What do you use when you wash your LS?

Love-my-LSV8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a DUMB question, but what does everyone use when they wash and more specifically what kind of wax do you use to keep the car protected? Lots of waxes to chose from and I am little confused by them all. I live in AZ so I would have to get one that can withstand the direct sun and heat. Any suggestions please.

I wash the car with the mr. clean auto dry stuff, wax with meguiar's tech wax.

I just bought two wash mitts and a soap solution called Purple Passion. Used it the first time a couple of days ago and seems to work pretty good. Plan on waxing with Turtle Wax.

Yup you guys are on target, I put my on LVC Tshirt and lambs wool gloves, soap, water and go to town, he loves it! But 1st I spray him with presoak then flip to brush and drip big puffy oozzzing drops of soap from the brush onto Lincoln, don't let bursh ever touch body (mine or my Marks!)!

I use the wet 2 dry Turrt Wx daily, good, but wiill coat heavier for winter.
\
these guys know - no worries!!!

liquid gold or tech wax is the best i am waxing with the gold this morning and will post some pics.

I hand the washers and detailers (they use Meguires) a tip :N

Any high quality car wash solution... NEVER dishwashing liquid!

To wax, I start with...
Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
followed by...
Meguiar's Gold Class
touch up with...
Meguair's ScratchX

AZ Car Care

Love-my-LSV8 said:
Sounds like a DUMB question, but what does everyone use when they wash and more specifically what kind of wax do you use to keep the car protected? Lots of waxes to chose from and I am little confused by them all. I live in AZ so I would have to get one that can withstand the direct sun and heat. Any suggestions please.

Hello fellow Az Lincoln owner! I have two Lincolns, an LS and a Mark VIII. I wash with NuFinish Car Wash with Pure Orange Oil. It makes the water super wet and is very gentle to the finish. I protect the paint with TR3 Resin Glaze, a polymer wax that I have found from 20 years of AZ experience and 14 different new cars, holds up the longest in the desert. I used to use pure carnuba wax but it just doesn't last. If you like to wax your car a lot, I mean frequently, like every month, then carnuba is the way to go. I don't have time for that. I'm no chemist, but my experience shows me the new paints like the polymer based waxes the best and over time that shows. Multiple coats are adviseable, be sure to really clean the paint first with a good product to remove all the imbedded junk, maybe consider using a clay bar, I had to clay my Mark when I got it, by the time I finished the hood and front cowl the clay bar was totally junked and I had to start a new one for the rest of the car, that's how contaminated the paint was (you can actually see in the clay the crap coming out off of your paint!). Now I still get compliments on it even when it's dirty, cause the paint looks so liquid and deep (I have the tri-coat Pearlescent Pearl).

SurfjaxLS said:
I wash the car with the mr. clean auto dry stuff, wax with meguiar's tech wax.

mr clean as good as it says? does it dry spotless?

JPsBored said:
I don't think it's as good as they say, but it works well. If you miss any spots, it won't autodry, so you have to get them with a towel. Other than that, I think it's good.

SurfjaxLS said:
I don't think it's as good as they say, but it works well. If you miss any spots, it won't autodry, so you have to get them with a towel. Other than that, I think it's good.

i ussually take mine to a old school car wash hand it over they vacuum, pre wash than send it thru and u walk inside watchin ur ride get clean,, kinda cool.

at end they do the windows and rag dry it.

all for 13$ (only bad part, lil guatamalin dudes stinks in ur car,,lol)

get home hit it with meguirs wheel cleaner than shine up tires,, than dust up interior, and its done.

havnt waxed it yet but been lookin at Zaino brothers products,, plan to try them out.

JPsBored said:
i ussually take mine to a old school car wash hand it over they vacuum, pre wash than send it thru and u walk inside watchin ur ride get clean,, kinda cool.

at end they do the windows and rag dry it.

all for 13$ (only bad part, lil guatamalin dudes stinks in ur car,,lol)

get home hit it with meguirs wheel cleaner than shine up tires,, than dust up interior, and its done.

havnt waxed it yet but been lookin at Zaino brothers products,, plan to try them out.

lol! i go to this car wash in east providence that is the same way except its mexicans that run that one.. anyways i use meguiars gold class wash on my car, and just regular degresser for the wheels, suprisingly it cleans it real well. As far as wax Meguiars high tech pro wax 3 step is what i use and inbetween 3 steps i use just plain old meguiars cleaner wax. All work very well...

hey i havent washed my car in about 2 weeks i have been so busy and i notcied that my paint is filthy it has these hard dirt spots on them...is this ruining my paint, i am washing and waxing my car tomorrow

SurfjaxLS said:

Any residue from long-term use? I noticed a little on my black Mustang. Now I just use Meguiars. Our water sucks here though... I use a blade then chaomis to wipe parts missed. Any drop missed is a semi-permanent mark!

The last two times I washed the Mustang, I did it in the rain. It looks great! Must be the extra acid in the rain. :)

i go to the regular drive thru car wash, then polish with texh wax.pics below. i live in florida.

Last edited:
lsbit said:
Any residue from long-term use? I noticed a little on my black Mustang. Now I just use Meguiars. Our water sucks here though... I use a blade then chaomis to wipe parts missed. Any drop missed is a semi-permanent mark!

The last two times I washed the Mustang, I did it in the rain. It looks great! Must be the extra acid in the rain. :)
I have a white car, so I can't tell very well. There doesn't seem to be any residue though.

SurfjaxLS said:
I have a white car, so I can't tell very well. There doesn't seem to be any residue though.

Put a claybar to it, and you'll be surprised. I did that to my ceramic white metallics LS, and I about fainted.

Dirty than a Lil' Kim video.

:dj:

Bacurus said:
Put a claybar to it, and you'll be surprised. I did that to my ceramic white metallics LS, and I about fainted.

Dirty than a Lil' Kim video.

:dj:
where do u get the clay bars from?

Wash with Meguiars NXT Tech Wash or Gold Class followed by clay bar to remove fallout and contaminants, followed by Mezerna Intesive polish if required for scratches or swirls, followed by Menzerna Final Polish II for glass like finish.

Then Klasse ALL In One cleaner, and then 2 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze (acrylic).

Top with a coat of Pinnacle Souveran wax...

FLAWLESS

Check premiumautocaredotcom

carside_edited.jpg

majsmith said:
Wash with Meguiars NXT Tech Wash or Gold Class followed by clay bar to remove fallout and contaminants, followed by Mezerna Intesive polish if required for scratches or swirls, followed by Menzerna Final Polish II for glass like finish.

Then Klasse ALL In One cleaner, and then 2 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze (acrylic).

Top with a coat of Pinnacle Souveran wax...

FLAWLESS

Check premiumautocaredotcom

...once a week. :D :D

i used to manage a car wash here so i go up there and get free washes every saturday then come home and wax it. i try to get to her at least once every 2 weeks if not weekly. i use meguirs cleaner wax, then a coat of turtle wax, then i use a buffer and buff it off. i think im gonna stop buffing it, its been leaving little marks.

I wash my car using a product from Sunstar called SUDS-X (we buy from a chemical truck in my detail department). On the wheels, I use a product called Kleensall and a bug sponge and clean the wheels and tires and the inside of the wheels.

When I originally bought the car, I clayed it, buffed it with a wool pad and compound.....foam pad and machine polish.....hand glaze (all from 3M).......and Meguirs gold class wax. I wax my car once every 3 months with that. Otherwise, I use a wax/polish on it in between waxings to keep the paint prestine.

Most any wax will do you good as long as you prepare the surface like I did........and another thing to keep in mind, the more you wash your car, the more you should wax it because you're just washing off the wax with each pass of the wash mit. There are different waxes that work better than others on different colors (for example, on dark colored cars which will show scratches more than light colored cars, you would be best off using a wax that hardens when it dries as this will better fill in finer scratches).

JPsBored said:
It works fairly well, as long as you follow the directions and use lots of water. I use it because I'm on a well, and my outdoor hydrant provides hard water (calcium spots are a royal pain in the arse to remove).

I was warned that you need to keep the car wet while you're using it, or the polymers in the soap/wax mixture will set up on the glass, providing a nasty mess. I've managed to keep the entire car wet while I was using it, so I haven't run into that one.

Members online

Back