What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

neither. head liner. would be the the carpeted thing above your head.

+1

LoL, I was wondering how long that was gonna go on before someone caught *headLINER

I pulled mine out, spun it around 180* and washed it again
20130405_152024.jpg

20130405_151934.jpg

awesome !

Yeah, I can't wait to get them on. Still trying to decide which set I want to use. One is intended for the 2000 Cobra R, while the other set is from a Fiat Coupe. They're both nearly identical with the only difference being that the valley of the Fiat's is a little skinnier, and they had to be clearanced a small amount at the outside edge of the rotor.

Once I decide which set to use, I'll have to decide whether I want them powdercoated, or 2-part epoxy paint them....

So many decisions! lol.

Yeah, probably. My stash is actually nowhere near what it used to be. Since I moved here a year and a half ago, I haven't found but a couple Mark VIII's in the local junkyard. I've slowly been weeding out my parts since I got rid of the 97, and don't need quite as many "extras" of things...

frustrated fuses/relays/??/starter motor won't turn over

Ok I am a real noob here. Decided to do a simple job of replacing the positive battery post terminal because it was loose and needed repalcemant. Took me a while to get that done but it is on solid. No turnover of the starter when I tried to start. No error lights except (low fuel level and exterior lights). Air suspension is working also. Started checking I/P fuses and also under hood fuses/relays. The #22 EDIS/CCRM fuse was blown and the new one would not go in because one of the "female receptacles" (large re/gr wire) was pushed down in the insert. So the only way for me to get at that was to remove the bracket for the power distribution box, I was able to hold the heavy rd/gr wire in place and was able to get the #22 fuse in place. Still no starter motor turnover. I heard a clicking from behind or near the glove box and after doing a little research, find out that is where the starter relay is located. I now have a complete map of the fuses/relays!

It is probably simpler than a failed starter relay, it was working yesterday. Perhaps the anti theft system needs a "reset"? I hope I didn't fubar anything leaving the positive lead on the battery while I checked fuses..any suggestions would be appreciated. Probably something simple. I am going to remove the pos lead and check all fuses again. Reinstall pos lead on battery.

BTW...where the heck is the starter motor on this beast :confused::...I was wanting to check to see if the starter was getting juice! Ah well learning day for me! Thanks in advance.

Hey Jay.. I sure like the look of those Brembos!

P4060271_zps6fb3fc59.jpg

P4060274_zpsc6b7e33f.jpg

---
looked at the wrong line and overtightened a bolt :mad:
P4060273_zpsd8fd42db.jpg

P4060272_zpsfd519002.jpg

who makes those upper rear shock mounts? I called around when I did the springs in my car and intended to replace them but no parts stores carried them..I assume these are one of the many discontinued parts for our cars??

I may just have to make a few of those. You can just burn all the old.bushing out of the stock one and bevel the edge of the bushing for the top.

Well who would have thought that if the positive lead to the battery was loose and needed repair that that might also be true of the negative lead. One of the two negative lead wires was loose also. This explains half of my electrical problems, since I inherited the car. (e.g., chime going off, episodically, getting locked out of the car, with the keys in it and the car running!) Everything seems to be working properly now and more ...electrical system(s) works properly with correct annunciation...good lesson for me. I am going to clean up under the power distribution box and also put in a "new" expansion tank with a coolant sensor that hopefully works...btw there is a 95 b on b mk8 at the Charlotte pull-a-part. I was dearly tempted when I saw it there last week looking for electrical parts for my BMW. If anybody would like something small and specific I am willing to take a look and retrieve if feasible. Someone had trashed the inside pretty much for JBL speakers and the back seat...air ride parts all there and the engine/engine bay area pretty much untouched...:)

Starter is right above the passenger bank catalytic converter

Must be a beech to remove/service first time around. Your Mark 8 is really sweet! Black rims are cool! If I ever get that far I would like to replace the stock 16's I have with 17/18 inch wheels. Still have work on the IRS that needs to be done. Nervous abt that!:)

Got my Mark sprung. The rear coils were....eh..."modified" and the fender well sits right on top of the tire. Not literally ON, but that's where it is. The fronts were mod'd too but still need to be cu...mod'd more. changed sway bars end links up front too. Moved it for the first time in runs about 3 months.

Also thinking bout deez nutz to get

http://amzn.com/B00BZB8CUI

Just looked at it, been sitting for 3 week now waiting on parts AGAIN! That's ok tho. It's sat for 6 out of the last 14 years I've owned it. I'm starting to think there's a problem with the design on these car's. Oh well! What can you do but fix it or sell it? One of these day's it should be just like new!.....Ya right, in my dreams!

Members online

Back