what is going on. UCL installed**

you said your dad arced a wrench on the power lead feeding the distribution box, have you opened the cover on that box and checked all the fuses and the 4 or 5 relays? thats where i would have started. all of them relays are the same, swap one at a time with another one and see if you develope a new problem, or see if the car idles normally if you move the relays around.

i have checked the fuses, but not the relays.

i have also checked for continuity from the MAS, TPS, IAC to the computer. and im getting continuity.

if you unplug your mas will it run like a blown 350 with wicked cams?

if you unplug your mas will it run like a blown 350 with wicked cams?

if i unplug mine it runs funny for a bit and then corrects itself.

it drops back to the base tables in the computer since it doesn't have that input anymore.

take your intake tube off the throttle body and check and see if anything fell down around the throttle body and maybe got caught under your throttle linkage, it seems like something is stuck under the throttle linkage. make sure the rubber gasket around the end of the intake tube to throttle body isnt folded over ar have a gap in it, it has to seat right on the throttle body.

throttle linkage is good. and nothing is in or around TB.

and gasket is seated properly.

If its none of that, I say it time to yank the intake. There MUST be a vac leak if it ran with the IAC blocked.

I am still putting money on the intake plugs.

what blows my mind is the car ran fine, they changed the upper control arms, a suspension item, nothing to do with the car running, and after they are done with the control arms, now the car doesnt run right?????????????? WTF!!!! its like, i had a rear flat tire so i plugged it, and now my power windows wont go up or down?????????????/

Ya. This is a weird one and I think every option has been brought to the table. Vac lines plugged and there is still an issue. IAC blocked, it still runs.

Okay... how about the PCV valve and hose? I know those are tucked away on a Gen one and not very visible. Is the dang thing hooked up right? I can easily see moving those to work on the master cylinder.

Will check on it in the morning. Rest is good.

I agree with Jamie!!!! I guess my car didn't like the new UCA's lol.

Only other problem I'm having and I noticed this, this morning is my car won't shift down to 1st over 30mph

Only other problem I'm having and I noticed this, this morning is my car won't shift down to 1st over 30mph

Your driving the car? Well you probably smoked the trans with the engine holding that RPM.

Hahaha. True :q:q:q:q.

I'm going back into the shop and ripping apart everything I did last Saturday.

take it apart. clean everything.
order a new IAC and TPS from amazon or rock auto. who ever is cheaper today. clean everything. put it together with new gaskets, and i almost guarantee the problem will go away.

Almost? Lol.

Alrigh I will order those. I'm leaning towards the iac!

If you were closer I would love to help. This is one annoying issue!

if i lived closer i would love to take it out in the woods for you and put a stick on the gas pedal and walk out of the woods!!

hahaha, almost walked out with my 460 Weatherby and fixed the problem permanently!!!

taking her up to the ford dealer Tuesday. my shop teachers brother still works there, hope he can fix it.

is it ok to drive with it like this?

Members online

No members online now.
Back