What do we do for a living??

Dartastic

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I hope that doesnt come across as being nosey. Im just really curious at how diverse the group is. Im 38 and been with Pacific Gas and Electric for 20 years. Distribution Operator. I manage the power lines in most of Silicon Valley. Married 9 years and have 4.5 kids! :eek2:

I'm lucky enough to be a student. So now real job for me right now, or anytime soon hopefully.

im a 21 yr old, ex student, i got a football scholarship to southwest mo, and went to southeast, and then went to a community college. schools not really for me. right now im a painter, and yes the ls is my painters "truck". im looking everyday for a new job but u need experience everywhere but no one will give it to u. SO anyone is stl hiring look my way. and ur not being noisey i was wondering this as well.

Pretty cool idea Dart, should be an interesting array of answers!

I for one actually am 24 and have two online businesses, one being a Golf Store, the other is an Equestrian site that my fiance and I both run.
(She Designs im the Coder! haha)

Those have really taken off well in the past year, so they keep things interesting most of the time! My 9-5 day job is another company I helped start and co-own that specializes in designing specific online marketing strategies for various types of online stores and websites.

(After all the hard work the LS was a little paid in full bonus for myself! :D)

-DIDJI

Dartastic said:
I hope that doesnt come across as being nosey. Im just really curious at how diverse the group is. Im 38 and been with Pacific Gas and Electric for 20 years. Distribution Operator. I manage the power lines in most of Silicon Valley. Married 9 years and have 4.5 kids! :eek2:
I'm currently a 22 year old University of Iowa student completing my degree in Communication Studies and a minor in Business Administration. I have one more semester left until i graduate. When I am not in class, I am working at a Audi, VW, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz dealership as a detail assis. manager.

itsnotmydaddys said:
im a 21 yr old, ex student, i got a football scholarship to southwest mo, and went to southeast, and then went to a community college. schools not really for me. right now im a painter, and yes the ls is my painters "truck". im looking everyday for a new job but u need experience everywhere but no one will give it to u. SO anyone is stl hiring look my way. and ur not being noisey i was wondering this as well.

Too bad you arent in my area. My mom and I both work for PG&E and have well respected names and reputations with the company. Excellent references.

I'm a 22 year old property manager in Ottawa, Ontario... I'm also a university student studying Law and Political Science... I like my job, hate my school... But almost done, so I'm happy.

didjital| said:
Pretty cool idea Dart, should be an interest array of answers!

I for one actually am 24 and have two online businesses, one being a Golf Store, the other is an Equestrian site that my fiance and I both run.
(She Designs im the Coder! haha)

Those have really taken off well in the past year, so they keep things interesting most of the time! My 9-5 day job is another company I helped start and co-own that specializes in designing specific online marketing strategies for various types of online stores and websites.

(After all the hard work the LS was a little paid in full bonus for myself! :D)

-DIDJI

Congrats!! Ive been trying to think of some kind of startup myself. Wife just opened a daycare. I love it. Free daycare for my kids!

I am a regional Sales Manager for a software company that develops and sells a Distributed iSCSI SAN technology.

I'm an engineer for John Deere C&CE. My other ride is a Deere!

graduated 2001 went to college full ride for football/crew joined the navy yr and a half later, got hurt in BUD school..... I now work full time for American Express as a corporate travel counselor, and i also participate in full contact fighting. I am actually interviewing at Quicken on monday as a web mortgage banker, I work for Carrol Bollo real estate company, and i'll leave my other job out.. ;)

I teach! 23 years - 6th Grade Expert on Puberty! Nice seeing threads like this. LvC's only a little over 1 year old and threads like this use to be more common. But now that we have many more new members and the LS crowd is growing it's good to see threads like this come back. :Beer

I am the owner opertor of Lincolnmotorsport as well as IMR Graphic Concepts. We do all major work on all makes and models of vehicles here at the shop, but specialize in Lincolns. IMR is our graphics and web/logo design company. There we do everything from full on websites, menus, business cards, logos, even printing.

I am 25 yrs old and am currenty in an "early retirement." I quit my job back home which I had since I was in college, the job got old and it wasn't what I wanted to do for a living. I have been out in Indiapolis looking for a new career so if anyone knows of anything in this area you should let me go. On a side note I went to the Indy Speedway today to watch some Indy cars pratice, I must it was very impressive. Loud and fast. Awesome...

I am 25 y/o and am the Manager of the Pepsi Co Packaging lab at our R&D Facility. Been an interesting road, started after college with Tropicana. and now am back in chicago (where I grew up)

Since were talking about careers, how did eveyone get their careers. as i said b4 im a painter and i hate it. what should i do to get a career besides schooling, people wont give u 2 secs. without a degree. anyone know any openings in the st. louis area, willing to do anyhting besides paint. ive checked all the job sited and nothing. is anyone a car salemen if so pm me, i have some ?s.

I'm 29 years old, married 4 years. No kids yet, but do have a great Boxer (might as well be a kid :) ). Graduated from NC State University with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. I manage a group of process engineers for Milliken and Company as well as help manage and market my wife's interior design business.

i'm a university student taking political science and business admin. my main source of income is a part-time job in an emergency room where quite frankly, i'm a doctor's bitch. on the side i co-owned a company which is now gone, i'm thinking of starting another. i also want to get into real estate this summer as i hope to get into law school and become a real estate lawyer.

I guess most of you think I do the LS Koncepts thing full time...Wrong! I actually work as a Facilities Manager/Environmental, Health and Safety Officer for a robotics company named Remotec (www.remotec-andros.com). Our parent company is Northrop Grumman which is the second largest defense contractor for the military. I have an Industrial Engineering degree and have been working in my field for close to 15 years. I started LS Koncepts only on a whim. It just got bigger as I added more aftermarket products for the LS. Will it last? Who knows but I have a great career and love both jobs I'm doing right now.

I'm a lawyer.

'snotmydaddy's, it's a shame you're in MO, I need a painter...
I just sort of fell into my career. I never wanted to go to law school, but I was at Arizona State getting a political science degree and soon to be married, and it sort of dawned on me that there was no way I'd ever be able to provide for a family with a political science degree. Someday, I hope to find a way to make a living with it, but for now and the foreseeable future I'm stuck.

Don't feel like you need to go to college to make a living. Nothing wrong with trade school, and there are still plenty of ways to get through life without a degree. Do what you like.

didjital|, what's your golf web site?

itsnotmydaddys said:
Since were talking about careers, how did eveyone get their careers. as i said b4 im a painter and i hate it. what should i do to get a career besides schooling, people wont give u 2 secs. without a degree. anyone know any openings in the st. louis area, willing to do anyhting besides paint. ive checked all the job sited and nothing. is anyone a car salemen if so pm me, i have some ?s.

Hey man all I can say is don't give up looking for something you want. I am in the same boat as you. I do have a college degree from the University of Iowa, I've been out of school a year and half and still haven't found anything what I supposedly went to school for. The college degree really hasn't helped to much so far. If you don't mind people and dealing with money I suggest getting a job at a bank. There are many different ways to go, you might have to be a teller for a while but growth is always a possibility within banking.

Members online

No members online now.
Back