What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I was checking that line out on my Brown car, the car from Mich...those metal ends of the short rubber seg are rusted severely....made my stomach hurt and ruined my whole day. I still have the liner peeled back and can get better close up pix tomorrow

Does yours have that black rubber hose coming off the bottom of the master cylinder reservoir? That hose was touching the brake line and that's where the hole was. I noticed the '97 doesn't have that rubber hose. Looks like one of those situations where there were problems with the design and it was remedied with the GEN2 :rolleyes:

I had these pix laying around, can't really see underneath tho;
P8310649_zps33df3fbd.jpg

---
P8310650_zps84bf47be.jpg

Are you meaning, where there is a rubber section in that line under the master, is leaking where its crimped together? Or is that section of line "touching" another piece of the vehicle?

If it just the hose that's leaking.. easy fix

Coming home onto 95 at 4:30 in the morning I Saw a Mark seven pulled over on the side of the road? Guess the 5.0 just didn't feel like running anymore?

put the air intake back with vac tee replacement...new TPS, IAC and a tight bank 1 IMRC pod...started engine 2x, ran it...
no CEL!!!
no more P1537!!!!!
:dancefool

---
P9070690.jpg
---
the car really bounces when you gun it on just 3 wheels

P9070690.jpg

my brown car doesn't have the hood, wiper assembly, or cowls....is it safe to drive it like that?

my brown car doesn't have the hood, wiper assembly, or cowls....is it safe to drive it like that?

as long as it doesn't rain!
i drove like that for a while. i was having egr issues. much easier to get to the egr with the hood off.
i got some looks and some people yelling at me at taco bell. lol. then i took out a audi tt so they can suck it.

Last edited:
as long as it doesn't rain!
i drove like that for a while. i was having egr issues. much easier to get to the egr with the hood off.
i got some looks and some people yelling at me at taco bell. lol. them i took out a audi tt so they can suck it.
I put the cowls on but nothing else, 7 screws....as much as a pita as that IAC was, the EGR looks worse...can't wait to see how my mpg changes now that my bank 1 imrc vac pod works...fixin to take the cowls off and give the engine a good cleaning, new windshield next w/e
----
is there an cabin air filter on the pass side that can be removed, cleaned or replaced?

No, that is the air inlet for the car HVAC. Make sure the seal is good to the cowl or you wi get a water leak inside the car when it rains.

Diesel Dan, can you show us where to cut the headlights to rechrome them? I've read pages and pages of rechroming but no exact description of where to cut. I know to use a thin cut off wheel with a Dremel at slow speed but that was the best description I could find in all the threads. Unfortunately Aquabrit's pics are gone forever, which was supposed to be a very good rechrome thread.

Diesel Dan, can you show us where to cut the headlights to rechrome them? I've read pages and pages of rechroming but no exact description of where to cut. I know to use a thin cut off wheel with a Dremel at slow speed but that was the best description I could find in all the threads. Unfortunately Aquabrit's pics are gone forever, which was supposed to be a very good rechrome thread.

Don't cut them at all.. place them in your oven on a baking pan @ 250* for about 10 minutes.. if glue isn't soft enough to pull the lenses off...place in for a bit longer

A Heat-Gun works better if you've got one. Just heat the back side of the housing where the glues channel is, around the edges

I'm going to have to make a video of this, too many folks ruining lights with dremel tools

Are you meaning, where there is a rubber section in that line under the master, is leaking where its crimped together? Or is that section of line "touching" another piece of the vehicle?

If it just the hose that's leaking.. easy fix

Okie dokie...here's some pics: (not in order)

DSC00709.jpgDSC00710.jpgDSC00711.jpgDSC00712.jpgDSC00713.jpgDSC00714.jpgDSC00715.jpgDSC00716.jpgDSC00717.jpg

I thought at first it was the rubber hose leaking. But unfortunately, it was the metal line that the rubber hose was touching. It's hard to believe that a rubber hose could rub a hole in a metal brake line. But it happened. Now the problem is going to be removing and replacing that line without bending or crimping or breaking it at some point. It has more than ten bends in it :(

I'm just glad this didn't happen with Rich when he was driving it up here from Florida. :)

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

That would be great Sapper, make us a video so we can all do this. Do you still offer your services?

I cut the lens off right where it meets the housing....re-chormed....glued....siliconed and done. Couldn't be any easier and it didn't melt the housing. :)

Did absolutely nothing to it.. I DID fail at laying some concrete though.

Meh, it was my first time..

Members online

No members online now.
Back