What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

i just wonder are the wheels stuck like that or if they flop back and forth and are just angled that way from when he pulled into the spot. imagine driving down the road and going around a long sweeping corner and the rear shifts a foot to the outside :eek:

i just wonder are the wheels stuck like that or if they flop back and forth and are just angled that way from when he pulled into the spot. imagine driving down the road and going around a long sweeping corner and the rear shifts a foot to the outside :eek:

I'd love to take that thing around a corner at high speed! Rear wheel Steer!

I see now I miss read the plate. but wouldn't you think they would get pulled over for having a dangerous car or something like that

Again.... I live in Oklahoma :) The only thing you get pulled over for here outside of speeding, drinking, and no seat belt is your truck being lifted to high, no mudflaps for over-sized tires, and your exhaust being to loud.

I see now I miss read the plate. but wouldn't you think they would get pulled over for having a dangerous car or something like that

man where m at in IL theres no inspections, no emissions, no nothing. you wouldn't believe some of the crap on the roads. ive seen balljoints bust through the back side (so you can actually see and touch the ball itself) on an explorer and the customer says leave it. it wasnt odd for me to have the service writer make the customer sigh the repair order under where i wrote UNSAFE TO DRIVE just to cover our ass, but sadly thats all we could do

I have to do that on alot of the service tickets I write, there have been a few occasions where we refused to give the keys to the customer until the vehicle was ON a tow truck

one time it was because te customer
couldn't stand up because he was so drunk

Good Day for The Mark!

Got a PM from the man Saturn saying my braces are on the way! Thanks man!!!

Then this showed up at the front door today!

60748e6a.jpg

The $400 4:10 Trac Loc Assembly!

Just need a free day to get it all installed!

Yeah, you will like that. Took me forever to make my trans shift right when I did my gears but I am finiky. I wanted the car to shift smooth and seamless like stock at partial throttle but at the proper RPM/speeds and still shift at 6250 at WOT and break the tires loose.

Took some work but I now love the way the thing shifts.

All I did today was wash it. Still waiting on my new belt, just know its gonna throw the one on there soon.

Replaced my Gates belt with a slightly shorter Gatorback belt and picked up 15 hp or so. :D

Then decided to polish the mufflers since they were kinda filthy. I tell ya, getting tire tread clean when you live on a dirt road is a royal PITA.

IMG_20100915_162403.jpg

IMG_20100915_163717.jpg

i know i said i'd put the fuel pump in last weekend but the car kept running so i kept driving...

put it in today though and only took about 3 hrs total in my apt parking lot in 104 degrees...exhausted!!

Put my rearend back together on the car today! Pumpkin, Axles, Knuckles and brakes! Got half of my stuff I ordered from rock auto! All I have left to do is valve cover gaskets, a few more wires and lines then my fan and radiator. I still have to get some exhaust ran too but that is after I get it running! I need to send the money Friday for those Magnaflow Mufflers that guy has for sale on here! Don't really have the money but I done told him I would buy them so I am! Just was'nt planning on having to buy a few other things. I will have to put my tuner on hold for about a week now!

I dropped my Silver Frost '95 off with the paint guy tonight for new paint on the front and rear bumper covers, side mirrors, and passenger fender, and to have his PDR guy pop out a small dent under the rear driver side brake light.

Pulled the neon off and epoxied the studs for "maintenance". I also cleaned most of the emblems off of the neon to clean things up, looks awesome and clean.

IMG00260-20100916-1631.jpg

I got the rest of my parts in from Rock Auto today! Went to a different junkyard today and got all of the bolts I needed for my calipers! They only had one and it was a gen 1 lsc! I am going to get the tips off of the mufflers tomorrow! I hooked up my transmission lines since I put my transmission in about three days ago and never hooked them up. Plus I hooked up my powersteering sine that goes on the kmember to the pump! I still have to figure out how the hoses go coming off of the powersteering reservoir! I am getting real close to firing it up! Valve cover gaskets, belt, fan, radiator, Ground wires and any odds/ends I find while I am doing those things and then I should be done!

Well long night! Trial and error is how I learn! I have had my engine in the car for about three weeks now and did not have any valve cover gaskets on the valve covers. I just had them on the engine to keep stuff out of the heads. Well my valve covers gaskets came in yesterday, so I put them on tonight. That was a biatch! Had to jack up the engine about three inches and take all kinds of stuff that I spent alot of time hooking up, back off! Just to get the valve covers off so that I could put on the gaskets! That sucked. So I went a few steps backwards tonight in having to unhook half of the harness and take the throttle body and brake lines off of the master cylinder! But I did change out the spark plugs and put in the coils. Plus put in the radiator and fan!

Umm...another lesson to learn would be to unbolt the master from the booster and bend it out of the way some (don't kink the lines) but you can bend them and not take the lines loose from the master, now you have to bleed the brakes

Members online

Back