What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

How did you get that apart? Dremel?
yessir, @33000 rpms with a mini carborendum (sp?) cut-off wheel; I was not sure where to make my line so I just picked the center of the black seam; to the outside of the little black tabs; it makes a terrible dust by-product so i suggest using a fan to get rid of it and a mask
- the reflective surface for the high beams actually looks pretty good, I'm reluctant to redo those...just reline the lo beams with trim-brite

I do believe I read on here how putting the light in an Oven to heat it up the lens to separate it. I have a spare set from my '96 after I switched to LSC lights but am Gen II now so no need to use em.

I do believe I read on here how putting the light in an Oven to heat it up the lens to separate it. I have a spare set from my '96 after I switched to LSC lights but am Gen II now so no need to use em.

I've heard that too. Of course, I've read more threads where ppl have TRIED and ruined their lights. Even though we have heard of the few successful ppl like Jamie, I've seen more ppl ruin the lights. I tried once, but the glue would never get soft enough and I didn't want to destroy the set so I gave up.

Not sure if it's all in my head, but after spraying down the uca/lca bushings it appears to be handling "softer" and is more sensitive to road variations. All that really matters is that they're quite. We'll see how long that lasts.

Last weeks Snow-->Ice showed me that I didn't coat the door trim well enough, I ended up respraying the weatherstripping with the good stuff. I can already tell the difference.

Snow Mark

Thought I would cover the MK8 for the winter.

Snow Lincoln.jpg

I've heard that too. Of course, I've read more threads where ppl have TRIED and ruined their lights. Even though we have heard of the few successful ppl like Jamie, I've seen more ppl ruin the lights. I tried once, but the glue would never get soft enough and I didn't want to destroy the set so I gave up.
BINGO!
I feel much better with a cutting tool in my hand

BINGO!
I feel much better with a cutting tool in my hand

Either place the housing in a baking pan, and turn your oven to about 250* for a few minutes or

I personally use a heat gun (set on 300*) and heat the backside of the housing at the edge, where the groove is that the lenses sit in. Its not really that bad, and you DONT have to pry them that much. Once you get it warm enough it'll just pull apart. I suggest a pair of leather gloves thou

I drove it!! But only in reverse, about 30 yards

Either place the housing in a baking pan, and turn your oven to about 250* for a few minutes or

I personally use a heat gun (set on 300*) and heat the backside of the housing at the edge, where the groove is that the lenses sit in. Its not really that bad, and you DONT have to pry them that much. Once you get it warm enough it'll just pull apart. I suggest a pair of leather gloves thou
so how do people ruin lights in the oven?

lol

Same way they ruin anything that gets baked in an oven

You can't just stick it in before you go to bed and hope its apart before you burn to death

I couldn't imagine sticking my headlights in the oven, then the next day making a home-made pizza. I'd have that 'old Mark VIII headlights' aftertaste.

Unplug the crank sensor and plug it back in. Quick fix cause both my Gen 1 and Gen 2 suffered from that.

Must be a Jersey thing :D

Seriously, why did you have this issue with both your cars? Was there a grease, salt, or other build up on the plug or connector?

They just get corrosion usually... years and years of having rain splashed on it.. just one of those things... I don't think there's anything on the planet that doesn't suffor the effects of time.
Ya know, like mountains erode away, oceans dry up, etc etc

Members online

No members online now.
Back