What do we do for a living??

well Im a student so for now Im selling tires and alway looking for a new job. selling tires sucks, why do people think every thing is my falt. I just sell the sh!t, I used to work on cars, but the $$ selling is a little better and a lot less busted fingers. some day I would like to own an outfitter, backbacking, hunting, fishing, ext... that is what I live for(and cars).

Dutch said:
didjital|, what's your golf web site?

You can take a look at our oldest site at www.customizedgolfballs.com which is what we got our start with HOWEVER!!- it got a new face lift, more products and is actually about to re-launch by the end of this week with tons of new products! So you can see basically the products in the current site are rare, since we took out all discontinued gear and left the most popular balls.

Our speciality are laser inscribed custom logo and personalized balls and mostly in larger quantities. Perhaps LVC can personalize some balls and put names on the other sides of the logos! I don't know about printing the lincoln logo though i'd have to check on the licensing.

By the end of this week, or mid next it'll be an entirely new site, and new product lines, check it out!

P.S One interesting bit of information most don't know about and i'll throw it in here as my useless fact o' the day -- But Jaguar also makes horse saddles not just cars! (We sell them on the other site).

didjital| said:
You can take a look at our oldest site at www.customizedgolfballs.com which is what we got our start with HOWEVER!!- it got a new face lift, more products and is actually about to re-launch by the end of this week with tons of new products! So you can see basically the products in the current site are rare, since we took out all discontinued gear and left the most popular balls.

Our speciality are laser inscribed custom logo and personalized balls and mostly in larger quantities. Perhaps LVC can personalize some balls and put names on the other sides of the logos! I don't know about printing the lincoln logo though i'd have to check on the licensing.

By the end of this week, or mid next it'll be an entirely new site, and new product lines, check it out!

P.S One interesting bit of information most don't know about and i'll throw it in here as my useless fact o' the day -- But Jaguar makes saddles not just cars!
Golf...did someone say GOLF!! Oh my! That is my first passion! Forget the LS and just let me play golf!! I've played ever since I was in the 5th grade. Great looking site for golf balls. Have you checked out www.4gea.com? That place is awesome and I spend about as much time there as here.

Maybe we can work a deal on some golf balls like Pro V1's or something. I'm a 4 handicap so I must not work much huh? :Beer

GrayGhost1 said:
Golf...did someone say GOLF!! Oh my! That is my first passion! Forget the LS and just let me play golf!! I've played ever since I was in the 5th grade. Great looking site for golf balls. Have you checked out www.4gea.com? That place is awesome and I spend about as much time there as here.

Maybe we can work a deal on some golf balls like Pro V1's or something. I'm a 4 handicap so I must not work much huh? :Beer

I browse 4GEA fairly often!

Yeah we can pretty much get any balls, right now we carried only a few manufacturers as we started so we didn't get ahead of ourselves, but the system is down pat and warehousing will be in place to order and store it all, so the new site / look is the first step toward that phase 2 !!

P.S - A 4 handicap is pretty dangerous in a money per hole in match play! I see the NationWide Tour then PGA in your future! hehe.

didjital| said:
P.S - A 4 handicap is pretty dangerous in a money per hole in match play! I see the NationWide Tour then PGA in your future! hehe.
Funny you ask that. That has been a dream of mine for a long time. Someday to play golf for a living! :dancefool

Wow, alot of Hawkeye fans here.

I'm 21 and am a technician at a Ford dealership here just east of Iowa City for you Hawkeye guys.

Goal someday to is to each college level auto mechanics, one can't do a phsycial job forever.

DLS8K - You work for Carosel I take it? :) Small world sometimes. You might find me down at the Monthly cruise ins at Sycamore mall....

what about real estate? how is it? is it easy to get your liscense? anyone with info. pm me, im tryn to find a nitch/ career

Well Lets see I am a licensed insurance agent, and a Service Advisor at a Ford Dealership here in reno, and as for golf FFFFORE!!!!!!!!!! :give

20yrs old, full time customer service at a family owned manufacturing company. started as receptionist 2 1/2 years ago, still here, only now its entering/expediting orders/whatever else for the same company...
also a graphic design student. this is my 3rd year attending this college trying to get my associates! :( (gimme a break, its tough working full time & going to school trying to be creative & come home & do homework when its all said & done!!!) after the associates, going for the bachelors... we'll see. no "real" career yet...

oh yeah, i just applied for a second job (cashiering at home depot/expo) to make some extra money this summer while i'm only taking one class. maybe i will be able to afford tires for my car!! YAY!!! :) this will be my 1st time ever working 2 jobs.

Putter-GLHT said:
Wow, alot of Hawkeye fans here.

I'm 21 and am a technician at a Ford dealership here just east of Iowa City for you Hawkeye guys.
DLS8K - You work for Carosel I take it? :) Small world sometimes. You might find me down at the Monthly cruise ins at Sycamore mall....

What town do you work in and where you from Putter? When I lived in Iowa City I took my LS to Carosel only one time and never took it back there, sorry I didn't like the work done or the service people. Got better treatment at Lynch in Mt. Vernon. And the Dealer out here in Indy couldn't be better.

I am 29 years old with some college. I work at the headquarters for the parent company that owns Dr Pepper. I like / dis-like. Pay is good so cant really complain. Pays for all of toys.

Hawk03 said:
What town do you work in and where you from Putter? When I lived in Iowa City I took my LS to Carosel only one time and never took it back there, sorry I didn't like the work done or the service people. Got better treatment at Lynch in Mt. Vernon. And the Dealer out here in Indy couldn't be better.

Im 24 and work at an autoparts store. Pretty fun job good pay with a laid back environment. Been married 3yrs and have 2 kids. For extra cash I run a recording studio. Btw I got the hook up on parts!!!

BUCKEYE Fan here!!

26 yrs old VP of my fathers machining, toolmaking, moldmaking, and or special machinery shop. Sorry we do so much I hate to say machine shop. Used to bartend for almost 6 yrs but had to hang it up to run this company. Have a associates degree in industrial engineering and in business. My gf just moved into my new house this past weekend and soon I will be married. Golf is OK but cars are my passion, I own a 1967 E-Type Jaguar that is 100% orignal restoration and I show it all summer. http://xkedata.com/gallery/zoom/?id=9701 Here is a pic of my baby!

-Scott-

When I started my undergrad I was a Bio Chemistry major thinking of getting into medicine. Was doing ok, then got involved helping out (ok Dave and Bryan I'm waiting for something on this) with Special Olympics and had a blast.

After spending a month shadowing my old family doctor I found out that I loved the science and the thrill of working with the guts of people. Got to put my hands in a living human, held the organs of another it was wild, I could not stand the attitudes of the patients. Thought it's not worth it the patient would drive me crazy.

Went back to school the following semester and talked to my advisor and said I am not sure I want to continue in this field. He asked me what I wanted to do and I said I really not sure. So there was a Prof walking buy and he said here go with this guy. I said sure ok, and found my self preparing to be a teacher.

Love it do not regret ever becoming a teacher.

27 yr young, going on 18..lol.. engaged to be married exact date to be determined still, but work as a mechanical engineer for a supplier for Caterpillar and for few other tractor companies such as Elliot, Tramac, and Agco, we don't do much for John Deere, mostly all caterpillar which is Better... lol.. just kidding Bboyd, Cat doesn't make ag. tractors no more, left that to john deere. Like what i do keeps me busy, sometimes too busy when we have growing years like the past 2 years but when economy slows down is when it hurts for this type of job cause no one wants to buy heavy machinery for some reason.. lol ..

I work for the largest Caterpillar dealer in Florida. I have been in the industry for 26 years. At this branch 13 years. I'm a trainer for Parts. So it can be alot of fun trianing people that don't have a clue about parts, or even an IC engine for the most part. But it's a great place to work. If you have to work. I'd rather be palying Golf too.http://www.ringpower.com/

All you youngsters

I am 44 years old. Graduated from Diesel School in 1978. Started out as an auto mechanic, moved to millwrighting, and then due to an auto accident I turned my hobby, computers, into a full time money making gig. I am now the CSO of the Digestive Disease Institute. I have traveled the world setting up wireless networks and breaking into other peoples supposedly secure networks. I have met some of the Saudi Royals as well as the Royal Family of Dubai. I have two kids. One 21 and the other 5. Single father for the past 12 years, even though that is about to change.

The thing that keeps me coming back to this list is the diversity of the people who are on the list. Lots of opinions, very few attitudes.

Staff Sergeant, United States Air Force. My actual job title is as an Integrated Avionics Technician on aircraft. However, for the last three years I have worked as a Communications Support Team member for Headquarters Air Mobility Command's (HQ AMC) Tanker Airlift Control Element (TALCE). A Tanker Airlift Control Element is a deployed Air Mobility Command organization established at fixed, en route, and deployed locations where AMC operational support is non-existent or insufficient. The TALCE provides continuing on-site management of AMC airfield operations including command and control, communications, aerial port services, maintenance, security, weather, and intelligence -- those critical elements needed to ensure safe and highly efficient air base for all tanker and airlift operations, A TALCE is composed of mission support elements from various units and deploys in support of contingency/emergency relief operations on both a planned and "no-notice" basis. At my Current job I perform a variety of services including:

High Freqency Radio (like a HAM radio) program manager
Director of Mobility Forces Communications Support
Security Forces Augmentee (Military Police)
Hazardous Materials Waste Manager
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) technician
Power Generation Technician
Network Systems Administrator
FCC Certified Radio Repair Technician
FAA Certified Aircraft Maintenance Technician

So, itsnotmydaddys if you want experience...maybe the Air Force Might be what you're looking for. Maybe not...but check them out at. www.airforce.com After all...where else can you build a resume like that?

I work two part time jobs right now, one as an office manager for a construction company and I am also a waitress at night. I just graduated college Saturday with a Bachelor of Science degree in business banking and finance. So now I am looking for a good full time job.

bufordtpisser said:
I am 44 years old. Graduated from Diesel School in 1978. Started out as an auto mechanic, moved to millwrighting, and then due to an auto accident I turned my hobby, computers, into a full time money making gig. I am now the CSO of the Digestive Disease Institute. I have traveled the world setting up wireless networks and breaking into other peoples supposedly secure networks. I have met some of the Saudi Royals as well as the Royal Family of Dubai. I have two kids. One 21 and the other 5. Single father for the past 12 years, even though that is about to change.

The thing that keeps me coming back to this list is the diversity of the people who are on the list. Lots of opinions, very few attitudes.

Youngsters...I got you beat, try 1974...LOL I'm 49 !!!

Slow91z said:
24 Years old and serving my country...Let's hear it for the Air Force.

Whatcha do??

26 years old, and same as above. Been in the Air Force for 8 years now, hoping (praying) I made E6 this year. KC-10 Boom Operator. Yes, I'm the guy that puts the pole in the hole. :dancefool

I've amassed 3200 flying hours, 500+ of that being combat hours since 9/11/01. In addition, I'm also a wing scheduler. Think of it as management, only I manage aircraft, not people.

Fastbird said:
Whatcha do??

26 years old, and same as above. Been in the Air Force for 8 years now, hoping (praying) I made E6 this year. KC-10 Boom Operator. Yes, I'm the guy that puts the pole in the hole. :dancefool

I've amassed 3200 flying hours, 500+ of that being combat hours since 9/11/01. In addition, I'm also a wing scheduler. Think of it as management, only I manage aircraft, not people.

Ugh...KC-10's...dang Gucci boys... :N

-From a ex KC-135 guy

Members online

No members online now.
Back