what is going on. UCL installed**

i try not to, and most the time i dont!

especial when its like this. i just have to drive it up to the ford dealer Monday. joy :mad:

Go do some donuts. Maybe reciprocal of what happened to the other guy will happen to you.

Almost? Lol.

Alrigh I will order those. I'm leaning towards the iac!

yeah almost. lol. i can't say for sure obviously, but that stuff prolly needs to be replaced anyways.
my iac was stuck when i replaced mine, it was just stuck in a useful position.

Yea, my car used to do the exact same thing about a year and a half ago... I was working on the car and noticed it was unplugged, didn't know why, so I plugged it back in. Once I did that, the thing idled sky high... I Replaced the IAC (sucked) and reassembled it the throttle body. It still had the high idle... We looked around, it seemed that whenever the previous owner got the IAC to close, they unplugged it, then used the adjustment on the cruise control cable to hold the throttle plates open just a crack. Once I readjusted it, the car was good again. I really did not enjoy replacing that IAC. I took the nuts off the rear transmission mount and jacked the rear of the trans up to tilt the engine forward a little. Then I removed the TB and took it out without removing the cowl.

I plugged the iac inside the TB and it still idled at 2k.

Dont know why but it did.

ok here are my symptoms.

car idles at 2k
car wont shift down to first over 30 MPH at WOT
car wont unlock using the keyless entry. i enter the factory code and the doors wont unlock. but i enter my personal code and the car unlocks.
also the lights on the keypad dont light up. and they where before the car was worked on.

anything guys?

obviously when your dad layed the wrench on to the power wire in the engine bay fuse box something happened. put it on a electrical diagnostic machine. you have electrical problems. check all the fuses again under the hood and in the dash.

Members online

Back