What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

drove it. drove it some more. floored it. tire spin into 2nd. jump started another car. jump started that car again. took some tools out of the trunk. parked it for the night. :)

Put a neon on it. Thanks to roger it's even the right color!

image.jpg

Just looked at it, been sitting for 3 week now waiting on parts AGAIN! That's ok tho. It's sat for 6 out of the last 14 years I've owned it. I'm starting to think there's a problem with the design on these car's. Oh well! What can you do but fix it or sell it? One of these day's it should be just like new!.....Ya right, in my dreams!

It can happen.. I've replaced 1 part every payday for the last year .. almost done :)
What are you still needing?

One of these day's it should be just like new
even a new car is a used car on Day One...new cars are ones on dealers' lots yet to be owned by a consumer
..my Marks will never be new; I only want something I can enjoy looking at, have fun in, and rely on
----
drove The White One this morning- not sure if the nose needs to come up or the tail needs to go down- these two photos were taken at the same time/location from either side
markfatbut_zpsb009635f.png

---
got home, popped the hood and saw that coolant leaked from the reservoir top :confused:

replaced the column and steering wheel on the 97. Telescopic works but tilt doesn't on both cars Wtf. Over?

drove the 98 to the store and back. ran great

Last edited:
Put off the oil change due to other priorities. Hell, I didn't even wash it. :(

It sounds crazy but bang on the bottom of the wheel hard a couple of times and then try to move it. It works just about every time.

tried that it came up enough to be drivable, so i'm leaving it alone.
i replaced both columns because the telescopopic didnt work. now thats fixed but the tilt is fubar.:confused:

Washed and polished the Mark yesterday. :)

Today, its dusted with a fine layer pollen! :mad:

It can happen.. I've replaced 1 part every payday for the last year .. almost done :)
What are you still needing?

SRB's are on there way, maybe they'll arrive tomorrow, ford dealer had to order them. SRB's to control arm are a kit, to the frame just bushings. Still need LCA's, where you guy's get the TRW's from? The home made spacers are in the makin's. I'm gonna program the Mazak CNC tomorrow for a bar and tube (two program's) and I'll be able to put in a bar or tube and out comes a finished spacer in about 3 minutes. I'm using solid bar for the 1st set, I'm going with DLF's dimension's and making the body and washer one piece (like slowmkviii's) so I don't have to weld on it. You can't get the cam bolt's at the dealer anymore either, hope mine are still good.

Not sure what to do to my Mark today. Where does one begin.. Not sure replacing my antenna, although the easiest fix will solve my problems. :D

Not mine, its a 97 with a DSG respray, blown head gasket.. being parted

:)Tried the WD40 treatment to cure a passenger side "DOOR AJAR" warning. It worked beautifully.

:)Tried the WD40 treatment to cure a passenger side "DOOR AJAR" warning. It worked beautifully.

Wd40 sucks..its going to dry up and happen again..pull the door panels and take out the door switch and shoot it with some pb blaster and push the little pin in a bunch of times to free it up then put a bit of oil on it and lube it..worked for me..its simple, takes maybe 30 min each side..takes longer to get the door panel off than the switch. I did this a month ago and hasn't given me any trouble since. Here's the thread I made with pics.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=88539

seems that my oil filter adapter gasket has stopped leaking for the most part. Right now there's 1/2 dinosaur 5w30 and the other 1/2 is synthetic. All oil is Mobile1. It looks like I'll be forced to use full dino oil until I replace that darn gasket.

Members online

No members online now.
Back