What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Drove my Mark to PA today for Mothers day. On way home I went through Washington NJ to do a drive by to see if my Silver Mark has been fixed by the new owner or not?

Drive by and the front bags are slammed cause he hasn't started it for a month at least. I should have taken a pic cause it does look cool slammed like that :cool:

Would love more info on that TBird in the car show.

Hadn't had any motivation to tinker with my car until today. I started tapping in to the air solenoids so I could drop the car some with some switches but turns out the vent solenoid is dead. No wonder the car never drops when I shut her off after parking, as well as getting the "check air ride" message during highway drives. All other solenoids on four corners click fine. :(

Hey miksweets...no box yet. Im still using factory amp... I put jl audio 5x7s all the way around..
Then the shop put in the pioneer deck 7in indash. It looks factory no major modifications at all...

UCA LH side r/r

I'm in the process of trying to get to the nut under the mstr cyl, any tips, suggestions on this pita?

Use ratcheting wrench
I have fat hands so once I unplugged the main harness for a little extra room but I never did that before maybe my hands are getting fatter.

Weekend consisted of mostly Yard work so I didn't really do much. Just the normal Sunday cleaning, aired up the tires a little more and messed with some stereo settings.

Other than some repairs (Radiator, boots and section of brake line) she might need before next winter, she's done. All the seasons fine tuning is complete, don't plan on doing anything else this spring/summer unless something breaks.

Put my LSC Housings in today, and put the nos Chrome strips in the bumper a week ago. (Don't mind the missing chrome on the corner marker in the picture in the process of gluing a piece on a different corner marker.)

Pics:

IMG_0108_zpscff8b768.jpg

IMG_0111_zps0901a5e3.jpg

IMG_0110_zpsdf5ad2fc.jpg

Put my LSC Housings in today, and put the nos Chrome strips in the bumper a week ago. (Don't mind the missing chrome on the corner marker in the picture in the process of gluing a piece on a different corner marker.)

Pics:

IMG_0108_zpscff8b768.jpg

IMG_0111_zps0901a5e3.jpg

IMG_0110_zpsdf5ad2fc.jpg
Made all the difference in the world night driving with my 1996 Mark

Made all the difference in the world night driving with my 1996 Mark

My 93 as well. I would not even go out at night till I got my HIDs. Now I'm among the brightest things on the road. I'm all LED in the back now too.

Pics:

IMG_0108_zpscff8b768.jpg

IMG_0111_zps0901a5e3.jpg

IMG_0110_zpsdf5ad2fc.jpg

I thought you had those LSC housings in already? Or did you take them back out for some reason?

Out of curiosity, stopped by a Meinke and got a quote to repair the d side inner and outer bushings on the IRS...120 in parts and 250 in labor nic tax...I can buy the new bushings for abt 80 from Rock. Not sure what my time is worth! Removal of the inner bushing was the most problematic when Jay Richmond (on this forum) extended his help and time to me. I had another thought...pull the UCA from the Mark VIII that is at the local Pull-a-part and replace bushings and then replace the UCA with worn bushings. Would make the installation easier...Did a lot of detail work outside and inside ...replaced the HVAC system controller in the dash with a newer one(95) whose buttons were not collapsed...easy swap!

discoverd slight leak at the transline by the harmonic balancer and seepage by the thermostat housing its green and damp on top

Oh good Lordy!!! When I saw those pics I think I laughed so hard I got a frakkin' hernia!!!! Classic!!! :lol:

Also, ain't done a damn thing to my Mark cuz the future ex is still driving it :mad: The Cobra is sitting at the stealership right now waiting to get diagnosed. Hopefully they can figure out what the FLIPPIN FRAK is wrong with that fuggin' POS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I used to love Mustangs. And I wanted a '96-'98 Cobra because I like that body style a whole lot better than the '99-'04 "New Edge" Mustangs. But now, after dealing with that stupid car and throwing parts and money at it to no avai, I would just as soon shoot a stinkin' Mustang as look at one. I'll stick with my Mark and Cougar. MN12's are so much better than Foxes :D

Well my check Brake Lights kept intermittently would come on the last few days. That is until today when it came on every time I stopped and then restarted the car and hit the brakes.

As soon as I got home 10mm to small, 12mm to big :mad: 7/16 OK got it, removed bulb plugged it back in and bingo it's fixed. For how long is the question cause one of my old Marks did the same thing to me intill I replaced the socket and on the same side too?

Today I replaced my abs pump and bled my brake lines. Wonderful to be able to stop the car again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Still didn't do anything to the Mark today. Ex still has it. Got a call from the stealership yesterday and they said they can't figure out why the damn Cobra won't start. Now I'm really pissed. What the frak could be wrong with that POS that even a stealership shop can't figure it out? But I am getting my car back this weekend. She's getting the Exploder's front end lined up and she'll be driving that so I can have my car back. I'm looking forward to being able to drive the ol' girl again. :)

ordered new cobra rotors for the Mark today!

Fixed the ABS 2 days ago

and powdercoated my cobra calipers 3 days ago...

Driving my Mark today and the rear light started making contact so the "Check Tail Lights" warning went out :confused:

Damn C1500 is doing the same thing on the same tail light but I can just hit that one and it comes back on :wrench

Members online

No members online now.
Back