What did you do to your LS today?

BigRig - I've had the same Akebono pads for a little less than a year now and love them. Super quiet no matter how dirty they get and great stopping power. Good decision

Just recieved my new R1 Concept rotors today, why these things 65lbs?
... like
censored.gif
'n boat anchors man! What was I thinking ... I'll just go ahead and order 4 new hubs as well then.

Pics pending of course!

r1concept.jpg

R1 Concept Rotors (wayyyy tooo heavy)

~ yes, I did just quote myself.

@myfirstlincoln, thanks for the heads up, I always try and go with something that's been recommended on here.

r1concept.jpg

I put on new rear brake pads today. It looks like I am going to need to replace the calipers eventually. Original factory pads taken off.

View attachment 828466679

R1 Concept Rotors (wayyyy tooo heavy)

~ yes, I did just quote myself.

@myfirstlincoln, thanks for the heads up, I always try and go with something that's been recommended on here.

I got the same ones from R1. Mine are for the Jaguar STR upgrade and I agree, they are heavy! They look great though. When I got mine, I sprayed a few coats of clear on the black painted center just to help keep it looking fresh.

A little of this today.... AVH-P4300DVD with iPod (160gb classic) controlled from the deck itself. Putting in a couple of 1060w infinity reference in an Atrend ported box powered by a lanzar 2000 (actually only about 350-400 RMS) tomorrow AM. routed the wires for headrest vid on a repeater for when I have more "Lincoln cash". Its been a long time comming with many craiglist finds / flips and a steep learning curve in the audio realm. Very excited to have watched season I episode 1 of top gear in my car tonight! Can't wait to hear her thump tomorrow night.uploadfromtaptalk1396769107030.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396769107030.jpg

Got the 10s in today. Working on tuning. This setup is pretty stout. I am very pleased with how it turned out.uploadfromtaptalk1396829048891.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396829063924.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396829080429.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396829048891.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396829063924.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396829080429.jpg

I put on new rear brake pads yesterday. It looks like I am going to need to replace the calipers eventually. Original factory pads taken off.

I didn't remember to take pics as I was doing the job so I took some after the fact. The pads look exactly like the ones everyone is talking about on here now. They are BrakeBest Select Premium Ceramic from O'Reilly.

They are not the best they had listed but, they have been upgraded to include the split in the pad and the special backing to make them quiet. They were $40.99 vs $49.99 for the top of the line parts.

View attachment 828466717
View attachment 828466718
View attachment 828466719

For you guys concerned about me working under the car without jack stands....View attachment 828466720 thanks!

booo O Reilly sucks ( sorry im a carquest employee haha ) , go for a full upgrade , jaguar 320mm rotors with caliper bracket and r1 rotors with akebono pads

booo O Reilly sucks ( sorry im a carquest employee haha ) , go for a full upgrade , jaguar 320mm rotors with caliper bracket and r1 rotors with akebono pads

Well, I used to not like O'Reilly but, the local one here happens to have an employee that's really in tune with suspension tech and raves about our cars by way of his own personal knowledge of the suspension technology. He's one of those guys in his upper 20s that drives a 240SX with proper setup for handling and he can just about quote chassis part numbers for our cars like a preacher quotes the bible so I go there. If I could walk in a place without anyone telling me my Lincoln has an air suspension, I might go there.

I am considering the brake upgrade but, for me, it won't apply for the rears anyway. The pads I have for the rear look the same as those Akebono ones. The rear brakes aren't as critical as the fronts unless I plan on tracking the car. There was at least 50% material left on the old pads.
View attachment 828466721

Hope you have some ventilation down there. A friend put his amp down there and it would overheat after a few hours.....

Been thinking about that, it was definetly a consideration before putiing it in there. Not sure how to provide ventilation other than a computer fan on a tube or something. Thanks for the heads up, I will be watching for this.

Been thinking about that, it was definitely a consideration before putting it in there. Not sure how to provide ventilation other than a computer fan on a tube or something. Thanks for the heads up, I will be watching for this.

That sounds like an excellent solution. Or mount the fan directly in the spare tire cover........

Been thinking about that, it was definetly a consideration before putiing it in there. Not sure how to provide ventilation other than a computer fan on a tube or something. Thanks for the heads up, I will be watching for this.

There are liquid cooled heat sync kits. You would just have to run 2 small hoses to the back of a body panel and provide a 5w pump some power.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Seidon-240M-All-In-One/dp/B00B20OYUY/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

I've seen these for under 25 bucks from international sources.

Headliner adhesive... Good to know. Mine is coming down in the back, noticeable if I open the back windows and air gets under it.

A note about glass treatments - I recently got the McGuires glass claying kit. It's a couple of bars of clay that you press into a disc. There is some cleaning solution that you spray on, then you wipe the clay over the glass and/or paint, then you wipe it clean with an included detailing cloth.

This did make the paint look lighter and cleaner. It's supposed to pick up and remove mineral deposits. However, my biggest peeve is the many water spots that have accumulated on my windshield, windows and mirrors. The kit did not seem to have any effect on these. This confirms what my buddy had told me before, that he knew of nothing that could get rid of water spots.

Also, confirming my previous reading and experience, claying doesn't improve any imperfections in the glass. Essentially, if you get/have a lot of rock dings in the windshield and it is affecting your vision, get a windshield replacement done. Probably covered with no deductible from your insurance company. Ahhhhh, but beware of the leaks. You need to get a guarantee that they will redo it if it leaks.

One car detailing item I picked up that is kinda cool is this 'water blade' thing I got at Target in their car detail section. It's a big, fat, silicone blade. Good for quickly wiping off the water from all parts of your car after a wash or a rain.

Headliner adhesive... Good to know. Mine is coming down in the back, noticeable if I open the back windows and air gets under it.

A note about glass treatments - I recently got the McGuires glass claying kit. It's a couple of bars of clay that you press into a disc. There is some cleaning solution that you spray on, then you wipe the clay over the glass and/or paint, then you wipe it clean with an included detailing cloth.

This did make the paint look lighter and cleaner. It's supposed to pick up and remove mineral deposits. However, my biggest peeve is the many water spots that have accumulated on my windshield, windows and mirrors. The kit did not seem to have any effect on these. This confirms what my buddy had told me before, that he knew of nothing that could get rid of water spots.

Also, confirming my previous reading and experience, claying doesn't improve any imperfections in the glass. Essentially, if you get/have a lot of rock dings in the windshield and it is affecting your vision, get a windshield replacement done. Probably covered with no deductible from your insurance company. Ahhhhh, but beware of the leaks. You need to get a guarantee that they will redo it if it leaks.

One car detailing item I picked up that is kinda cool is this 'water blade' thing I got at Target in their car detail section. It's a big, fat, silicone blade. Good for quickly wiping off the water from all parts of your car after a wash or a rain.
I sometimes use a razor blade on my glass. There is special clay designed for glass as well.

I wouldn't use that silicone blade. Creates scratches very easily.

Use a good sealant and you won't have to worry about water spots.

I installed a new stereo (pioneer 4600BT) and the wood trim kit. I only used the trim pieces that cover the silver parts in the center of the dash. The silver parts were scratched up from the previous owner. I also started painting the under hood plastic panels to give the car a cleaner look. The piece is more glossy than the picture shows but not overly glossy. Finally, I just finished installing the Torrie Tunes. The car shifts way better now and the throttle is much more responsive. I have a few more plans for the car at the beginning of next month.

undr hood.jpg

stereo.jpg

I installed a new stereo (pioneer 4600BT) and the wood trim kit. I only used the trim pieces that cover the silver parts in the center of the dash. The silver parts were scratched up from the previous owner. I also started painting the under hood plastic panels to give the car a cleaner look. The piece is more glossy than the picture shows but not overly glossy. Finally, I just finished installing the Torrie Tunes. The car shifts way better now and the throttle is much more responsive. I have a few more plans for the car at the beginning of next month.

The Wood Trim looks perfect compare to the ones i seem, where do you get it from?

Members online

No members online now.
Back