What do we do for a living??

I'm an under grad at the university of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), I'm a biology major with a concentration in biomedical sciences and a minor in chemistry. I've done under grad research in breast cancer and had plans of attending medical school but I am not very thrilled by the idea anymore that I will be trying to pursue something else now, sucks being indecisive.

BigRigLS sounds like a jack-knife waiting to happen. LOL

I wish semis would pass each other faster then 0.02 mph! You already went through the trouble to change lanes, grab a gear and get the F out of my way!

Keep your big ass out of the left lane too unless you are passing painfully slow!

Other then that, please run over those who don't know how to maintain speed or are completely oblivious to their surroundings. Darwin endorses this approach!

Actually, I'm not a jack-knife waiting to happen, I do actually drive with a lot of caution, have no choice really, I'm responsible for everything and everyone around me.

Trouble with semis is the regulations, a lot of trucks out there governed at 105kms or around 62'ish mi per hour, with heavy loads, they can't move around too fast.

Basicly when one passes another it's what we call "the Elephant Race".

Now the talent comes from catching them on the down or uphill, Gross Weight depending of course.

We can't help but drive slower then regular cars, it becomes too dangerous at higher speeds.

Just be a little patient with us and leave us some room around the corners
and in return we'll make sure everything you need gets to the stores.

Try and imagine a world without semis and the profesionals that drive them daily ... can you picture the empty store shelves and dry fuel pumps ?

:steering

Lots of interesting people on this site, very diverse indeed.

I am a 24 year old State Trooper.

No kids, just a girlfriend.

~ oh oh ... Plain Wrapper ?

- - - - - - - - - - -

@ Kumba,
PM sent, couple of my Youtube videos links.

Actually, I'm not a jack-knife waiting to happen, I do actually drive with a lot of caution, have no choice really, I'm responsible for everything and everyone around me.

Trouble with semis is the regulations, a lot of trucks out there governed at 105kms or around 62'ish mi per hour, with heavy loads, they can't move around too fast.

Basicly when one passes another it's what we call "the Elephant Race".

Now the talent comes from catching them on the down or uphill, Gross Weight depending of course.

We can't help but drive slower then regular cars, it becomes too dangerous at higher speeds.

Just be a little patient with us and leave us some room around the corners
and in return we'll make sure everything you need gets to the stores.

Try and imagine a world without semis and the profesionals that drive them daily ... can you picture the empty store shelves and dry fuel pumps ?

:steering

You are taking it way too serious man, I was just busting your balls. I got no problem with truckers, most of them know how to drive at a minimum.

And thanks for the vids, although none of them really apply here in Florida. We lack 5-mile 12% grades, snow, and narrow mountain roads. The biggest PITA as far as driving skill around here is negotiating a right-hand turn and the driveway. Evidently not all truckers are backing types. 4 wheelers effect everyone and they suck. Always said one day when I go completely insane I'm going to buy a semi truck, fill the trailer with concrete, and put a reinforced cow catcher from an old locomotive on the front and drive without stopping. Also takes care of something else on my bucket list which is to end up on an episode of cops.

I love this job but can't stand the following;

- Anything longer then 1 hour to get loaded or unloaded. (start to loss money)

- People that just don't understand the fact, that I do "own" the road, they are just borrowing it.

- Cars that keep on rolling up to the white line, while I'm hanging a wide right turn.

- Cars that get in front 80,000 lbs and then proceed to slow down.

- Border Patrols, DOT, MTO, Cops and Plain wrappers.

- Daily log book requirements (basic book of lies)

- Metro Traffic jams

- Red lights

oh ... and I don't stop for yellow lights, so be forewarned!

:eek:

Let me add to your list:

- Tailgaters. I am NOT here for you to draft off of just so you can save a few miles per gallon.

- People that do everything behind the wheel except DRIVE. List: talk on cell phone, text, read the paper, watch movies, do there makeup, paint there toe nails, read a map, masturbate, have sex, get jerked off, receive a blow job, etc......

- People that drive with there f@#king brights on.:mad:

- People that drive in the passing that aren't passing anyone. Move your arse over. Believe it or not. Someone else is on the road that is faster then you. Move the f@#k over.:mad:

- People that speed up and cut off big trucks, when we try to change lanes. God forbid you get stcuk behind a big truck. You will be a whole 4 seconds late now.

BTW It is true. We do own the road.:D If you paid what we paid in taxes and yearly fees you would understand.

This is quite a diverse group indeed !!!

I am personally a ex-felon , 29 in a three year relationship with the woman who changed my life ! (for the best) I'm eligible for my pardon this year ! Bonded carpenter by tradew with numerous side hustles , just to make life a little less stressful :D C'mon not one of you dabble in a little extra curricular activity ? :cool:

BigRigLS sounds like a jack-knife waiting to happen. LOL

I wish semis would pass each other faster then 0.02 mph! You already went through the trouble to change lanes, grab a gear and get the F out of my way!

Keep your big ass out of the left lane too unless you are passing painfully slow!

Other then that, please run over those who don't know how to maintain speed or are completely oblivious to their surroundings. Darwin endorses this approach!

Tell you what. If you come to the St Louis Meet in June. I will take you for a little ride in my truck. Then you will understand more about momentum, gearing, aerodynamics, gravity, the sure size and weight that we haul.

Everytime you cut a truck off changing lanes to pass. It loses monmentum. Momentum that takes miles to get back. Then agian, if your tailgating the truckers, he may be going slower just to f@#k with you. Because he can.

FDOT(Federal Department of Transportation) mandates a 4 second cushion to follow. Which means, we change lanes four seconds behind the truck we are passing. In the time it takes us to cover the 4 second gap to reach just the rear of the truck we are passing. Motorist will try and sometimes succeed in passing us on the right. I don't just success this to anyone. HUGE blindspots on the right.;)

Law enforcement is looking to get us for tailgating. Its a very expensive ticket. Easy state revenue at our expense. PLUS it goes against CS2012 score. SC2012 is a FDOT program to identify poor drivers and there companies. The simple act of passing can cost a driver his licenses and job. Excuse us for inconviencing you and making you a few seconds late. Maybe the next time a truck tries to change lanes to pass. Instead of cutting him off. Try letting him over. After all, we don't come your workplace and be rude and inconsider to you.:)

Might as well give my info. Since I pretty much let it out of the bag that I drive.:rolleyes:

I am an independent contractor for a nationwide moving company. Its a private company. We do executives and corperate moves. Coast to coast and everywhere in between. Including overseas/international. I have been doing it for over 19 years. I load and unload the truck myself. I average over 600,000lbs per year. It keeps me in good shape. I have well over 1 million miles accident free under my belt. I am a member of my companies "All-Star Fleet". Thats our top 75 drivers in the company. To be accurate, I was 34th out of over 700 drivers.

Before getting my CDL. I was a certified personal trainer. An elbow injury left me unemployed for 3 months. Lost all of my clients. Answered an ad in the paper. Driver needed, lite lifting needed.:rolleyes: Six months later had my CDL. Work local for two years. Left for the company I am with now.

This is quite a diverse group indeed !!!

I am personally a ex-felon , 29 in a three year relationship with the woman who changed my life ! (for the best) I'm eligible for my pardon this year ! Bonded carpenter by tradew with numerous side hustles , just to make life a little less stressful :D C'mon not one of you dabble in a little extra curricular activity ? :cool:

I bowl for money. Does that count?:D

You are taking it way too serious man ...

I didn't mean it in any sense like that.

Always said one day when I go completely insane I'm going to buy a semi truck, fill the trailer with concrete, and put a reinforced cow catcher from an old locomotive on the front and drive without stopping. Also takes care of something else on my bucket list which is to end up on an episode of cops.

right on, mind if I copy that to my bucket list, sound like fun :D

C'mon not one of you dabble in a little extra curricular activity ?

When I am home from my job, I like to sneak over to my neighbors property at night and sell some of his items on Craigslist, that's gotta count !!!

- - - - -

@Rollin,

oh cool, we do the same thing, I had no idea ... honest !

<wink><wink> ;)

When I am home from my job, I like to sneak over to my neighbors property at night and sell some of his items on Craigslist, that's gotta count !!!

I lol'd! I like the rule on the road if it's bigger than you, don't mess with it lol.

Tell you what. If you come to the St Louis Meet in June. I will take you for a little ride in my truck. Then you will understand more about momentum, gearing, aerodynamics, gravity, the sure size and weight that we haul.

Everytime you cut a truck off changing lanes to pass. It loses monmentum. Momentum that takes miles to get back. Then agian, if your tailgating the truckers, he may be going slower just to f@#k with you. Because he can.

FDOT(Federal Department of Transportation) mandates a 4 second cushion to follow. Which means, we change lanes four seconds behind the truck we are passing. In the time it takes us to cover the 4 second gap to reach just the rear of the truck we are passing. Motorist will try and sometimes succeed in passing us on the right. I don't just success this to anyone. HUGE blindspots on the right.;)

Law enforcement is looking to get us for tailgating. Its a very expensive ticket. Easy state revenue at our expense. PLUS it goes against CS2012 score. SC2012 is a FDOT program to identify poor drivers and there companies. The simple act of passing can cost a driver his licenses and job. Excuse us for inconviencing you and making you a few seconds late. Maybe the next time a truck tries to change lanes to pass. Instead of cutting him off. Try letting him over. After all, we don't come your workplace and be rude and inconsider to you.:)

Plenty of truckers come to my work place and are rude. Never mind that the shipment was marked lift-gate required. They've also stopped in the middle of a fairly major 3-lane street because they couldn't pull their short van into the driveway. The same driveway that a 53' gets pulled into at least once a month for the aeronautic parts house. But I digress. To paint all truckers with the same brush would be wrong.

I don't cut trucks off. I just simply don't like having to pass a truck on the right when NO ONE ELSE is within even 10 seconds of them. But that's not limited to just trucks. I hate all oblivious left-hand drivers equally.

I do understand what goes into driving a truck but that doesn't mean I want to get stuck behind a rolling roadblock. Again that's not limited to just trucks either. Two grey hairs in their land yachts doing 50 down the interstate is a prime example of what you get around here on almost any given day.

In short, I wish my car had headlight-mounted rockets that I could use to clear the left lane. Truck, Car, annoying douche on a moped. All would be fair game. I road-rage equally.

And that's why I took up autocross. I call it "therapy". Works too :)

For the record, my pet peeve when I go over the road is having to touch my brakes. Unless I'm in a city that shouldn't really need to happen. I just want to set my cruise control at 75 and enjoy the drive. The exception being West Virginia. I love driving them twisty bent up crooked things they call roads. US-50 is AWESOME! :D

right on, mind if I copy that to my bucket list, sound like fun :D

Go for it! You can even lay claim to the idea if you want :)

C'mon not one of you dabble in a little extra curricular activity ? :cool:

Not where I get paid. LOL

I need to coast in the middle lane in order to check out the "seat covers" in the left lane.

AKA: "Thanks god for short skirts and tall trucks"

The far most right lane can be a bitch though because of all the traffic getting on and off. (that's pretty standard no matter what you drive in)

- - - - -

@Rollin,

oh cool, we do the same thing, I had no idea ... honest !

<wink><wink> ;)

Where you from Toronto ?

I mean lets be honest in my neck of the woods if you drive a LS or any car for that matter , sittin' on 20"s .:cool: You're dabbling in some sort of illegal activity !;) I mean the cops in my hood pull me over a minimum of 4 times a month , for "routine verifications" . So i mean if you're a straight and narrow type of guy why bother with a car like this ? For the most part thats how sI-IIT goes down around here ! I got two words for you RACIAL PROFILING !!! And I'm white !!! When i get pulled over they're a little more blaze blaze , as soon as there's a black person involved the whip gets searched ! My girl is Gyanese ! When she's driving the car , automatic search ! NO GOOD !!! Damn Montreal Police Dept. !!!:rolleyes:

Actual Montreal cop car burning ! That's how we do !

habs-celebration-riot-09.jpg

That is the thing, there are truckers that feel "entitled" and do a lot of jackass driving. For me, I am not worried about getting somewhere faster...my desire is to not be stuck behind a 30 ton sandblaster for 10 miles. However, I either pass them when the opportunity arises or I hang way back until I can. Cutting off a truck is never a safe maneuver.

Where you from Toronto ?

I mean lets be honest in my neck of the woods if you drive a LS or any car for that matter , sittin' on 20"s .:cool: You're dabbling in some sort of illegal activity !;) I mean the cops in my hood pull me over a minimum of 4 times a month , for "routine verifications" . So i mean if you're a straight and narrow type of guy why bother with a car like this ? For the most part thats how sI-IIT goes down around here ! I got two words for you RACIAL PROFILING !!! And I'm white !!! When i get pulled over they're a little more blaze blaze , as soon as there's a black person involved the whip gets searched ! My girl is Gyanese ! When she's driving the car , automatic search ! NO GOOD !!! Damn Montreal Police Dept. !!!:rolleyes:

Are you a real person? I think you might be more immature than the kid who pried open his own trunk. My dream is to one day be impervious to the effects of your kind.

Where you from Toronto ?

assuming by your post that the felony was drug related, Doesn't being an ex felon give them the right for you (or your vehicle) to be searched?....

...and you wonder why they pull you over?

Where you from Toronto ?

dafuq did I just read

apparently the cops in Montreal have something against white people.. Who'da thunk it.

Are you a real person? I think you might be more immature than the kid who pried open his own trunk. My dream is to one day be impervious to the effects of your kind.

Immature ? And hows that ? I just want a little honesty ? Your'e going to tell me that I'm the only person that comes from a F****D up neighbourhood ! Nobody has a criminal record on this whole forum but me ? You never seen a cop car burning ? Get out much ? What you live in a gated community or something ? As far away as you can get from the undesirables ? Theres more to the world than your LS , your crappy job and your gated community !!! Get over yourself !!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back