What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Finally got the remixed formulation of JB from automotivetouchup and painted the passenger side handle and the drivers side handle and surround. Looks fantastic.

I can finally say that i'm done with this mess. :)

got cut off doing 70 on the interstate spun out and hit the wall in my mark :'( uploadfromtaptalk1402170391603.jpg my friend was behind me following me when it happened the marks ok just needs a new bumper and exhaust tips im fine my back sore because i spun so hard

uploadfromtaptalk1402170391603.jpg

Rotated the tires and gave her a wash. Between that and the door handles it was a very productive weekend.

got cut off doing 70 on the interstate spun out and hit the wall in my mark :'(View attachment 828468007 my friend was behind me following me when it happened the marks ok just needs a new bumper and exhaust tips im fine my back sore because i spun so hard
Pop the bumper out, a little paint ( looks like the whole bumper needs painting ), re-weld the tip, and it'll be good as new.

uploadfromtaptalk1402411781484.jpg found this hack job under her dash why just why do people hack up harnesses like that uploadfromtaptalk1402411827187.jpg drives me insane seeing them like that

uploadfromtaptalk1402411781484.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1402411827187.jpg

Nope. But we all know what he meant :cool: He just likes pushing my buttons. :)

I'm confused, we don't have front shocks? Instead we have Mcphearsan struts?

Every site I go onto calls them struts so I think you're correct Thaywood.

I'm confused, we don't have front shocks? Instead we have Mcphearsan struts?

Every site I go onto calls them struts so I think you're correct Thaywood.

Every site that calls our front shocks "struts" is wrong. Our cars do not have strut-type suspensions. We have SLA (Short/Long/Arm) suspensions. Totally different animal from a strut-type setup. The Mark VIII does have "tension struts" or "drag links" connecting the LCA to the front of the frame. But that's the closest thing to a strut the MN12 or FN10 platform has. And once again, thanks for getting me riled up :p

Every site that calls our front shocks "struts" is wrong. Our cars do not have strut-type suspensions. We have SLA (Short/Long/Arm) suspensions. Totally different animal from a strut-type setup. The Mark VIII does have "tension struts" or "drag links" connecting the LCA to the front of the frame. But that's the closest thing to a strut the MN12 or FN10 platform has. And once again, thanks for getting me riled up :p

So the tension strut attaches to the strut which makes it a short long arm suspension, got it.

Let's call them "air shocks" When the air leaks out, they'll just be shocks, and sooner or later the air is going to leak out.

FORD calls them "air suspension shock assemblies." and that is the terminology i like to use.
i realize strut is easier, but it doesn't change the fact that you are wrong, and trolling. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back