What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Just drove mine today! I think I'm having some luck....haven't had any problems in a couple month's or so, except for the shutter problem which Terry is gonna help me with.......I hope! :)

Well I haven't done anything lately, but last weekend I did the oil filter adapter gasket, new oil pressure sender, added an oil pressure gauge and of course changed the oil and antifreeze.

after work tonight I stuck a 51'' x 1/2'' soft rubber hose down the fuel filler neck, but couldn't siphon gas with a hand pump...pulled out the tube is dry...maybe tomorrow better luck

With the help of DieselDan, I will be buying a used like new set of turbo chuck type 9 mounts for my Mark. The parts collecting officially begins....

after work tonight I stuck a 51'' x 1/2'' soft rubber hose down the fuel filler neck, but couldn't siphon gas with a hand pump...pulled out the tube is dry...maybe tomorrow better luck

Isn't there a ball in there that keep's you from siphoning? Not sure about the Mark's but all my other cars have it.

Isn't there a ball in there that keep's you from siphoning? Not sure about the Mark's but all my other cars have it.

Nope, just that little flap right at the top of the filler tube. Most cars that have locking fuel doors do not have an anti syphon valve, and most cars that claim to have them, don't

Nope, just that little flap right at the top of the filler tube. Most cars that have locking fuel doors do not have an anti syphon valve, and most cars that claim to have them, don't

I also tried to siphon my mark once years ago and had no luck. Just figured it had one. Changed fuel pump in my 98 blazer and it had the ball in the filler tube.

who around Kansas city area might be looking for some 93 parts just smashed mine into a wall on a bridge and going to pick it u at the lot next friday just looking at my options if i can get money out of insu. to get a new mark i might go that rought pm for number

Cures trans shudder in less than 5 minutes. Mines been shudder free for 2 years.

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-230/Dr.+Tranny+Instant+Shudder+Fixx

Added something 10 years ago (can't remember what tho) now it's back. Need to try to make it to summer for a fluid and filter change. Where did you get that at?

My first '96 Mark had shudder from day one almost, was worried and talked to a dealer mechanic who said they all had it and you couldn't fix it :shifty:

Went and did a filter fluid change and completely gone :D

Car made it to 209,XXX when I killed the trans by flooring it while it was in OD racing a worked R6 :mad:

got the rebuild kits for my rear calips, maybe I'll work on that later if I can drain the full tank and test the fuel pimp with outside power...fuel pimp purchase/delivery tbd

got the rebuild kits for my rear calips, maybe I'll work on that later if I can drain the full tank and test the fuel pimp with outside power...fuel pimp purchase/delivery tbd

Hope your Pimp shows up soon

I ordered some goodies for my car late last night :)

There's also a flap in the end of the metal tube before it goes in the tank
At least in 2nd gens

What were they?

pioneer AVIC-Z140BH demo - YouTube

mustangtuning_2246_50377598.jpg

41a1sqTk-cL.jpg

FederalTire_SS595_5116408719245628f98caa42.jpg

And a Glitch Ballast

I normally get between 7-9grand every year
I found all of my wish list for around 1k , there's still a few things the car needs that I just can't find yet.

Seafoamed the oil in my Mark 60 miles before oil change, changed the oil.

I had a small front main seal leak (2mm oil lost on dipstick in 6 months) before. Now the leak is much worse where you could see oil drops, you now see a small puddle. I added some Lucas oil stabilizer I think it was called to try to slow the leak, but I fear I may have opened a can of worms by dislodging the crap that was helping to slow the leak.

Any suggestions? Resealing the front main seal is a no go..I don't have that kind of time/cash/know-how.

Members online

Back