What make/model did someone mistake your LS for?

owlman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm at the Ford dealer getting 60k mi service.

Service advisor asks: "This is a Fusion, right?"
"no"
"uh, Taurus?"
"no"
(silence)
(sigh) :bash: "It's a Lincoln LS"

someone once called mine a 2001... when it's clearly a 2002....:rolleyes:

..it's real hard to tell 00 from 02..mines gets confused all the time..the 06's are known because of the round fogs. Can't wait to be able to afford a 06 front bumper..really confuse em'.

my dads girlfriend once thought it to be a mitsubishi diamante. thankfully he's no longer with her.

FYI...06/2nd gen LSE

Mostly...

It's easy to misidentify a car when only about 46K were made per year. Heck, more Mustangs are built per year than the
LS production!!!!!

On more then one occasion I have heard, "That's a [Sick/Awesome/Nice, etc] BMW". My personal favorite was the guy who told me he loved my M5. I just laughed and said it was 'Merican

I was recently at a gas station filling up when some guy came out of the store and yelled "Sick Lincoln man" which amazed me since my grill is blacked out so he must at least know a little about the LS. I've also had several people look at me with shock when I tell them it's an 03. A lot of people tend to think they're much newer - timeless styling of the LS.

I don't have an LS, I have a 2004 CTS and one time my friend told me he liked my DTS. It's not his fault though he knows nothing about Cadillac models, and since pretty much every Cadillac had the abbreviated Touring Sedan (DTS Deville Touring Sedan, CTS Catera Touring Sedan, and etc.) he just went with the first _TS he could think of LOL. If anything people always know my car I guess because of it's distinctive and radical styling for the time. It still attracts a lot of attention, just last year I was traveling out of state and a group of guy were looking at it when I was inside of a convenience store, they were asking me all about it and thought it was so cool. I know people criticize the way the first gen CTS's were styled, but once you really take the time to look at it from different angles and up close it really starts to grow on you, you start to realize and appreciate all the time and effort they put into the design. For all you LS fans out there I will say I don't understand how you could mix up an LS with any other car. I think they are pretty distinctive in styling themselves, defiantly not a Taurus or Fusion.

I was recently at a gas station filling up when some guy came out of the store and yelled "Sick Lincoln man" which amazed me since my grill is blacked out so he must at least know a little about the LS. I've also had several people look at me with shock when I tell them it's an 03. A lot of people tend to think they're much newer - timeless styling of the LS.

I get that on a regular basis. They even ask the price as they are interested in acquiring one!

Most people tell me they look like an olds from the rear end. Got to admit they are not the sportiest looking from the back,. The rear bumper looks too big for the size of car, I wish they had a smaller bumper and smaller tail lights

I may have thrown a shot glass at the last guy that said he wanted to race my "galant" against his Lancer (OZ racing edition, not an Evolution), but only if it wasn't the V6, if I had the V6, I would have to race his buddies "supa fast" bone stock Prelude... I then replied with "dont worry, I can promise you that I don't have the V6 so I'll be your huckleberry.

and yes, they both had their collars popped.

#FukcingOutOfTowners

a little later in the night, the Prelude lost to a three ton dirtymaxx, the owner of the dirtymaxx then offered to re-race him, but this time he would leave the trailer loaded up with a motorless Grand Prix hitched up but the import guys just had to get going, they were already too late from all the messing around...

I get Lincoln Continental frequently, though generally from the back so they can actually read Lincoln. However they miss the LS on the otherside of the decklid...

That seemed to be mostly in TN but I've had it at least once here in CO. I bought the car in OH so we'll see what happens when I move back there this summer.

My next door neighbor thought for years I drove a BMW.

And another person has compared their galant to my LS... Sad face during that one...

When i First got it my uncle and cousins thought i had a BMW but i got lot of people that say NICE GALANT. Stupid

I get Lincoln Continental frequently, though generally from the back so they can actually read Lincoln. However they miss the LS on the otherside of the decklid...

That seemed to be mostly in TN but I've had it at least once here in CO. I bought the car in OH so we'll see what happens when I move back there this summer.

Yep, I live in TN and dude at the custom shop pricing my HID's said he thought it was a Continental.

but Murdered_LS8 Make his LS in A Mitsubishi Galant. for sure
uploadfromtaptalk1387401612286.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1387401612286.jpg

^ouch hahaha , I get the common is that a bmw from some people , but usually people just ask what it is (which I prefer )

actually lots of people don't know about Lincoln LSes. Usually I heard them asking "Lincoln build smaller cars?"

I do agree that it looks like a galant :(

I didn't even know people knew about Continentals to be honest. Most times when I am getting new tires, I say, It's a Lincoln. Their response "Town Car?". Mind you I live in Florida where there are many many LS, Continentals, and few Mark VIIIs now but they always associate Lincoln with Town Car as if that is the only car they make.

When I still had the Razzi kit on my LS. I was filling the LS with gas. Guy pulls up all excited "is that the new Lincoln Continental? I have got to hit the dealer." He tore off. I never got the chance to answer him. I can only imagine him describing my LS with Razzi body kit to the dealer. The dealer thinking the guy is crazy.

A lot of people are shocked, when I tell them it's a 2000.

When I still had the Razzi kit on my LS. I was filling the LS with gas. Guy pulls up all excited "is that the new Lincoln Continental? .............

That's the question/response I get the most....

Never had this happen to me..

But when I was 16 and couldn't afford the lincoln I wanted I bought a galant because it had a similar shape..

And in my old age my eyes must be going because when I see a diamante comming down the road from afar sometimes at first I think it's an LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back