What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Got home from picking up my new CE in the Panhandle at 4:18 am. 1100 mile round trip! It needs a little TLC but nothing too bad. Now I hope I can get a title.

The White One: cut the dark green wire with a light green stripe; drove it (front end bottomed out on my driveway bump), finished trim briting the headlights insides for swapping-next: polish and attach lenses..what type hid kits? lows are 9005s, brights are 9006s?
---
The Brown One: washed it, admired it

We built a crate for a 97 motor a customer is getting, kinda sad seeing it go. It made a nice garage ornament.

Still needs some plywood and screws to keep her in place.

20130330_131857.jpg

For some reason my tires were all at 36psi, might've done that before winter but can't remember as to why. Lowered them to 31 and it soaks up the bumps alot better! Amazing what a few psi's can do.

the time has come i can no longer maintain my mark 8. its a 94, no rust. i want to sell to someone that can take care of it. 188k ill sell it cheap if you can take care of it. email me if youre interested. dbarrick85@gmail.com

Got a steering box for the Exploder today. Also pretty much traced the Cobra's problems to the CCRM (Constant Control Relay Module). Pretty much exactly the same as the Mark's VRCM. Now gotta find one.

For some reason my tires were all at 36psi, might've done that before winter but can't remember as to why. Lowered them to 31 and it soaks up the bumps alot better! Amazing what a few psi's can do.

I don't know how you do it
I love cloverleafs to much and folding over sidewalls are no good.

So took a long road trip to Roy Rogers in Pine Beach yesterday. Started at 70,070 and came home with 70,240 on the odometer :shifty:

Quite a ride for some Roast Beef n Cheese's but that ain't the main thing about this post. When I left my friend house he and the message center told me the drivers side rear blinker was out?

Drove it all the way down to Roys and the message center stopped bugging me and the light started working again. This happened on my '96 Mark too. However it did it twice on that car and I had to replace the drivers rear light socket on that one.

So anyone else have issues with the rear taillight sockets or the drivers side one in particular:confused:

I don't know how you do it
I love cloverleafs to much and folding over sidewalls are no good.

I live for folded over sidewalls, wouldn't have it any other way.

Fwiw, I don't drive aggressively and would much rather have a little more comfort. It rides bad enough as it is with this ****ty f'n aas lowering kit.

Well, I broke down and let the old lady borrow my Mark for a couple of days so she can have a way to work and to get the kids at school. I didn't want to do it, but the Exploder is down and her son is in Asheville so she doen't have a vehicle to drive. The Cobra has pi$$ed me the heck off but I'm getting closer to figuring out the problem. I think it's the CCRM. And I'll have the Explorer fixed Friday so it will be driveable again and I can get my car back. It sucks that I just got it fixed and only got to enjoy driving it again for a few days before letting her borrow it. She better remember all this shyte I'm doing for her. When I get the car back, it's getting new front swaybar end links and rear upper shock bushings. I've got a horrible rattle/clunk coming from both the front and rear. It's irritating.

looked in replacing the clock spring on my 98, looks like i have to pull the column.
i have a rebuilt column for my 97 to do first. not enough time or money.

looked in replacing the clock spring on my 98, looks like i have to pull the column.
i have a rebuilt column for my 97 to do first. not enough time or money.

No need to pull it. If the steering wheel isn't frozen on and the threads don't strip it's pretty simple. If either of those 2 problems arise it can be a pita.

Swapping one out can be done in 30 minutes or less.

Getting my 98 CE back today. Bought it with a hard pull upon braking and annoying 'clunking' in the rear. Family mechanic who has worked on all our cars for close to 20 years was admittedly perplexed at first due to only working on one other such vehicle.

So he says he replaced the soft brake lines and calipers plus a good flush. He says it doesn't pull to the right like it did. And replaced 1 rear shock bracket to get rid of the clunk.

400 bucks later and I hope I don't have to put more money into it for a little while since I just bought it 2
months ago.

Next up will be to fix the heater core which I have heard is a bitch! Anyone have a ballpark figure for this repair?

Getting my 98 CE back today. Bought it with a hard pull upon braking and annoying 'clunking' in the rear. Family mechanic who has worked on all our cars for close to 20 years was admittedly perplexed at first due to only working on one other such vehicle.

So he says he replaced the soft brake lines and calipers plus a good flush. He says it doesn't pull to the right like it did. And replaced 1 rear shock bracket to get rid of the clunk.

400 bucks later and I hope I don't have to put more money into it for a little while since I just bought it 2
months ago.

Next up will be to fix the heater core which I have heard is a bitch! Anyone have a ballpark figure for this repair?

The pull is usually strut rod bushings, but if its fixed its fixed. Edit: Or lower bj's. ;)

Did he replace both mounts? I would hope so, no sense replacing just one side.

Lower ball joints will also cause that pull. The Cougar had the classic MN12 front end squeak and was pulling to the left on braking until I greased the lower ball joints. Now it stops straight as an arrow and no more squeaky. But now I know it needs LCA's :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back