What did you do to your LS today?

Might try that cube, with gloves. Since its probably the cheapest solution. After looking at the rear brakes better it seems pads may be the least of my troubles...

Might try that cube, with gloves. Since its probably the cheapest solution. After looking at the rear brakes better it seems pads may be the least of my troubles...

It's the cheapest if your time is free and you don't slip and tear the dust boot. If you do slip, then the $7 to $12 tool will cost you way more than the $20 to $30 one.

It's the cheapest if your time is free ...

MTV = My Time is Valuable...

anytime I'm working and its on my own car, thats already costing me money that I could be making by working on a car thats not mine!

for me the $25 I spent on the old HF tool has paid back in time saved well over the cost of the tool after a few brake changes...

Yeah, I know cheap tools usually end up costing more in the end, I am just hoping the LS is gone long before it ever needs rear pads again. :p
I plan on selling my F150 this spring, then the Lincoln Shortly after.
Maybe the $40 HF tool set would be best, it never hurts to have MORE tools lol

^ more tools is always great just remember to close drawers, my tool box took a nose dive not too long ago, not fun!

Goodbye to the injection system with air support and well come to the injection of 4 points,after rough it with huge air leaks I decided to remove the air assist system.
Left to right
LS 2 Gen
2003 Ford Taurus
2004 Crow victoria
LS 1 Gen
I use the the 2003 Ford Taurus those are the best suited for the size of ls 2Gen are very short for the base of the ramp injection and victoria are have a lot of fuel flow these may be useful for a turbo compressor project.
View attachment 828471266

So, how does it run? CEL's?

WIXOM PLANT ~ January 31, 2001

bday.gif

Yeaaaah, my LS turned 14 today, wonder what's going to break on it this year.​

Holy Mother Of God.............
So I got the calipers off, the lower slide was seized up badly, like it sank with the titanic and ford went down and retrieved it for this LS.
WD40 was useless, as well as a vice grip was useless, until i used a torch to heat the mounting bracket were the slide sits. then i had to twist it back and forth about 30 times before it came out.
Im sure its common for the lower slide to stick with these Northern LS's

Note: Im not sure what calipers u all have but that cube had 0 chance of fitting, and since i borrowed from a friend i wasnt about to grind off two of the points to try and make it work.
I bit the bullet and went to HF and got this set http://www.harborfreight.com/disc-brake-pad-and-caliper-service-tool-kit-pc-61381.html
wow what a breeze that made things. MORE TOOLS!!!

Replaced the Accessory belt.
When i installed the alt last year i somehow shredded one rib right off the belt, even though the belt was sitting perfectly on the pulleys
I have decent sized arms so the chance of me fitting my arms between the fan and the coolant hoses was slim to none. So i had to remove the fan to get the belt back on properly. Got about 30 cuts from the razor sharp plastic on the fan shroud. bled all over the car, blood sweat and anger, got it all back together.

This tightly cramped crap makes me dream of the days u could sit in the engine bay and work on the engine if u wanted to.

well if you continue to not drive it, probably not much.

Listen wisecrack, they break as much sitting doing nothing and pardon me for working on it and keeping it in a garage during the winters.

Holy Mother Of God.............
So I got the calipers off, the lower slide was seized up badly, like it sank with the titanic and ford went down and retrieved it for this LS.
WD40 was useless, as well as a vice grip was useless, until i used a torch to heat the mounting bracket were the slide sits. then i had to twist it back and forth about 30 times before it came out.
Im sure its common for the lower slide to stick with these Northern LS's.

Sounds like it has the factory caliper slides and bolts on it. Caliper hardware are wear items (they go through an extreme heat cycle every time the brakes are applied) and should be replaced when the pads are replaced. You don't want to use cheap parts store hardware from China either, that junk almost warps and pits on you just smearing caliper grease on them.

I got a magnum black shifter knob for my birthday and put it on this evening. I like it a lot, you push it down to get out of park which feels sportier to me. Feels just a bit more like a real manual transmission when bump shifting with this one over the stock leather and clicker type release.

I always made fun of my friends in school with their silly little shifter knobs and here I am with this one! LOL

Anyone need a black leather stock knob?

^ looks great, what's the miles on that 06?

The snow finally stopped around noon today and the sun came out. We ended up with 12". Here is the LS before I got her cleaned off and cleaned up the other half of the driveway. I had given up on the section of the circular driveway in front of where the LS was parked halfway through the storm.

DSC01719 (1024x767).jpg

DSC01719 (1024x767).jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back