What did you do to your LS today?

look cleannnn :cool: , and you dont trust us enough to show your license plate :shifty: hahahahaah

look cleannnn :cool: , and you dont trust us enough to show your license plate :shifty: hahahahaah

It's clean enough for now :)

And I never really understood why people blacked out their plates in internet pics, but figured I might as well. Besides that I just noticed you can read the plate in the reflection off the bumper

<----*owned*

something to do with people copying and making fake license plates with other people's numbers and letters on them, and haha wow i didnt notice, kinda hard to read

We just got our "annual" rainfall in SD (all over the weekend, prob not gonna get any more any time soon) and I discovered my left rear tailight is a "leaker"
Pulled it off, drained it out and slapped it back on, going to go buy some silicone tonight on the way home from work.

one thing I thought was pretty cool about these cars... I had initally forgot to hook up the connector for the wire harness and as soon as I started up the car the message center "reminded" me to go hook it up.

Sure do like my Lincoln!

something to do with people copying and making fake license plates with other people's numbers and letters on them, and haha wow i didnt notice, kinda hard to read
Really? Thought the plate is tagged to the car? Meh, I wouldn't be so worried about that!
We just got our "annual" rainfall in SD (all over the weekend, prob not gonna get any more any time soon) and I discovered my left rear tailight is a "leaker"
Pulled it off, drained it out and slapped it back on, going to go buy some silicone tonight on the way home from work.

one thing I thought was pretty cool about these cars... I had initally forgot to hook up the connector for the wire harness and as soon as I started up the car the message center "reminded" me to go hook it up.

Sure do like my Lincoln!

Another SD guy :D

I just washed the Linc' seeing as how we're not likely to get more rain anytime soon...headlights fogged up :(

It is in CA.... I know in NV it is tied to the person.

Really? Guess that answers that! I never owned a non cali car so <shrugs>

EDIT: Also got rid of those ugly dealer plates, replaced with simple chrome frames.
And popped some LED's in the reverse lights, will have to see if they're bright enough when it gets dark.

To others I'm sure it looks like I haven't done anything but I have been looking up info on the next steps...

By the way, I'm Rob...I have an 02 LS8 Sport (did i see somewhere that all gen 1 V8s are Sports?). For the time being this is a daily driver so I'm looking to get this beast back to where it was, while looking to improve parts quality where I can. The plan is to get it off the road...I suspect it'll be another winter.

Last week I farmed out repairing the leaks...oil, coolant, hydraulic. FelPro VC gaskets, OEM Degas Bottle, cooling fan pump (used). Everything everyone has been through at least once! I put in new Motorcraft coils and (iridium) plugs. There's nothing like a fresh, sorely needed tune-up. I pulled off the road to do smartphone stuff and when i was ready to go I happened to see the tach... I forgot the engine was running. And the added oomph on acceleration is quite nice, not to mention welcomed!

I have questions but will save for another post. There's more to do. Next up is suspension (the real goal is new tires, but not yet) and brakes. I saw BigRig's post on brake kits but haven't gotten through it all.

KJ7D1um.jpg

Nice clean look after debadge,
cool.gif

Nice clean look after debadge,
cool.gif

Thanks! I've never been a fan of manufacturer and model badges, it's just clutter in my eyes. People who what the car is don't need to see them, and ones who don't but want to can just ask. Same goes for dealership plates...I'm not a rolling bill board (unless I'm getting PAID for it!)

I did see somebody here with the old school Ford V8 emblem on the front fenders...now that I liked the look of!
(my mom passed her ford madness onto me...)

At ^...lol no way I'll hold the pump handle for $2/gallon less!

It works very well on the 1st gens...... Not so much, IMHO, on the 2nd gen. There is just too much room between the tail lights and the license plate surround.

I'm biased I guess cuz I hate those badges, but I think it still looks good on the 2nd gen. Of course opinions and taste vary :)

Little local dealership parts counter humour...today.
can't get me 2X Shock absorber lower bolt (M14 X 98MM) Callout: HB1 (This is for the rears)

Ford no longer services that P/N

people cant tell what car it is and what engine it has until i floor it ....then they find out :cool:

Like I said I have a list of stuff and some questions...

Suspension - I haven't dug in yet but I know shocks and sway bar bushings/links are going, and I'm sure there's more. Went to the KYB site - the parts catalog doesn't even list the gen1 LS. Not until 2003 does the LS appear in the menu. Am I missing something, or are gen1/gen2 shocks the same? What came stock on these cars? I was looking at the monotube gas. Also, are there any other brands I should look at? Or look out for?

Everyone seems to like the Energy Suspension bushings... is there a fit problem or no? I figure Moog for the links unless something else stands out.

Brakes - I'm assuming nothing more than pads replacement has been done - the look of the brake fluid tells me so. I'm pretty fliipin' particular about my brakes so I do my own. It bugs me that I may have to farm out bleeding the whole system. Anyway...

Rotors - I saw on RockAuto that Raybestos, Wagner, and MotorCraft all seems to be favorites. Someone somewhere mention r1 Concepts. Any other suggestions, pro or con?

Pads - I saw today that several are impressed with the Akebono pads. what about Centric or StopTech? Saw some Brembo pads but they're as pricey as the Akebonos.

Are there any issues with the Master/wheel cylinders? I'm assuming the sliders need help - is a rebuild kit in order? Things are pretty clean and I'm losing just a pinch of fluid. I'm thinking about going with SS lines.

Tires - I'm looking real hard at the Pirelli P7. These Falkens have to go! They remind me of the Continentals I had long ago - after about 20k miles they are the noisiest things.

Cleaning - Of course, now that the leaks are handled I want to clean things up. Whatever cleaner/degreaser I use I know agitation will be required...the shop did some of it so I got that going for me. What I'm wondering -- when I get all this black plastic cleaned up, what do I use for a dressing to get the new look back? Is Pig Spit all it's cracked up to be?

i can vouch for r1 concept rotors , i have slotted rotors and they are great , they dont rust either :)

Ha. There was a 1st post that went to moderation. Anyway, I'm Rob and I have an 02 LS8 Sport (did I see someone mention all gen1 V8s are Sports?).

Anyway, I (the shop) fixed a bunch of leaks and I'm just working down the list. So far - knock on wood - it's all routine stuff and common trouble spots... vcg's, degas bottle, hydr cooling fan pump, plugs/coils.

Ha. There was a 1st post that went to moderation. Anyway, I'm Rob and I have an 02 LS8 Sport (did I see someone mention all gen1 V8s are Sports?).

All 2nd Gen V8's are sports. The first gens are a little more complex. The differences are here somewhere....

Ohhh...Wood trim not on st wheel and shifter...SST...17" wheels?

I saw that...I know it's a Sport

Last edited:
"I did see somebody here with the old school Ford V8 emblem on the front fenders...now that I liked the look of!"

+1

saw this on craigslist and was wondering about the slotted and drilled rotors option , i dont think any Ls came with that stock

Screenshot_2014-03-04-08-41-58.jpg

saw this on craigslist and was wondering about the slotted and drilled rotors option , i dont think any Ls came with that stock

No brake upgrade option for the LS. Other than the sport models had aluminum front calipers to the non-sport's non-aluminum.

Members online

No members online now.
Back