What did you do to your LS today?

My opinion, is that on its own an intake doesn't do much other than look cool and sound good.

With the ways cars are controlled by computers these days you could put a huge cone on the front of your car leading into the intake and see almost nothing. The computer is going to adjust everything to compensate to get the car to run the way it is supposed to. In order of what I did to my car was 1)Intake 2)Full Exhaust) 3)Tune.

With the intake the sound change was the biggest factor no noticeable performance gain. The exhaust bumped me a good bit on the butt dyno but as it should. I got a full magnaflow system to include cats. Now, even with those things the computer was still in charge. Once I got a Torrie tune, holy ****. Much improvement in almost every department but I'll stay on topic here with the engine. With the ability to intake more air and get the exhaust out quicker the tunes Torrie made for me, MPG...Performance....and Performance + 2 degree's of timing, made a world of difference. I haven't tried MPG yet, maybe on a long trip or something. I also haven't tried performance +2, just performance. The car is noticeably quicker. It's not like adding a turbo or anything I mean you have to be realistic. I'd estimate 10-15 in gains on both HP and TQ. The shift speed increase is really what gets you going quicker.

I use the Torque Pro android app and a OBDII bluetooth adapter. It's not exact but it's close enough. I've launched to 60 in 6 flat before according to that thing. It was 6.6 with just the intake.

Again, the ability for the intake to make some gains is there. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the obvious improvement in flow path and resistance, but you have got to modify that computer to actually use it.
Rite On Brother you can put a bundle in it but without a REAL TUNE your waisting your money !!!

ddm tuning

20131224_182724.jpg

I can give you some tips if it is Windows 8. Can't wait till I can afford to put my new head unit in, coupla more months.

Yes. Its windows 8. I am NOT impressed with it at all. Pictures are all in one file. No way to sort them in separate files. Having issues with downloading pictures. Complete PITA.

Yes. Its windows 8. I am NOT impressed with it at all. Pictures are all in one file. No way to sort them in separate files. Having issues with downloading pictures. Complete PITA.

Windows 8 will drive you mad. It is essentially an operating system that is optimized for tablets, specifically, the Microsoft Surface. MS is doing their best to evolve, but they've left laptop and desktop users in a lurch. Like Waggs says, you will need to download something to give you a Windows 7 look. I downloaded a freeware program called 'Classic Start Menu'. Then you have to learn some of the 'shortcuts' in Win 8, mainly Ctrl + Windows button. That's the shortcut to the 'desktop' that will get you part way there. Then you can use your Classic Start button to launch programs.

Everything in the old Windows is still there, underneath Win 8, but you have to hunt for it. And you will need to learn how to avoid reverting back to the annoying Win 8 'Surface' view. This will take some practice. Here are some reading links about Win 8:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms167593%28v=sql.105%29.aspx

Many people opt to completely blow away Win 8 by simply installing Win 7. That will certainly work, but for me, I found the tutorials and the classic shell software to be enough. Here is the classic shell website:

http://www.classicshell.net/

Here's the CNET download page; CNET shareware is where I often go to download a clean copy that I might not be able to find with Google, due to the wild west world of software on the 'net. You also get a rating and a review before you make up your mind.

http://download.cnet.com/Classic-Shell/3000-2072_4-75553853.html

Edit: sorry, that should be Windows button + D gets you to the Desktop. Ctrl + D prompts you to save a page as a favorite.

Last edited:
Christmas was good to me this year. So in the near future I will be installing HID's, remote Carson Siren and speaker, and directional light bar that I just finished installing in my rear deck.

Heres a couple of pics and the video of the light bar set-up.

http://youtu.be/DZXYKy8W8qkIMG_20131226_195655_698.jpgIMG_20131226_131545_714.jpg

The first picture is where I placed the remote and all its wiring under the center console.

IMG_20131226_195655_698.jpg

IMG_20131226_131545_714.jpg

got a heatwave in kansas city for the last 2 days, tomorrow will be in the 20's so I got my brothers an oil change and wash to get rid of the salt before another layer of salt again.

2lincolns.jpg

2lincolns.jpg

Past month I have probably drained the cooling system 7 times, to try and find out why we didn't have any heat. That being said, today I installed new T-stat & o'ring, degas bottle, and DCCV. Then, for what felt like the 100th time, I filled and bleed the cooling system. Turned car on and Finally HEAT!!!!!!
THEN I GOT A STICK OF DINOMITE, STUCK IT IN THE COOLING DEGAS BOTTLE, LIT IT, SHOT THE CAR A BIRD AND BLEW THE BASTARD UP!

I love working on cars, but DAMN if this car isn't the absolute WORSE to work on! But my wife has heat now, so I will be moving from the couch back to the bedroom.

^ If it's got T!ts or Tires, it's gonna need maintenance!

Why did you block off so much of your headlights???

In a feeble attempt at not blinding oncoming traffic. Going to redo them, except next time I'm just gonna tape it off and plastidip the eyelids on.

looks good ,will you be installing a grille in your car anytime soon ??

When I can afford it lol. I think my hood is warped, but I don't know for sure. I'm not gonna keep buying grilles if my car keeps demolishing them lol.

^ intense! +1

Gizmo: gizmoLight.jpg Bright light Bright light.

gizmoLight.jpg

Members online

Back