 rwt for now can yo hear that xlr loser

Limo, are you slightly retarded? Did your mommy drop you on your head one too many times as a baby?

I only ask because I don't like making fun of mentally challenged people. Sure, they're great to watch when they're working and all, but still.

I'm curious how you're getting more HP than Torque out of a 350 V8 though. Could you explain that to me? I ain't never had me a vehicle with that much torque or HP.

hp vs tq

thank you frog but a member listed a chart conversion. as for you'r question my c5 has a 5.7 with a procharger ps1 and other mods. but when you super charge hp rises above tq. but lets put this thread to bed i don't mind insults as long as you have a answer like you did. as far as xlr insults without answers. thats why i waited to join i have been a fan of lincoln vs cadillac for years and have been filtering out the great minds from the idots example xlr. i'am not here for a pissing match am here to learn.we are on our 3rd mark 8 love em .my 94 mark did 14.25 best with chip, cutting away exhaust and air box mods and sticky street tires and a manual shift. but so you know i'am not a lier here's a dyno of my vette. not bragging just telling the truth she's running to lean right now 60 lbs injectors and bigger in tank pump going in next week. have a good thanks giving.

lastscan.jpg

Last edited:
He don't know me very well, do he...

Limos, XLR is my... protégé when it comes to the way he's acting. Him, and KK. Damned proud of both of them for following in my "footsteps" as it were.

But anyway, enjoy the C5. I mean it. I'd have bought one, (probably a newer ZR1), but I'm too damned short to fit in one. Can't reach the pedals. That, and everyone it seems, has a 'Vette. Dime a dozen and all that.

:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back