what do you guys think about Xo-Vision indash radios?

02LS8Lincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I see they've got a special on these dvd players at wal-mart what do you guys think about em? They are cheap and Im a believer on that saying, "You get what you pay for" but really are they bad headunits? If anyone can put some light on this subject.

They suck. Lousy processors, cheapest screens, terriable skip protection, low signal/quality pre amp stage, crappy internal amp.

You want DVD then stick with Alpine, Pioneer, Eclipse, Kenwood, Clarion etc etc

They suck. Lousy processors, cheapest screens, terriable skip protection, low signal/quality pre amp stage, crappy internal amp.

You want DVD then stick with Alpine, Pioneer, Eclipse, Kenwood, Clarion etc etc

Yeah what he said except for the Kenwood part. Kenwood sucks, sorry if this offends Kenwood owners.LOL:D

Yeah what he said except for the Kenwood part. Kenwood sucks, sorry if this offends Kenwood owners.LOL:D

Traded my kenwood excelon 20 or 25th anniversary head unit (dvd nav) for a pioneer premier head unit, 2 12" pioneer premier subs, Dual port box,1400watt amp, and 2g install kit, one of my favorite trades:D tore my car apart, while remaining crisp

I am not a Kenwood fan. I have installed more Kenwood decks then any other brand, at least 1500 of them. Never liked their screens or their sound quality but they seem to work well and last. Used to hate it when someone insisted on the cheapest deck we had. Was always some POS Kenwood for $100.
To get good quality (display and audio) from Kenwood you need to have eaither their top deck or the one right below it.

i am an installer and i have put one of those in and it was just a cheap unit stick with something good.

btw kenwood is one of the best hu on the market i install them every day and never have a problem out of them. They are easy to use and easy to add things such as sat radio or bluetooth. You dont have to tap into the harness for power unlike 90% of the other brands on the market.

Yeah, Kenwoods last and are easy to add their add ons but their DVD screens are garbage unless you get the best one and their sound quality is on par with Sony and the sub $200 Clarions.

all we do at my shop is the exelon which i think is a good unit. I have installed pretty much anything on the market and it is one of the better units i have used. I will agree about there lower levels they only have mostly 2 2 volt pre outs which sucks but we dont mess with them much.

Yeah, my shop was a Clarion/Kenwood/Alpine/Pioneer/Rockford/Eclipse dealer (for decks) and when I did a better system it was always a Pioneer/Alpine/Eclips or Rockford and the lessor systems were always the Kenwoods. I have onlt installed a couple dozen high end systems with the better Kenwood decks. They were alright. When I swapped out Kenwwods top deck in a Durango with a Pioneer 9800 is when I decided Pioneer was my favorite. The system sounded so much better it was like going from cassette to CD. That system was all JL slash series amps, Boston Z series components and a pair of 13W7s and not only did the highs become more detailed but the bass hit way way harder.

yeah i have a pioneer in my car now but i am debating on changing it out to something else and we are a jl signature dealer and also do boston which is my favorite for the money. Not a big fan of alpine just because everytime u add something to them it never works rite which drives me crazy because i have to pull it back out all the time. Do u still do audio.

I do it for friends and all but I dont work at a shop here. We only have 2 small shops and its the owner doing the installs at both places. I was at Tsunami Electronics in Maui for years. We were rated the top install place in the state. :D I think we were also the number one Kenwood retailer for the West. I hate Kenwood stuff. I have had to warenty swap out so many freakin Kenwood amps its rediculous.
But I am a Boston and JL man myself. My last car was JL components and a 10W7, this Mark has Boston Acoustic Pro components and a Boston G5 10" sub all powered off a first gen Xtant 3300c. Love my setup.

We dont do there amps and speakers unless someone wants something really cheap there amps are pretty much just paper weights. I am a beliver in boston and jl. But i like boston the best out of any of them.

Boy, we have some Kenwood haters in here lol. I like my Excelon but I also don't do the DVD or navigation thing either. I have never had a problem with any Kenwood deck I have owned except when the cassette went out of date. I don't travel so there is no need for me to have navigation because I know where I am and where I'm going and I'm not in the car long enough to watch a DVD and I'm not putting screens in my headrest because no one is back there.

I can say that I would never mess with the normal Kenwood but Excelon has some good internal components for the price. I wouldn't want anything Kenwood has to offer besides the deck though. As for screens and such, I have no idea which has the best picture.

Subs, JL only for me and always will be. I'm soon to remove the Kicker amps and replace with JL's also.

The single best display is Pioneer Z series. No deck has better resolution or faster pixles. I love JL subs too, have installed them in almost everything. I even did a reg cab Nissan with a pair of 8W7s and it sounded like a pair of 12"s :D
I had never tried the Boston G5 before and am glad I now did. I know it can put out more then a 12W6 and prolly within 2 db of a 10w7 but it sounds better then eaither of the JLs :wrench

i have a xo-vision dvd player installed in my pops suburban and its ok... but i got a double din pioneer in my 2005 l.s. it doesnt have the mem. processor because if they over heat it gets ugly with the dash fuses....

Members online

No members online now.
Back