What do we do for a living??

bufordtpisser said:
The thing that keeps me coming back to this list is the diversity of the people who are on the list. Lots of opinions, very few attitudes.

:I

Even if you think that there are large battles in the political threads the membes there have great respect for all (even when it gets a little hot).

I know Bryan, Freefaller and I don't always see eye to eye with our current administration but I respect all of our service men and what they offer our country.

Bryan and I are very good friends and enjoy getting together when ever possible

Fastbird said:
Whatcha do??
I've amassed 3200 flying hours, 500+ of that being combat hours since 9/11/01. In addition, I'm also a wing scheduler. Think of it as management, only I manage aircraft, not people.

Thats awesome, all I have is about 35 hours in small cessnas. I love flying though I hope to pick up where I left off sometime soon.

I manage a publicly owned treatment plant.

FreeFaller said:
Ugh...KC-10's...dang Gucci boys... :N

-From a ex KC-135 guy

I trained on the KC-135. Totalled 9 flights and 47 hours. Does that count?? :biggrin:

I've also logged C-130 (ACM) and F-16 (ACM) time.

ACM = Additional Crew Member

F-16?? Incentive flight or Good ol' boy network? I got an incetive in an F-15E back at Mountain Home. That was a friggin riot... :woowoo2:

I am 24 yrs old and I was in the Marines for 4yrs. after that I started my own company. I deal in collections and recovery ( ooh fun argueing all the time!!) I deal mainly in the medical field in Worker's comp claims. Person gets hurt... needs treatment.... Insurance company wont pay..... so it goes to court and that's were I come in. I negotiate with both sides and get them to agree on a monetary(sp) settlement and then I take 13% as my payoff. I also run an interpreting business with my wife (of one week) that was a hell of a yr planning that one!!! anyway back to the subject we run the other business as well in the San Deigo area alot of ppl speach Spanish as there first language so we contract with area Doctors and provide them with interpreters for ther patients. And we bill the insurance company. It's good money... we are also looking into starting a new business in the later part of this year. It will be a safe company that sells high end safes to some of the higher income regions in our area. Sorry for the long post.....

Im 20 years old i am starting college finally grad high school in 2003 and im a product manager / sales rep for a nitrous company here in florida so if anyone wants nitrous let me know I work for Ny-Trex its the new way of nitrous but i wont go into in on this post
and P.S. No my daddy and mommy didnt pay for the LS I DID/Do

FreeFaller said:
Shoot, you're a good guy Rich...I don't care what Bryan says :N

Love it LOL!!! Some day you'll have to get together with Bryan and I. It's fun!

Heck you have to get together with all of us in the Midwest Chapter LOL! :Beer :Beer :Beer

26 yrs. old, married, no kids, one dog. Work as a Senior Collateral Analsyst for Credit Suisse First Boston in NC, an Investment company. I am the person that arranges payment for huge million dollar corporate loans and to make sure they are paid off. Currently, also pursuing two Master's degrees from UNC. Will have them in early '07. Bachelor's from Penn State in Mgmt. Science and Info. Systems. Used to sell cars when I was in school so can give you give all the inside dope that only the dealers know. That's about it for now.

FreeFaller said:
F-16?? Incentive flight or Good ol' boy network? I got an incetive in an F-15E back at Mountain Home. That was a friggin riot... :woowoo2:

Incentive. I got to log the time because I was already a flight crew member. I still have that AF Form 791. I did a really high profile Centaf SAAM back in May of 01, Moved Generald Wald and pretty much ALL of the middle eastern Chiefs of Staff to Brussels Belguim. I got my ride on August 28th, 2001, and of the whole crew, was the ONLY one who got the ride.

Best time I've ever had. EVER.

FreeFaller said:
I was wondering what that smell was...
What smell?

DSCN3064_stink.jpg

I live halfway between Iowa City and West Branch. I work at West Branch Ford, obviously in West Branch.

We only have 4 techs and 1 lube dude out there, so its pretty easy to know who's working on your car. Pretty laid back with a 60$/hr shop rate as opposed to Iowa City's over 90$/hr.

How long is left on your drag car project? I read the site a while ago and its looking like a mean car.

I'm 24, Engaged and no kids (thank god). I have an Associates in Electronics and am 7 classes from a BS in computer science. I'm currently working as a mechanical/electrical engineering tech for TI Automotive/Walbro. Spend alot of time doing product development of fuel pumps.

Putter-GLHT said:
I live halfway between Iowa City and West Branch. I work at West Branch Ford, obviously in West Branch.
QUOTE]

I am originally from Tipton. Graduated from highschool there then went to Iowa.

I am 54 yrs old and work as an electronic systems analyst for the National Weather Service. This means I am responsible for all electronics (radars, radios, networks, and computers). I have 3 kids. 1 is a navy officer, 1 is an officer in the Marines and my daughter goes to college.
I joined the navy in 1969 and stayed for 6 yrs. Became a police officer for 2 yrs and switched career fields back into electronics. I retired from the Navy reserves as a chief petty officer in 1994.
Now I am pretty much busy at work and doing my hobbies.

Doug

I'm a 45 year old designer, I run a Catia CAD station designing automotive inspection fixtures. The company I works for builds gages to check any automotive panel, sheet metal or plastic. I started building gages in 1979. In 1983 I was Crew Leader/CMM operator and I built the gages to check the 'A' pillar on the original Mark VII's. An interesting note the fixture was a dual purpose gage for the Mark VII and the T-bird. The Mark VII post had more holes to run and mount wiring(suprize,suprize) but the form was identical.
:Beer

I am 28 years old. Married 8 years to my best friend, with a 7 year old son, and an 12 day old baby girl (we took a little break in between, huh?). I own a multimedia production company that i started a few years back. I produce TV / Video programming, create websites, DVDs, streaming media, etc. Kinda rough seeing as I live in rural area, but I am hoping to get more freelance work from people / businesses in larger areas. Anybody require any of my services? :)

I'm a 16 year old who currently works at Taco Bell AKA Toxic Hell :) and details cars for fun, and in the summer I do construction work with my godfather. And is looking for a new car after I got rear ended on 4/20.

I'm 20, drive a Lincoln Mark VIII - my second Lincoln. I'm in east-central Pennsylvania going to school at Penn State University for communications, hope to then go to law school. Currently I work in radio, doing a bit of everything at 2 local stations, I'm on the air live 6 days per week and handle programming for our adult contemporary FM station.

Leaving the radio station soon to transfer to one of two places... a data processing company as a member of their in house tech staff (did I mention I have some IT certifications as well?) or to a top secret project at a large local media company (serisously - its top secret - only the owner of the company, me, and one other person even know anything about it) - I have the oppritunity to get in on the start-up of this company's latest venture as the operations manager. Both are up in the air, I'm anxisoulsy awaiting news from both places.

Live at home with my parents and never see them... I'm asleep when they leave, and they're asleep when I get home. lol

My girlfriend is a pick-up truck girl but she totally understands my Lincoln obession! We've been together for about 2 years.

shltn said:
I am 28 years old. Married 8 years to my best friend, with a 7 year old son, and an 12 day old baby girl (we took a little break in between, huh?). I own a multimedia production company that i started a few years back. I produce TV / Video programming, create websites, DVDs, streaming media, etc. Kinda rough seeing as I live in rural area, but I am hoping to get more freelance work from people / businesses in larger areas. Anybody require any of my services? :)

congrats on the baby girl!!! :Beer

the_continental_kid said:
My girlfriend is a pick-up truck girl but she totally understands my Lincoln obession! We've been together for about 2 years.
You gotta love those pick-up truck girls!!

Members online

Back