What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Took it on a 60 mile round trip to Sarasota for dinner after it sat for three weeks in the garage. I really enjoyed the ride. It truly is a great 8! I appreciate more after letting it sit for a while.

so clean for 304k huh? uploadfromtaptalk1401847594755.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401847615187.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401847657449.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401847671252.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401847671252.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401847671252.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401847696355.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401847594755.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401847615187.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401847657449.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401847671252.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401847696355.jpg

heres the drivers side we got it back together but it may still be leaking but i hope not because the passenger side is fine but the driver side i dont know yet it was still smoking last night we ended up pulling the fuse box,master cyl,window cowl,injector wires then wiggled the valve cover out uploadfromtaptalk1401972249910.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401972259258.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401972274642.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401972249910.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401972259258.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401972274642.jpg

Okay guys and gals. I am going to get a pretty reasonable settlement for my wrecked 95 Mark. I am looking for a replacement. I would like to have a 97 or 98 LSC. Preferably with less than 100k miles. I am NOT planning to buy back my car. That way I will get more money. I would like to find a red or black LSC with moonroof and good air suspension. I would greatly appreciate any help that you guys can give me. Thank you in advance.

Okay guys and gals. I am going to get a pretty reasonable settlement for my wrecked 95 Mark. I am looking for a replacement. I would like to have a 97 or 98 LSC. Preferably with less than 100k miles. I am NOT planning to buy back my car. That way I will get more money. I would like to find a red or black LSC with moonroof and good air suspension. I would greatly appreciate any help that you guys can give me. Thank you in advance.

I can sell you a red 97lsc w/ 156k. It's on struts so no need to worry about that crappy air suspension. You can't really see any of the rust so that's a plus. Moonroof works. It's cherry.

Well, went and got my stereo and a few other odds and ends out of my '95 Mark this morning. The insurance company will pick it up today :( I will so miss that car. I'll have my Exploder back on the road next week and I've got to get a few more parts off the '97 LSC and it will be going to the scrap yard :( It looks like I may be out of the Mark VIII business for a while unless I can find a good low mileage '97/'98 LSC for a good price somewhere close by. I've been driving Mark VIIIs for the past 13 years and have owned three, a '95, '96, and '97. All were wonderful cars. The guy at the body shop where the car is now honestly thought it was a newish car. He was surprised when I told him it was almost 20 years old :eek: I am planning to look around for a T-Bird or Cougar for the time being. I may even get a Mustang if I can find a good newer one with a V-8 and manual tranny for a good price. Then when my divorce is done and I can sell my house I'll use that money to get another couple of Mark VIIIs so I can be back in the game again. But if the right Mark comes along, I'll certainly put it in my stable. But for now, I think I'll take a break. But I'll still be around and constantly looking for my next Mark VIII.

Smart choice man. Theres no need to dive headfirst into your next Mark purchase. Keep in touch with us even if your driving a cougar lol.

Sounds like a good plan. In a month or two, my wife will get her 95 back, and then the 97 will be for sale, and been thinking of selling one of my CE's. Time will tell. good luck TONYyyy.

In 05 I went shopping for a Mark VIII and couldn't find what I wanted, and "settled" on a Cougar. 7 years later Cougar gets totaled, and I take money from that and finally find nearly the Mark VIII I originally wanted. I like the Cougar more than the Mark VIII, obviously swapping in a 4v in place of the 2v would make it more better (or more good), but I also enjoy my Mark VIII.

In a perfect world I wouldn't have had to replace the cars in a set time frame, been able to search and wait and sit until "the one" came around.

My antenna finally gave out. It's in the up position and I can hear the motor running (unplugged at the moment). Does anyone have a fix for this or is it a replacement antenna?

My antenna finally gave out. It's in the up position and I can hear the motor running (unplugged at the moment). Does anyone have a fix for this or is it a replacement antenna?

I know that one from a 94 town car will work. Just use your piece that fits in the quarter panel

You can find a replacement mast on ebay. I can't log on to my ebay right now or I would give you a link. The mast is the part that goes bad and they're about 20-30 bucks

Members online

Back